BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] The Rao's

• Replies 972
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Unfortunately we're stuck with them for the foreseeable future IMO.

The club's certainly not saleable in it's current format unless the debts owing to Venkys are written off (highly unlikely), they sell to another set of lunatics or they recoup what they can before binning us. I know it's unpalatable but I believe for now they are our only sensible option.

Venkys paid £23 million (I think) for an established PL club with debts of circa £10 million, a decent asset value of playing stock and a break even trading position. Who would buy it now in its current state?

I certainly wouldn't be keen on a change of ownership to Saudis who see us as some sort of bargaining commodity regarding fried chicken outlets and suspect that the 2 Ian's will be waiting for the call from The Rao's, not the other way round and the first question would be write the debts off and then we'll talk.

As has been said many times by many, nobody has a clue what they are thinking or how they think. So I'm gonna just try to enjoy my football next season and pray we go up. Doing so gives us our only hope of exorcism and salvation.

Agents are now a massive part of football, very very few transfers happen that don't involve agents. So with Rovers agents will still be involved. There will be agents that GB or his scouting team are "friendly" with and again there is nothing wrong with that as it happens at every single club. However the difference is that agents are not controlling the running of the football side of things, in that respect we are operating more like a normal club where the manager decides on transfers etc in consultation with the club owners.

As for Venky's the best thing for the long term future of the club is that they sell the club. I cannot trust them, they are permanently at a stage where they could at anypoint listen to that one bit of very bad advice which would send the club into a tailspin. Over the last 12 months they have managed to avoid listening to bad advice but that doesn't mean that they won't over the next 12 months. The relationship between the owners and the fans is broken beyond repair, so the best solution is that they sell the club. At there is at least one viable buyer that I know off so there are likely to be others.

chaddy's going to have an heart attack reading that :lol:

what Venkys love in?

People have different view to yours Abbey that is all.

Venkys have made huge mistakes and we are know what they are.

BUT in the last 12 months Venkys have started running the club properly and NOT listening to any agents at all. Plus letting Bowyer and Shaw run the club in proper football matter.

Plus without Venkys putting money into the club to paid of the debt we would be bust by now. or is that what you want tho Abbey? just to get rid of them

well thats one point chaddy

It is difficult to talk figures, but I suspect that if/when they sell the actual sale figure would depend on what league we are in.

The Saudi is being led by a wealthy child of a refrigeration manufacturer. Venky's deffo trying to get into the lucrative Poultry market in Middle East so that carrot would be a good bargaining chip. But to be fair these and everyone else have had absolutely no encouragement from Venky's regarding them selling the club. My personal view is that they will give it one more shot this season and then see where we are in 12 months time.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mirror Exclusive by Nicko tomorrow - Venky's Freeze out the Saudis :)

Are Venkys putting money in? I thought they were lending the club money, via VLL and an Indian Bank. There was no debt in May 2012 according to the interview posted above, now there is £70M and rising so I don't think anyone is putting any money in.

Question for Kammy -

How many potential buyers have managed to get to the bargaining table, is this a more recent trend (i havent seen it said before), and are you aware if the brush-off was because of non-willingness to sell or price being offered to the Raos?

Question for Kammy -

How many potential buyers have managed to get to the bargaining table, is this a more recent trend (i havent seen it said before), and are you aware if the brush-off was because of non-willingness to sell or price being offered to the Raos?

From what I know over the three years there have been just a couple of buyers who have got as far as having a meeting with Venky's, but that was probably done out of politeness (due to these people using venky's inner circle to get to the owners) rather than any serious desire to sell the club. There have been many more who have not even had a reply let alone a meeting with the owners.

I appreciate Kamy's post about agents but you have to question the motives behind the Dabo and Songo'o signings. Wonder what their agents fees were?

Got to still question nearly everything where contracts are concerned when the Rao's and Desai are quite happy to still employ somebody who cost them a million quid, considering they have form for backing people screwing the club..

