BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] The Rao's

• Replies 972
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Moderation Lead

I keep reading posts about Venky's love, and it's just tosh, especially when people complain about posters putting words in their mouths. Until anybody praises or says they love Venky's, it doesn't exist. I can't think of any Rovers fan in their right mind that would praise Venky's for anything during their tenure, or why they would!!

There is absolutely no guarantee that any new owners would be any better either, just look at Pompey, so many false dawns for their fans as well.

This board has gone to the dogs....

Definitely. But as with my previous post about how owners thousands of miles away not able to appreciate the affect of the club's fortunes on the town, I suspect that Venkys may not be fully appreciative of the level of animosity towards them - either that or they think that if they come good all will be forgiven.

I agree that of all the crash course learning they may have had from the melt down, re-engagement and communication with the fans is a must if they intend to stick around for the long haul and in saying that, I'd rather have that any day as a Championship club than hitting the Premiership waiting for the next Keanami.

I suspect though, this will be the play going forward with Bowyers visits to India, the only real indication where we stand and what we have available. Unfortunately for them - and us - there attempt at engaging with *chuckle* "Robbie" *chuckle* Shebinator was a spectacular disaster and I can't see them wanting to go down that road again.

"They should have come to me!"

Maybe you should learn to read, aappears to be a similar pattern to Abbey and Yoda, you only see what you want to see. I think my post was clear enough that its Venkys who would expect to recoup their investment despite dropping into the Championship.

Again not something that should need explaining..

rose tinted Rao lover,

you don't know any of that for sure, or have you some info you would like to share ?

you should learn to read as well, it is yoda.

I keep reading posts about Venky's love, and it's just tosh, especially when people complain about posters putting words in their mouths. Until anybody praises or says they love Venky's, it doesn't exist. I can't think of any Rovers fan in their right mind that would praise Venky's for anything during their tenure, or why they would!!

There is absolutely no guarantee that any new owners would be any better either, just look at Pompey, so many false dawns for their fans as well.

Agreed.

There are no guarantees in football of any sort. For example,Jack died thinking he'd secured Rovers future.

As for new owners hard to imagine we could get worse, particularly if genuine Rovers fans were involved. Are we going to live for years and years terrified of losing owners we hate?

And as for, Portsmouth, read the Guardian article.

As for the Board, take a break, do something else. It'll still be here when you change your mind.

I must admit though when one poster who joined 18 months ago and has 67 posts in total and over 40 of them are on this one thread in 4 days and its titled "the Raos" you do start to wonder.

I must admit though when one poster who joined 18 months ago and has 67 posts in total and over 40 of them are on this one thread in 4 days and its titled "the Raos" you do start to wonder.

I wondered yesterday and he cried mods mods mods

There are no guarantees in football of any sort. For example,Jack died thinking he'd secured Rovers future.

As for new owners hard to imagine we could get worse, particularly if genuine Rovers fans were involved. Are we going to live for years and years terrified of losing owners we hate?

And as for, Portsmouth, read the Guardian article.

As for the Board, take a break, do something else. It'll still be here when you change your mind.

Assume you're talking about me. Yes its odd that someone who preferred to read than post suddenly had the audacity to start posting... on one thread too!

Must be a PR stunt. There can't be any other explaination eh?

The problems on this messageboard isnt from those who accept we are where we are and have to play the cards we are dealt, its those whose minds are so twisted with hate they can't stand anyone who doesnt share their hatred.. and god help anyone to be anything but negative!

I said a while back on a different forum when I was getting abuse for still going to matches like I was a Venkys apologist and would be equally responsible for the clubs demise, that I almost hope we get promoted and do well whilst the Venkys are still here just to watch those snivelling moaners come crawling back out of the woodwork.

I cant say I feel any different in these last few days when the ilks of the same moaners have started with the "Venkys lover" "masters in Pune" clap trap that comes with those whose agendas appear far more suspect than of those they constantly berate and accuse.

