BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] The Rao's

Unfortunately I think it is relevant because if they don't have the resources to maintain our losses in the medium term thne we'll be sunk anyway.

I say medium term, because I don't think promotion is a given in the next 2 to 3 years unless there's a significant change.

Of course no-one's willing to leap in and take over BRFC, and that's because the people you so desperately want to stay as owners have turned us into an economic basket case.

I forgot there was a queue outside Ewood during the 10 years that Walker Trust were trying to offload us.

Face it Bryan we were never an incredibly attractive proposition even when we were stable in the prem, and those berks have made us downright unsaleable.

What is your alternative course of action other than leave the Raos to it for now? I haven't got a plan B and I very much doubt you have either; unless of course you've been saving up?

• Replies 972
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I can't believe that sone folk seem to think that the solution to our problems is for the Venkys to put sone more money in. They have poured money into this black hole of their creation for nearly 4 years and at every turn the mess has grown bigger and bigger. More of their cash just leaves the club in a more precarious position IMO.

Does anybody think that? Personally I just want them to go.

Would it not be better to get rid and start again now than in say 3 years time with total liquidation ?.

What he said.

No because I'd be doing my damnedest to stop it happening in the first place Abs, hopefully by getting back to the financial promised land

What's your plan for say in 3 years and debts are un payable ?

There isn't one unfortunately. That's why I'm trying to give the club the best chance of financially preserving ourselves.

Agents are now a massive part of football, very very few transfers happen that don't involve agents. So with Rovers agents will still be involved. There will be agents that GB or his scouting team are "friendly" with and again there is nothing wrong with that as it happens at every single club. However the difference is that agents are not controlling the running of the football side of things, in that respect we are operating more like a normal club where the manager decides on transfers etc in consultation with the club owners.

As for Venky's the best thing for the long term future of the club is that they sell the club. I cannot trust them, they are permanently at a stage where they could at anypoint listen to that one bit of very bad advice which would send the club into a tailspin. Over the last 12 months they have managed to avoid listening to bad advice but that doesn't mean that they won't over the next 12 months. The relationship between the owners and the fans is broken beyond repair, so the best solution is that they sell the club. At there is at least one viable buyer that I know off so there are likely to be others.

Agents are now a massive part of football, very very few transfers happen that don't involve agents. So with Rovers agents will still be involved. There will be agents that GB or his scouting team are "friendly" with and again there is nothing wrong with that as it happens at every single club. However the difference is that agents are not controlling the running of the football side of things, in that respect we are operating more like a normal club where the manager decides on transfers etc in consultation with the club owners.

As for Venky's the best thing for the long term future of the club is that they sell the club. I cannot trust them, they are permanently at a stage where they could at anypoint listen to that one bit of very bad advice which would send the club into a tailspin. Over the last 12 months they have managed to avoid listening to bad advice but that doesn't mean that they won't over the next 12 months. The relationship between the owners and the fans is broken beyond repair, so the best solution is that they sell the club. At there is at least one viable buyer that I know off so there are likely to be others.

With all due respect - we keep hearing about these buyers - but who in their right minds (beyond another Uncle Jack) would buy the club in it's current state ? Importantly in a way that would allow the Venky's to sell without losing too much face (or millions).

Maybe not ever being a billionaire myself clouds my judgement a little where money is concerned but I would imagine even if I had billions, having lost signifant trusting supposed experts in their field and getting nothing back in return would make me a bit cautious too.

I would hope that Venkys must have learned by now that just chucking money at the problem doesn't guarantee instant success.

Let's not forget that they got plenty of expert advice in the early years, a lot of it from people with the club's best interest at heart.

Yet time after time they chose to ignore the good advice and follow the bad advice.

My opinion is that there must have been something contractual with the agencies concerned relating to ownership and control that they couldn't get out from. There was a marked change in approach from around the time that Kean left. Mrs Desai also said something like '...since we've had control of the club' in the court case, talking about the difference in contracts pre/post Kean.

I forgot there was a queue outside Ewood during the 10 years that Walker Trust were trying to offload us.

