BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] The Rao's

Lol - why don't you read the last bit :-

"But at the moment all of this is a mute point as Venky's have not engaged seriously with anyone wanting to buy the club. Most have been totally ignored and the ones that have got as far as having a meeting have been given the brush off."

Yup, which also reads as "were taking the proverbial with their offers". I'm sure there ARE buyers out there with the best of intentions for the safety of the club but I very much doubt their pockets will match the level of their intentions, or surely they would have been there making their offers to the WT BEFORE when we were still in the Premiership!

I'd hazard a guess that these supposed buyers will pitching their bids at a more realistic price of what we are worth now compared to what Venkys laid out when they bought us and they are unlikely to garner any interest whilst we still stand a chance of returning to the Premiership.

As I said in my earlier posts, FFP might just throw that off if we incur any stiff penalties that significantly affect our chances of returning to the promised land.

All this is of course at best, conjecture and personal opinions but I'd be interested in any party coming forward and coming clean that they can and are prepared to pay Venkys what they paid for the club. I can imagine that's the only way they would ever get a foothold in piqueing Venkys interest - that is if they have even considered offloading us in the first place.

• Replies 972
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It is difficult to talk figures, but I suspect that if/when they sell the actual sale figure would depend on what league we are in.

The Saudi is being led by a wealthy child of a refrigeration manufacturer. Venky's deffo trying to get into the lucrative Poultry market in Middle East so that carrot would be a good bargaining chip. But to be fair these and everyone else have had absolutely no encouragement from Venky's regarding them selling the club. My personal view is that they will give it one more shot this season and then see where we are in 12 months time.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

A question of if AND when.

So question for you Kamy, say Venkys pay any FFP penalties, the wage bill is significantly reduced and next season with Best, Etuhu et all out of contract and bye byed, say we were running the club within the financial constraints befitting our league status, even if we looked no closer to returning to the Premiership in a years time, would the operating costs still be so significant as to make Venkys want to sell their "baby" or would a return to sensible spending make it more viable that they would stay in the background on the chance we can still make it back to the big league which is the only way they could ever recoup their investment?

I wonder if the Saudis will still be interested in 12 months' time if we're still in the Chumpionship and Venky's want out.

God, they're so stubborn that make me want to kick a church window in.

You've been here clucking long enough for any good you might have done, now feck off you feathered fiends.

Lol - why don't you read the last bit :-

"But at the moment all of this is a mute point as Venky's have not engaged seriously with anyone wanting to buy the club. Most have been totally ignored and the ones that have got as far as having a meeting have been given the brush off."

Yes I already know that, that is why I keep saying the only reason why the Rao's are still here is because they refuse to talk to any interested parties, I really wonder why

Yes I already know that, that is why I keep saying the only reason why the Rao's are still here is because they refuse to talk to any interested parties, I really wonder why

Don't know whats to wonder about.

Its like this landlord eejuts that go round asking pensioners to sell their house hoping to get it on the cheap and wondering why they won't sell because they clearly don't need s house that big and its maintenance is clearly no longer within their means.

Simple answer is it's theirs and why should they?

It would be a different story if Venkys had been complaining about what its costing them (or not) to run the club with the current debt situation but so far they have maintained that they aren't going anywhere.

Don't

Simple answer is it's theirs and why should they?

It would be a different story if Venkys had been complaining about what its costing them (or not) to run the club with the current debt situation but so far they have maintained that they aren't going anywhere.

Because the house since they moved in has subsided almost to the point of collapse, and they've struggled to understand how to ensure it's well-maintained. <Adopts Lloyd Grossman voice> Now who would live in a house like that?

How do you know they're not complaining? They don't speak publically.

Because the house since they moved in has subsided almost to the point of collapse, and they've struggled to understand how to ensure it's well-maintained. <Adopts Lloyd Grossman voice> Now who would live in a house like that?

How do you know they're not complaining? They don't speak publically.

Let me rephrase then: "they're not complaining publicly" which is as good as.

As per the subsidence, on my analogy of the elderly house owner it still remains the same. Unless the house owner was breaking the law letting the house go to that dilapidated state theres no reason why they have to entertain anyones interest in purchasing it especially when they haven't given any indication they wished to do so surely?