From what I know over the three years there have been just a couple of buyers who have got as far as having a meeting with Venky's, but that was probably done out of politeness (due to these people using venky's inner circle to get to the owners) rather than any serious desire to sell the club. There have been many more who have not even had a reply let alone a meeting with the owners.

Thanks Kamy.

Just imagine the ego trip they'd be on if the improbable happened and we somehow won promotion under their watch. They've taken virtually non of the blame for events since they arrived but you can bet they'd be making sure they took the worldwide credit if it happened. Every PR company in universe would be getting a call from India, that's probably worth all the money and hassle to them.

I appreciate Kamy's post about agents but you have to question the motives behind the Dabo and Songo'o signings. Wonder what their agents fees

every manager signs the odd duffer, at least they where cheap, low risk deals and they pale into insignificance when you see how well Conway, cairney, gestede, evans spurr, killgannon and marshall have done.(that's half of a very promising team signed in 1 season for only a few million)

Don't know whats to wonder about.

Its like this landlord eejuts that go round asking pensioners to sell their house hoping to get it on the cheap and wondering why they won't sell because they clearly don't need s house that big and its maintenance is clearly no longer within their means.

Simple answer is it's theirs and why should they?

It would be a different story if Venkys had been complaining about what its costing them (or not) to run the club with the current debt situation but so far they have maintained that they aren't going anywhere.

Its a different story to saying that we have no choice but to stick with the Raos because no-one else will buy us.

But keep saying it if it eases the pain.

Yes I already know that, that is why I keep saying the only reason why the Rao's are still here is because they refuse to talk to any interested parties, I really wonder why

I wonder why there are ANY interested parties from people with no previous connection to the club yoda!

Yup, which also reads as "were taking the proverbial with their offers". I'm sure there ARE buyers out there with the best of intentions for the safety of the club but I very much doubt their pockets will match the level of their intentions, or surely they would have been there making their offers to the WT BEFORE when we were still in the Premiership!

I'd hazard a guess that these supposed buyers will pitching their bids at a more realistic price of what we are worth now compared to what Venkys laid out when they bought us and they are unlikely to garner any interest whilst we still stand a chance of returning to the Premiership.

As I said in my earlier posts, FFP might just throw that off if we incur any stiff penalties that significantly affect our chances of returning to the promised land.

All this is of course at best, conjecture and personal opinions but I'd be interested in any party coming forward and coming clean that they can and are prepared to pay Venkys what they paid for the club. I can imagine that's the only way they would ever get a foothold in piqueing Venkys interest - that is if they have even considered offloading us in the first place.

What? You seriously expect a new owner to give the Raos their money back? After destroying a Premier League Club and running up massive debts through, at best, utter incompetance, you think the Club is worth what it was before? Deluded.

Got to still question nearly everything where contracts are concerned when the Rao's and Desai are quite happy to still employ somebody who cost them a million quid, considering they have form for backing people screwing the club..

Yes, signing Dabo on loan then not giving him any time on the pitch, seems fishy to me.

Are Venkys putting money in? I thought they were lending the club money, via VLL and an Indian Bank. There was no debt in May 2012 according to the interview posted above, now there is £70M and rising so I don't think anyone is putting any money in.

Yes,good point. Have Raos ever actually paid off any debt since they bought the Club? Or do they merely meet the interest payments on the massive debt THEY caused?

Do they borrow further to meet the interest payments? Simply asking, I wouldn't know.

Venkys paid £23 million (I think) for an established PL club with debts of circa £10 million, a decent asset value of playing stock and a break even trading position. Who would buy it now in its current state?

Err---you have been reading this thread have you?

What? You seriously expect a new owner to give the Raos their money back? After destroying a Premier League Club and running up massive debts through, at best, utter incompetance, you think the Club is worth what it was before? Deluded.

Maybe you should learn to read, aappears to be a similar pattern to Abbey and Yoda, you only see what you want to see. I think my post was clear enough that its Venkys who would expect to recoup their investment despite dropping into the Championship.

Again not something that should need explaining..

Archived