Face it Bryan we were never an incredibly attractive proposition even when we were stable in the prem, and those berks have made us downright unsaleable.

What is your alternative course of action other than leave the Raos to it for now? I haven't got a plan B and I very much doubt you have either; unless of course you've been saving up?

I certainly don't take issue with the first two paragraphs.

I'm not proposing any alternative course of action, I'm just trying to tackle the assertion that Venky's are rolling in billions. After all, we're just helpless bystanders, so whatever is said on here is totally moot.

As far as I can see, the eventualities from here will either be promotion in the next 2-3 years and a gradual righting of the ship; or we stay down here, eventually go bust and the Rao family departs and we get taken over by someone who can see a value in building the cub up given that the debts would've been wiped.

So I don't think we're differing by a great amount. Perhaps the only difference is that after 3 years of disasters you're feeling a wave of relief, whereas I think it could well just be the lull before the storm. I guess we'll find out, eh?

Did you note that Chaddy? This is Kamy talking!

"There is at least one viable buyer that I know of so there are likely to be others."

Jimmy612, Theno, DMTP and all others who think we have to be tied to Venkys forever or die. The only real problem is that the owners are too stupid to sell.

I certainly don't take issue with the first two paragraphs.

I'm not proposing any alternative course of action, I'm just trying to tackle the assertion that Venky's are rolling in billions. After all, we're just helpless bystanders, so whatever is said on here is totally moot.

As far as I can see, the eventualities from here will either be promotion in the next 2-3 years and a gradual righting of the ship; or we stay down here, eventually go bust and the Rao family departs and we get taken over by someone who can see a value in building the cub up given that the debts would've been wiped.

So I don't think we're differing by a great amount. Perhaps the only difference is that after 3 years of disasters you're feeling a wave of relief, whereas I think it could well just be the lull before the storm. I guess we'll find out, eh?

Yeh good post and I think you're absolutely right, we pretty much agree on the subject.

I also agree with anything we discuss being a moot point. We just have to ride it out and hope that the PL is achievable. Personally I'm looking forward to August and hope that a good start can bring all the fans together. Having said that I think the last 10 weeks of the season has given me too much hope and I expect to be badly let down when we get beat away from home on the first day of the season.

Life of a Rovers fan eh :brfcsmilie:

"There is at least one viable buyer that I know of so there are likely to be others."

Jimmy612, Theno, DMTP and all others who think we have to be tied to Venkys forever or die. The only real problem is that the owners are too stupid to sell.

http://www.lancashiretelegraph.co.uk/sport/1480619.buyout_bidder_exclusive_interview/

http://www.theguardian.com/football/2010/aug/18/ahsan-ali-syed-blackburn // http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-1367286/Racing-Santander-owner-Ahsan-Ali-Syed-spotlight--Pete-Jenson.html

Very good. I think these were considered viable Buyers as well at one point 47er.

I bet you were thrilled when Venkys bought us weren't you. What could ever go wrong with new owners :rolleyes:

http://www.lancashiretelegraph.co.uk/sport/1480619.buyout_bidder_exclusive_interview/

http://www.theguardian.com/football/2010/aug/18/ahsan-ali-syed-blackburn // http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-1367286/Racing-Santander-owner-Ahsan-Ali-Syed-spotlight--Pete-Jenson.html

Very good. I think these were considered viable Buyers as well at one point 47er.

I bet you were thrilled when Venkys bought us weren't you. What could ever go wrong with new owners :rolleyes:

I think the key word ( and its not mine) is "viable". If Kamy says viable then why should I not believe him? I'm sure Chaddy will back me up there!

Its a strange argument you're putting that because we have the worst owners anyone could imagine, its too risky to try another..Stockholm Syndrome again.

To get back to the basic stuff, you have been arguing that we must stick with the Raos because no-one else will take us on AND ITS JUST NOT TRUE.

I think the key word ( and its not mine) is "viable". If Kamy says viable then why should I not believe him? I'm sure Chaddy will back me up there!

Its a strange argument you're putting that because we have the worst owners anyone could imagine, its too risky to try another..Stockholm Syndrome again.