Let me rephrase then: "they're not complaining publicly" which is as good as.

As per the subsidence, on my analogy of the elderly house owner it still remains the same. Unless the house owner was breaking the law letting the house go to that dilapidated state theres no reason why they have to entertain anyones interest in purchasing it especially when they haven't given any indication they wished to do so surely?

They may well be breaking corporate governance law, looks like they are breaking the FFP rules as well,

Not sure Madam and the thug would like being compared to the elderly, he is handy with and iron bar I believe, careful what you say!

Four years on and we no nothing more about these people and their true intentions for our club.We don't know them...they may as well be from Mars.

So many questions still unanswered,they barely attend games but do like to rub shoulders with Royalty.

What we DO know is that the club will NEVER mean to them what it means to the town and it's people. How could they thousands of miles away they might be, but they unlike Jack, having the silver spoon thrust in their mouth instead of pouring blood and sweat to build the empire he did, could never understand what a local team done good does to the economy even if they moved to a modest house in Wilpshire.

Even taking the football loving Balaji at his word that they saw the pain in the faces of fans when we were relegated etc. (Not an exact quote), There's no way they could ever understand how MUCH our premiership achievements did for Blackburn and putting a small mill town on the map.

It's their right not to sell.

But it's surely also our right not to be happy about it? We have to tolerate them, but we don't have to like it.

You won't get any arguments from me on that one.

Sadly as was said, we need them more right now than they need us but we don't have to like it. What we do need is to be realistic and stick behind the team. Granted some still don't warrant the huge salaries for their outputs but that is neither the fault of the players that do play for the shirt or fans and playing staff alike.

Sure it sticks in your throat knowing we are at the mercy of these unknowns but we are where we are and my love for the club I've supported for the better part of my life far outweighs any resignation I feel towards Venkys, WT or even the crooks who saw an opportunity to plunder on the back of the clueless ones.

What we DO know is that the club will NEVER mean to them what it means to the town and it's people. How could they thousands of miles away they might be, but they unlike Jack, having the silver spoon thrust in their mouth instead of pouring blood and sweat to build the empire he did, could never understand what a local team done good does to the economy even if they moved to a modest house in Wilpshire.

Even taking the football loving Balaji at his word that they saw the pain in the faces of fans when we were relegated etc. (Not an exact quote), There's no way they could ever understand how MUCH our premiership achievements did for Blackburn and putting a small mill town on the map.

Oh I never heard that one..but it sure makes me feel better to know that he feels my pain.. And I am sure Bush and Blair grieve for innocent Afghans....You just couldn't make this stuff up.

Are you a dingle on the laugh ?

Oh I never heard that one..but it sure makes me feel better to know that he feels my pain.. And I am sure Bush and Blair grieve for innocent Afghans....You just couldn't make this stuff up.

Convinced now there either a dingle or on the venky payroll

Are you a dingle on the laugh ?

Convinced now there either a dingle or on the venky payroll

Well that would speak volumes about your intellect than anything else.

If you can't come up with any reasonable debate then add me to your ignore list or/and please ask the doc to change the dosage.

Why ? Your mask as slipped when you said fat arse saw pain in faces ... Your deluded , crackers , wind up or a dingle .

The VENKYSCUM saw naff all .

Even the founded venky love festers on here can deny that one . .. Oooops sorry there isn't one silly mr

Are you sure you do not mean Venketash in the famous "confused" interview that was done in Switzerland.

Poor bloke looked like he was carrying out that interview at gunpoint

EDIT: Video added

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_Ptl-UF-cvo

Interesting re-watching it , this was a few days after Kean had been out to India and reaffirming he would not resign

Wonder if Everton remembers who else if anybody was knocking about there before or after the interview

Are you sure you do not mean Venketash in the famous "confused" interview that was done in Switzerland.

Poor bloke looked like he was carrying out that interview at gunpoint

Quite possibly. I was doing a search for it and all I could find on the football genius was the quote of "the saddest news since his mother died". But I distinctively remember a quote about seeing the upset faces of the fans etc followed by the usual "we will do whatever it takes" throw-in. Eugh. I'm going to stop looking now, I don't know whether I want to laugh or cry reading some of them..

Archived