The problems on this messageboard isnt from those who accept we are where we are and have to play the cards we are dealt, its those whose minds are so twisted with hate they can't stand anyone who doesnt share their hatred.. and god help anyone to be anything but negative!

I said a while back on a different forum when I was getting abuse for still going to matches like I was a Venkys apologist and would be equally responsible for the clubs demise, that I almost hope we get promoted and do well whilst the Venkys are still here just to watch those snivelling moaners come crawling back out of the woodwork.

I cant say I feel any different in these last few days when the ilks of the same moaners have started with the "Venkys lover" "masters in Pune" clap trap that comes with those whose agendas appear far more suspect than of those they constantly berate and accuse.

I wholeheartedly agree. If you say anything other than what would be perceived as "the norm" then your a WUM. Fair enough, there has been posters who I was convinced came simply to wind up- and there will be again.

But just because B feels passionate about the situ regarding owners- how does that make him a WUM?

He's not saying things like "we have to sell" without a shred of evidence. He's not saying "we must love the masters" and he certainly ain't calling a rival manager by the name "wee dougie"..

KHod has it right, this forum is falling in standards due to a number of posters who aren't prepared to discuss. They are only prepared to lambast opinion!

I couldn't agree more. It's the reason why I hardly come on this site anymore. Reasoned debate is a thing of the past on here. If you try to put a positive opinion forward you are immediately branded a Venky lover. A number of friends describe BRFCS as the "Anti-Rovers" site and whilst I argued that was total nonsense I now know what they mean. It's a pity as I used to enjoy the lively and well thought out debate on here. As you say, a negative spin is put on everything on here. The loan signing of Dabo is now some diabolical plot according to some rather than just a gamble that didn't pay off. Rather like the loan signings of Julian Marshall, Nigel Gray and Martin Foyle, who came to Ewood and never played a game for the club. But, of course, that doesn't fit the hate campaign being waged by some on here.

Maybe you should learn to read, aappears to be a similar pattern to Abbey and Yoda, you only see what you want to see. I think my post was clear enough that its Venkys who would expect to recoup their investment despite dropping into the Championship.

Again not something that should need explaining..

They bought a premiership club that pulled in 45m alone from the sky TV deal and turned it into a struggling championship club that now pulls in absolutely diddly squat, and you think they'll be looking to recoup what they paid!!!!

Talk about confused of Pune!

Oh dear. Some of you guys need to understand that there are still plenty of fans who really fear for the club under these owners. What do you want them to do, close their eyes to it and tell everyone how great things are? No. Well they will say what their feelings are, just as you guys do.

Well to all those who are feeling a little delicate and precious,

my prediction is 12 months from now, when we have not been promoted, we will find out what the Rao's are really like

It's a fact that we have local Rovers fans interested in buying the club, but they'll not pay anything near 40m+ and will wait until those 3 idiots in Pune give up the ghost and get the club for £1.

I'd much rather have Rovers fans making mistake after mistake running the club, than some idiots 2000 miles away and whilst having Rovers fans running the club doesn't mean everything will be rosy, they'll at least get the basics right which them 3 muppets still can't do after years in charge.

• Moderation Lead

It's a fact that we have local Rovers fans interested in buying the club, but they'll not pay anything near 40m+ and will wait until those 3 idiots in Pune give up the ghost and get the club for £1.

I'd much rather have Rovers fans making mistake after mistake running the club, than some idiots 2000 miles away and whilst having Rovers fans running the club doesn't mean everything will be rosy, they'll at least get the basics right which them 3 muppets still can't do after years in charge.

Wouldn't we all? Of course it would be an ideal situation to have Rovers fans running the club, particularly if they have deep pockets, as they won't be able to run the club in its current incarnation!

Fact is, I'm just getting hacked off with the black and white view of this board!

my prediction is 12 months from now, when we have not been promoted, we will find out what the Rao's are really like

You make an interesting point. Without promotion, the club is looking at FFP sanctions and potentially 100m+ of debt. Will they be thinking "enough is enough"? How will that impact us?