To get back to the basic stuff, you have been arguing that we must stick with the Raos because no-one else will take us on AND ITS JUST NOT TRUE.

This is absolute nonsense. You're getting gooey-eyed because Kamy says there's one viable owner? At what stage of 'potential takeover approach' are these viable owners at? What do you know about them 47er? Might I suggest you do a little research into this before you start jumping down our throats.

You've taken one message from albeit a decent source in Kamy, and you're now telling us all we are completely wrong. You have no idea what interest this party has and whether their interest would actually grow into a realistic bid for the club.

My argument is based on the past 15 years since the club was first put on the market by the JW trust. For 10 years we found three potential suitors. One was Dan Williams who didn't have a pot to @#/? in, another left Racing Santander in financial crisis, and the third was these numpties.

Tell you what 47er. Why don't you name me three reasons why someone would want to buy a club like Blackburn Rovers? No fans, catchment area saturated by other clubs of similar size, half the population of the town is either United/City/Lpool or Chelsea, town in serious decline and no sign of improvement, stadium of only £30,000 max capacity and no hope of filling it, but a nice training ground all the same.

Your three reasons - I'm waiting. Oh and one proviso; you can't tell me it's a local boyhood fan billionaire because if that's true I'll buy your season ticket for the season he takes over.

With all due respect - we keep hearing about these buyers - but who in their right minds (beyond another Uncle Jack) would buy the club in it's current state ? Importantly in a way that would allow the Venky's to sell without losing too much face (or millions).

There have been a number of groups that have approached Venky's over the last 2 years wanting to buy the club. For example there is the two Ian's group who remain interested. The other viable buyer that I have heard about over the last 6 months is Saudi based and want to use the fact that Venky's want to break into the middle eastern poultary market as bargaining chip (they help them break into that market).

But at the moment all of this is a mute point as Venky's have not engaged seriously with anyone wanting to buy the club. Most have been totally ignored and the ones that have got as far as having a meeting have been given the brush off.

This is absolute nonsense. You're getting gooey-eyed because Kamy says there's one viable owner? At what stage of 'potential takeover approach' are these viable owners at? What do you know about them 47er? Might I suggest you do a little research into this before you start jumping down our throats.

You've taken one message from albeit a decent source in Kamy, and you're now telling us all we are completely wrong. You have no idea what interest this party has and whether their interest would actually grow into a realistic bid for the club.

My argument is based on the past 15 years since the club was first put on the market by the JW trust. For 10 years we found three potential suitors. One was Dan Williams who didn't have a pot to @#/? in, another left Racing Santander in financial crisis, and the third was these numpties.

Tell you what 47er. Why don't you name me three reasons why someone would want to buy a club like Blackburn Rovers? No fans, catchment area saturated by other clubs of similar size, half the population of the town is either United/City/Lpool or Chelsea, town in serious decline and no sign of improvement, stadium of only £30,000 max capacity and no hope of filling it, but a nice training ground all the same.

Your three reasons - I'm waiting. Oh and one proviso; you can't tell me it's a local boyhood fan billionaire because if that's true I'll buy your season ticket for the season he takes over.

Bleak but hard to contradict, I am afraid.

Still, I can't help hoping that the Saudi interest that was a rumour (15 months ago?) might resurface.But why on earth would they pick Rovers, a club that I love, but that means f*** all to anyone in Saudi Arabia? Arabs are ace!!

There are some people who like to convince themselves that nobody would want to own Rovers. That they are different to other clubs and that nobody would go near us with a bargepole even if Venkys wanted to sell.

I believe that as long as the price is right there will always be interest in buying a club like Rovers.

The fundamental reason for that is the club are one good season away from a place in the Premier League. The only positive to Burnley going up is that they have destroyed the myth bandied about that small town northern clubs will never again reach the top division, and 'never again in my lifetime' will Rovers be in the top division. Three teams from twenty four will be promoted every year. Based on last season's performance and overall level of the club I would say we are in a better position than about half of those to challenge for promotion.

