BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] The Rao's

I think people need to remember this. ^

I really don't understand when posting becomes personal. People are going to vent their spleen, even moreso when it appears that people are 'moving on', whilst nothing has really changed at the top level within the club.

Can we really 'move on'? Or do some people just want to let the current situation wash over them.

Who are the more passionate fans? Those who will try to see the positives and carry on supporting the club through thick and thin - preferring to ignore the backstory and concentrate on trying to focus on the things which make the club feel 'normal'; or those who will not ever forget let alone forgive unapologetic, unrepentant owners who have effectively wiped out 25 years of 'Arte et Labore' to get the club to where it was - but will carry on supporting the team. Think about it that's more than half a lifetime for most of us; more our entire adulthood for the next demographic. Those who will not just 'lie back and think of Blackburn'.

Of course the answer is BOTH!

Whichever vantage point you view our current situation: happy goldfish or angry elephant, both types are still reading, posting, arguing on here from eating their breakfast to turning off the bedside lamp. The fact that they are STILL HERE should stop people questioning their commitment or support.

If people can't cope with this as part of what a mod-lite messageboard is about then give it up. Head over to the official board or Roverstalk where there is much more heavy handed moderation who will crack down hard on anyone questioning the club or owners.

Long Live The Free World.

1_20130627111345179988.jpg

I think the fans who turn up home and away are the ones who should be applauded, and to my mind are the passionate ones, the ones who keep using the Rao's as an excuse and never turn up at all, but keep commenting, oh how silly we are, venky lovers etc, to my mind are not passionate Rovers fans, am i allowed that opinion --- probably not.

• Replies 972
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think people need to remember this. ^

I really don't understand when posting becomes personal. People are going to vent their spleen, even moreso when it appears that people are 'moving on', whilst nothing has really changed at the top level within the club.

Can we really 'move on'? Or do some people just want to let the current situation wash over them.

Who are the more passionate fans? Those who will try to see the positives and carry on supporting the club through thick and thin - preferring to ignore the backstory and concentrate on trying to focus on the things which make the club feel 'normal'; or those who will not ever forget let alone forgive unapologetic, unrepentant owners who have effectively wiped out 25 years of 'Arte et Labore' to get the club to where it was - but will carry on supporting the team. Think about it that's more than half a lifetime for most of us; more our entire adulthood for the next demographic. Those who will not just 'lie back and think of Blackburn'.

Of course the answer is BOTH!

Whichever vantage point you view our current situation: happy goldfish or angry elephant, both types are still reading, posting, arguing on here from eating their breakfast to turning off the bedside lamp. The fact that they are STILL HERE should stop people questioning their commitment or support.

If people can't cope with this as part of what a mod-lite messageboard is about then give it up. Head over to the official board or Roverstalk where there is much more heavy handed moderation who will crack down hard on anyone questioning the club or owners.

Long Live The Free World.

1_20130627111345179988.jpg

Good post.

For what it is worth, I think I am like Dr Moreau's experimental cross between an elephant and a goldfish!

I dont remember basturk geting any game time either but he was still worth a punt

I believe they did give him a job in the end as a Barsteward, he was ill but legitimate!

Wouldn't we all? Of course it would be an ideal situation to have Rovers fans running the club, particularly if they have deep pockets, as they won't be able to run the club in its current incarnation!

Fact is, I'm just getting hacked off with the black and white view of this board!

er it's blue n white

Ha Ha yes got to be right sometime, Oh wait a minute what if we do get promoted, what then oh wise one.

I think the Rao's will try and get their money back with a sale

Theres a difference between disagreeing with someone and starting a flame war by calling the a Venkys lover. It would be a boring message board if we all agreed with everything everyone said. It's the naysayers response of going on the attack that causes the division and one has to ask the question - why?

That old chestnut, blame the fans,

It is the Rao's catastrophic management that has caused the division.

Classic mg chestnut as well

Theres a difference between disagreeing with someone and starting a flame war by calling the a Venkys lover. It would be a boring message board if we all agreed with everything everyone said. It's the naysayers response of going on the attack that causes the division and one has to ask the question - why?

Well, to your first point the board has always had this Rovers Fan, trembler edge to it, much as probably every other media outlet has. Your second point is pretty daft really. You don't want people who disagree with your viewpoint to post? Of course some posters go over the top, but that's not limited to any particular viewpoint.

Oh, and wasn't one of your first posts on here to "attack" the naysayers by disclosing that the owners were pound billionairres? How does that work then?

We all agree that the past 30 odd months have been hard but the past 12 haven't been completely disastrous like the 18+ before.

Do we?

For me, yes theres been no Shebby, no firing of managers after 10 games, but it depends if you class silence as progress. Some call it stability, to me its a void. When was the last time there was some kind of organised statement from the board or the owners to tell the fans exactly whats going on and what the aim is? Was the last time when they were grieivng for their baby and encouraging the fans to give them more time? (Honestly thats the last thing i remember them saying).

In the meantime we are steadily building debt we have no way of paying back. Thats surely disastrous for us as a club?

It may be marginally better than not being a laughing stock, but hardly stability or progress.