Not trying to be patronising but we aren't discussing that. We will in 12 months if it happens. Hypothetically speaking though, if it is the case- is it your intention to crow "hate to say I told you so?"

We already know the implications yoda. As a point of discussion, what happens if we go up and they say they are keeping GB and putting in money to stay up? Do we say "see what the con artist do when we are relegated in 12 months!"

Which in effect shows the point myself, parson et al make. Why are you wholly concerned with only bad things that happen? Entrenched in depression. We all agree that the past 30 odd months have been hard but the past 12 haven't been completely disastrous like the 18+ before. You must see it, and I would advise people to open their eyes if they don't.

Again. To cover myself from what I'm going to affectionately refer to as the "Adams family" - things could get worse quite easily. Let us not forget that things can go either way!

Even if that is the case, it's not like anyone on here was rooting for them in any way.

And tbh, I doubt even the most glass always half-full fan OR the glass half - empty true Rovers fan wants to see the selling off of anything not bolted down being sold off just to have the gratification of saying I told you so.

As it stands none of these things are within our control. An out and out boycott at this point would be suicide even if it was possible and standing on the terraces boo-ing the team hasn't exactly endeared us to the footballing world.

The only thing we can do as Rovers fans is to be the 12th man and hope the noise we make, which has been often been mentioned by managers and players alike, can be the difference on the day to motivate the team and hope it's enough to get us back to where we were and where we all know we belong.

We can't influence what decisions are made in a board room and I for one, would be glad knowing they're not coming back unless we go up again.

Oh dear. Some of you guys need to understand that there are still plenty of fans who really fear for the club under these owners. What do you want them to do, close their eyes to and tell everyone how great things are? No. Well they will say what their feelings are, just as you guys do.

I think people need to remember this. ^

I really don't understand when posting becomes personal. People are going to vent their spleen, even moreso when it appears that people are 'moving on', whilst nothing has really changed at the top level within the club.

Can we really 'move on'? Or do some people just want to let the current situation wash over them.

Who are the more passionate fans? Those who will try to see the positives and carry on supporting the club through thick and thin - preferring to ignore the backstory and concentrate on trying to focus on the things which make the club feel 'normal'; or those who will not ever forget let alone forgive unapologetic, unrepentant owners who have effectively wiped out 25 years of 'Arte et Labore' to get the club to where it was - but will carry on supporting the team. Think about it that's more than half a lifetime for most of us; more our entire adulthood for the next demographic. Those who will not just 'lie back and think of Blackburn'.

Of course the answer is BOTH!

Whichever vantage point you view our current situation: happy goldfish or angry elephant, both types are still reading, posting, arguing on here from eating their breakfast to turning off the bedside lamp. The fact that they are STILL HERE should stop people questioning their commitment or support.

If people can't cope with this as part of what a mod-lite messageboard is about then give it up. Head over to the official board or Roverstalk where there is much more heavy handed moderation who will crack down hard on anyone questioning the club or owners.

Long Live The Free World.

1_20130627111345179988.jpg

Oh dear. Some of you guys need to understand that there are still plenty of fans who really fear for the club under these owners. What do you want them to do, close their eyes to it and tell everyone how great things are? No. Well they will say what their feelings are, just as you guys do.

I fear for the club. Genuine. But I can also see that things may be slightly better (on the pitch especially) than 12 months ago.

I hate what they and the criminals did to is. Letting it plague every view I make going forward is not conducive to analysis though pal!

Ha Ha yes got to be right sometime, Oh wait a minute what if we do get promoted, what then oh wise one.

Theres a difference between disagreeing with someone and starting a flame war by calling the a Venkys lover. It would be a boring message board if we all agreed with everything everyone said. It's the naysayers response of going on the attack that causes the division and one has to ask the question - why?

Archived