We have a Premier League stadium, training ground and academy status, which sets us apart from most in this league and some in the league above.

We have shown that we will get 20-25 thousand crowds in the Premier League, which is the same as or better than some of those there at the moment.

Clubs like Palace, Hull, Swansea and West Brom have demonstrated that you don't need to spend big money or be a 'big club' to survive in the Premier League. You need to be well managed and sensibly run (like we used to be). None of those clubs have the pedigree or infrastructure that we enjoy.

For a potential buyer the club is one promotion away from the riches of the Premier League and the profile that comes with it. That's quite a lure. Stay there and your investment will be paid back many times over.

Having said all that, there is still no reason to think Venkys will even contemplate selling up. Given the significant improvements of the last 12 months I would be inclined to stick rather than twist at this stage and hope Bowyer is given the resources to push us on next season.

Abbey i dont have to prove anything to you. I trust Kamy info and if you dont fine. Nothing i can do or want to do.

Bowyer is clearly in charge of the players we sign and Shaw/Silvester do the deals. Simple enough

There have been a number of groups that have approached Venky's over the last 2 years wanting to buy the club. For example there is the two Ian's group who remain interested. The other viable buyer that I have heard about over the last 6 months is Saudi based and want to use the fact that Venky's want to break into the middle eastern poultary market as bargaining chip (they help them break into that market).

But at the moment all of this is a mute point as Venky's have not engaged seriously with anyone wanting to buy the club. Most have been totally ignored and the ones that have got as far as having a meeting have been given the brush off.

To all the head in sand rose tinted Rao lovers

READ WHAT KAMY KNOWS ABOUT POTENTIAL NEW OWNERS

Kamy, I know you can't necessarily state everything you know and maybe you don't know the answer, but what sort of figures are the potential buyers talking about paying for the club? Also do you know if we would still be saddled with the debt, that we currently have?

It sounds like a very interesting scenario what you have said about the Saudi interested and the carrot of Venky's being offered a way in to the Middle Eastern Poultry market. Can you expand on that at all?

Let's not forget that they got plenty of expert advice in the early years, a lot of it from people with the club's best interest at heart.

Yet time after time they chose to ignore the good advice and follow the bad advice.

My opinion is that there must have been something contractual with the agencies concerned relating to ownership and control that they couldn't get out from. There was a marked change in approach from around the time that Kean left. Mrs Desai also said something like '...since we've had control of the club' in the court case, talking about the difference in contracts pre/post Kean.

There very well could be. I remember reading that Balaji was looking to sponsor a local team but his now-well-known-sports-expert friends pointed to the Premiership and then to us.

Who knows what control that initial agreement gave, which again raises my hackles when I think of the deceit from the WT who seemed to be so desperate to offload us they couldn't do it fast enough

To all the head in sand rose tinted Rao lovers

READ WHAT KAMY KNOWS ABOUT POTENTIAL NEW OWNERS

Lol - why don't you read the last bit :-

"But at the moment all of this is a mute point as Venky's have not engaged seriously with anyone wanting to buy the club. Most have been totally ignored and the ones that have got as far as having a meeting have been given the brush off."

:D

It is difficult to talk figures, but I suspect that if/when they sell the actual sale figure would depend on what league we are in.

The Saudi is being led by a wealthy child of a refrigeration manufacturer. Venky's deffo trying to get into the lucrative Poultry market in Middle East so that carrot would be a good bargaining chip. But to be fair these and everyone else have had absolutely no encouragement from Venky's regarding them selling the club. My personal view is that they will give it one more shot this season and then see where we are in 12 months time.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It is difficult to talk figures, but I suspect that if/when they sell the actual sale figure would depend on what league we are in.

The Saudi is being led by a wealthy child of a refrigeration manufacturer. Venky's deffo trying to get into the lucrative Poultry market in Middle East so that carrot would be a good bargaining chip. But to be fair these and everyone else have had absolutely no encouragement from Venky's regarding them selling the club. My personal view is that they will give it one more shot this season and then see where we are in 12 months time.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks, Kamy........Out of the frying pan into the fridge!

Archived