Well, to your first point the board has always had this Rovers Fan, trembler edge to it, much as probably every other media outlet has. Your second point is pretty daft really. You don't want people who disagree with your viewpoint to post? Of course some posters go over the top, but that's not limited to any particular viewpoint.

Oh, and wasn't one of your first posts on here to "attack" the naysayers by disclosing that the owners were pound billionairres? How does that work then?

"Your second point is pretty daft really. You don't want people who disagree with your viewpoint to post?"

Dear me!

WHERE on earth did you get that from my post??

Insulting someone by immediately labelling them a "Venkys lover" isnt offering a different opinion and calling Venkys pound billionaires isn't or shouldn't be cause for a flame war.

Unless of course the very suggestion that Venkys might be able to pull us out of the mire they created conflicts so greatly with what the insulted wants that it has to resort to name calling and labelling as a Venky/Rao lover.

Am I getting warmer?

See, the underlying principle used by many in fringe politics is to rile and stir by using buzz words, labels, "Venkys Lover" "Paymasters in Pune" "WUM" "You must be a dingle".. bullying tactics which usually result in the target to give up and disappear.

These last few days you only have to go back through my posts to see how much in force ABBEY, yoda et al have come out in defiance at the very suggestion that Venkys may have the money to bail us out. You can agree with that or disagree with it, but the very antagonist responses which lead me to tell 47er to learn to read in my one post I notice has been most replied to by these individuals - predictably because it lowered me to their level of name calling - and suddenly it doesn't take a genius to work out theirs more to it than just a little bit of frustration towards the owners.

"Your second point is pretty daft really. You don't want people who disagree with your viewpoint to post?"

Dear me!

Insulting someone by immediately labelling them a "Venkys lover" isnt offering a different opinion and calling Venkys pound billionaires isn't or shouldn't be cause for a flame war.

Unless of course the very suggestion that Venkys might be able to pull us out of the mire they created conflicts so greatly with what the insulted wants that it has to resort to name calling and labelling as a Venky/Rao lover.

Am I getting warmer?

See, the underlying principle used by many in fringe politics is to rile and stir by using buzz words, labels, "Venkys Lover" "Paymasters in Pune" "WUM" "You must be a dingle".. bullying tactics which usually result in the target to give up and disappear.

These last few days you only have to go back through my posts to see how much in force ABBEY, yoda et al have come out in defiance at the very suggestion that Venkys may have the money to bail us out. You can agree with that or disagree with it, but the very antagonist responses which lead me to tell 47er to learn to read in my one post I notice has been most replied to by these individuals - predictably because it lowered me to their level of name calling - and suddenly it doesn't take a genius to work out theirs more to it than just a little bit of frustration towards the owners.

yawwwwwwwwwwwwwn

I think I've put forward some well-reasoned arguments.

I don't take a negative view because I get any joy from it, believe me. I think there's a dangerous amount of complacency from some fans who, probably feeling a wave of relief that the club hasn't been a laughing stock for a while, seem to think that things must therefore be improving behind the scenes.

I feel like I'm banging my head against a brick wall sometimes, I also feel that some on here like to skew the viewpoints of others to suit their agenda.

It's not really worth the candle, is it?

Really? In the words of Samuel L Jackson's Pulp Fiction character: Allow me to retort!

The only Venkys related division was in the Kean era which was to Boycott or not to Boycott. And I said earlier, even then it was the Boycotters who had an ulterior motive to the rest of the boycotters that shouted the loudest at those who didn't, shouting us down and labelling as Venkys apologists/lovers/dingles/WUM etc.for expressing a different viewpoint.

For every other catastrophe that the Venkys tenure has created, the fans are united in their disdain/hatred of the owners.

How far would I be off the mark wondering whether my recent antagonists were part off that group of fan-ownership slavering opportunists?

It seems to raise its head wherever I go and it appears the end-game is to expedite the failure so it can be bought back (for tuppence of course) to rise back up from the ashes.

And we wouldn't want any likkle twubble maker coming in the way being all positive and all now would we?

Roll on next season cos if that really is your end game the hurt is only going to get worse as we improve on this season going from strength to strength.

Forever Rovers.

Really? In the words of Samuel L Jackson's Pulp Fiction character: Allow me to retort!

The only Venkys related division was in the Kean era which was to Boycott or not to Boycott. And I said earlier, even then it was the Boycotters who had an ulterior motive to the rest of the boycotters that shouted the loudest at those who didn't, shouting us down and labelling as Venkys apologists/lovers/dingles/WUM etc.for expressing a different viewpoint.

For every other catastrophe that the Venkys tenure has created, the fans are united in their disdain/hatred of the owners.

How far would I be off the mark wondering whether my recent antagonists were part off that group of fan-ownership slavering opportunists?

It seems to raise its head wherever I go and it appears the end-game is to expedite the failure so it can be bought back (for tuppence of course) to rise back up from the ashes.

And we wouldn't want any likkle twubble maker coming in the way being all positive and all now would we?

Roll on next season cos if that really is your end game the hurt is only going to get worse as we improve on this season going from strength to strength.

Forever Rovers.

Yawn

I think I've put forward some well-reasoned arguments.

I don't take a negative view because I get any joy from it, believe me. I think there's a dangerous amount of complacency from some fans who, probably feeling a wave of relief that the club hasn't been a laughing stock for a while, seem to think that things must therefore be improving behind the scenes.

I feel like I'm banging my head against a brick wall sometimes, I also feel that some on here like to skew the viewpoints of others to suit their agenda.

It's not really worth the candle, is it?

Can't see a problem with anyone putting forward a well-reasoned argument or counter-argument Bryan.

You can see the two fantastic responses though from the usual suspects to my posts that differ from someone willing to debate and respond with a well-reasoned argument. Do I believe things have improved? Yes. Do I believe we can be complacent? Possibly. Maybe more so if things keep improving on the field but I highly doubt anyone's going to be too quick to forget the nightmare of the last few years that quickly. Even if we got to the Premiership next season and hypothetically won it the next, playing Champions League football in a few years with the Raos looking smugly through the window with a "We told you we'd do it" grin on their contorted faces, it would still be a million miles away from forgiveness from the fans who witnessed first hand the wave of destruction that got us here.

I'm in agreement with the earlier discussion of the need for communication with the fans - For Venkys its the only long road to any kind of penance and restoring any faith in their ability to learn from their mistakes and belief in anything they say.

Can't see a problem with anyone putting forward a well-reasoned argument or counter-argument Bryan.

You can see the two fantastic responses though from the usual suspects to my posts that differ from someone willing to debate and respond with a well-reasoned argument. Do I believe things have improved? Yes. Do I believe we can be complacent? Possibly. Maybe more so if things keep improving on the field but I highly doubt anyone's going to be too quick to forget the nightmare of the last few years that quickly. Even if we got to the Premiership next season and hypothetically won it the next, playing Champions League football in a few years with the Raos looking smugly through the window with a "We told you we'd do it" grin on their contorted faces, it would still be a million miles away from forgiveness from the fans who witnessed first hand the wave of destruction that got us here.

I'm in agreement with the earlier discussion of the need for communication with the fans - For Venkys its the only long road to any kind of penance and restoring any faith in their ability to learn from their mistakes and belief in anything they say.

Far to many assumptions in that post,

you won't like me saying this but you can never ever be complacent, road to ruin if you do.

You have started down the road to fantasy Island with comments like these "Even if we got to the Premiership next season and hypothetically won it the next, playing Champions League football in a few years"

If the Roa's got us back to the PL and around 10th place with a similar debt as before they took over, that would only allow them to then communicate with the fans and say "hey we got it wrong before but we are back to the start" only then would the majority of supporters believe the club meant anything to them and it might be possible to look forward.

The reason you get negative comments from some members is because how you come across and tend to make light of the clubs problems,

we are in deep doodoo

The contributors of the most boring and one dimensional posts yawning away.

Abbey you must be desparate for us not to recover whilst under venkys. You will look even more bitter - ranting away with the same one-liners (Or worders)

That is what message boards are like, all different opinions, if you don't like the heat leave the kitchen

So what's the need for responding with "yawn"? Show some respect if you expect the same of your opinion!

Do we?

For me, yes theres been no Shebby, no firing of managers after 10 games, but it depends if you class silence as progress. Some call it stability, to me its a void. When was the last time there was some kind of organised statement from the board or the owners to tell the fans exactly whats going on and what the aim is? Was the last time when they were grieivng for their baby and encouraging the fans to give them more time? (Honestly thats the last thing i remember them saying).

In the meantime we are steadily building debt we have no way of paying back. Thats surely disastrous for us as a club?

It may be marginally better than not being a laughing stock, but hardly stability or progress.

Fair enough, 13/14 months ago it looked much bleaker in my eyes. Especially on the pitch. We are miles ahead of where I expected us to be. Hence the raised expectations all around.

So what's the need for responding with "yawn"? Show some respect if you expect the same of your opinion!

Fair enough, 13/14 months ago it looked much bleaker in my eyes. Especially on the pitch. We are miles ahead of where I expected us to be. Hence the raised expectations all around.

2 way street that

That is what message boards are like, all different opinions, if you don't like the heat leave the kitchen

I regularly use a few other internet forums but this is the only one where you get the most prominent posters(and grown men) acting in this way whilst offering nothing of interest in return.

Forums are about sharing opinions and thoughts(amongst other things) Not repeatedly ramming your own "opinions" down the throats of others and ignorantly refusing to even consider or listen to another persons view(yet still felling the need to belittle and mock them)

p.s.

its going to be a long long summer if this is how things are going to carry on.

Dear me!

Am I getting warmer?

no just more boring

I regularly use a few other internet forums but this is the only one where you get the most prominent posters(and grown men) acting in this way whilst offering nothing of interest in return.

Forums are about sharing opinions and thoughts(amongst other things) Not repeatedly ramming your own "opinions" down the throats of others and ignorantly refusing to even consider or listen to another persons view(yet still felling the need to belittle and mock them)

p.s.

its going to be a long long summer if this is how things are going to carry on.

I think you have history in this field

Archived