BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] The Rao's

Thats is like saying its still my house though the bank reposessed it.

I like the "you must be a pro-venkys" if you don't sit there whining doom and gloom.

Isnt there any moderation on this forum for abusive posts btw? (See above).

to help the mods the word was @#/? off

• Replies 972
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I should give up now mate. You won't win and eventually you'll get hounded off the site. The trouble is you made a comment about people researching venkys holdings and indian sub culture. Therein you must be Indian and work for venkys. Despite the fact there are what, over 1 billion people living in India? Honestly its not worth discussing anything intelligently when it comes to the owners. You can cover your backside as much as you like with comments like 'I don't like the owners' or 'their gross mismanagement of the club' etc.... but if the blood thirsty folk on here tar you with that venky brush your doomed.

Why?

Because I refuse to live in a doom and gloom world you seem to enjoy living in Abbey?

What good does sitting there worrying about the debts or crying VENKYSCUM OUT going to achieve? You don't have to like the owners to care about the club. You do however need to realise its THEIR club now and its future lies in what future decisions they take.

You don't have to like that fact either. But its a fact.

That shows how little you know me. ! Before the VENKYSCUM took over I was the most optimistic fan there was but now I don't bury my head and I see what the cretins you laud over have done to MY club .

THEIR club ? They don't give a rats arse and proof was when they flew in to meet the queen and get free royal advertising for team venky and then stuck the middle finger up at fans by leaving straight after and not giving a chickens arse about the Yeovil match .

Which part are you having an issue grasping Abbey?

They are the OWNERS. A simple fact to comprehend you would have thought.

The custodians of our heritage is as a matter of fact all of us. But you just carry on venting your rage because THAT'S going to time travel our club back to the premiership of course.

I will continue to support my team knowing the only place I have a voice to effect change is encouraging my team on the terraces.

Lol@patrickvalery :)

Yes I have noticed but its unlikely to stop me posting what are unfortunately the facts and the reality we are facing.

Er less of the patronising boo . You cry to mods because someone has a go at you yet you have just done the same.

Of course I know who owns us and I will hate them until I draw my last breath .

They will never own 'US' abbster. Bricks and mortar but never us.

I should give up now mate. You won't win and eventually you'll get hounded off the site. The trouble is you made a comment about people researching venkys holdings and indian sub culture. Therein you must be Indian and work for venkys. Despite the fact there are what, over 1 billion people living in India? Honestly its not worth discussing anything intelligently when it comes to the owners. You can cover your backside as much as you like with comments like 'I don't like the owners' or 'their gross mismanagement of the club' etc.... but if the blood thirsty folk on here tar you with that venky brush your doomed.

You might consider giving up too? There are fans on here who hate what the Raos have done to our club with a passion and will take every opportunity to say so. If you don't like it, don't read it.

And I'm sure that's the first time you've let us know that too.

For the record the mods thing was asia telling me to **** off, not for having a different opinion.

Again, shouldn't really have had to explain that fact.

Mods: that is totally correct.

It should have been this: http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0486585/

but even the checker at this end would not allow it

I don't think there can be a fan who DOESN'T hate what the Raos have done to this once proud club. But out of interest, who do you hate more:

The selfish back stabbing WT who sold Jack's legacy to the morons or the morons who bought the club knowing little how to run it?

I don't think there can be a fan who DOESN'T hate what the Raos have done to this once proud club. But out of interest, who do you hate more:

The selfish back stabbing WT who sold Jack's legacy to the morons or the morons who bought the club knowing little how to run it?

The morons who bought the club. Hate is applicable there, not so with the trustees.

You might consider giving up too? There are fans on here who hate what the Raos have done to our club with a passion and will take every opportunity to say so. If you don't like it, don't read it.

And why's that 47er? Because I take offence at someone getting told to #@$& off after they take the time to construct a well considered post? Venkys can go rot as far as I'm concerned. But I don't think its right that anyone who posts on here gets that sort of response. I don't think he was even defending the Rao's was he?

They will never own 'US' abbster. Bricks and mortar but never us.

True .. These venky sympathisers need to realise this . Breaks my heart .

VENKYSCUM .. No contest.

I don't think you're saying anything, anyone else doesn't know Booyakasha.

Maybe not but I don't find anything wrong with the content. Pretty much how I see it. Getting shouted down by the mob with non constructive comments is wrong and shouldn't mean that your voice shouldn't be heard.

Allroverasia..... YOUR club??? :huh: If it's your club and you don't like whats going on and you want the present owners to walk away asap then you'd better start saving up. 'Put up or shut up' was a popular saying in my day.

For the record from my (possibly fairly reliable, very close to the coal face but not guaranteed :wacko: ) source I too am fairly confident about their wealth. What I am not confident about is their continuing motivation. The entire BRFC experience must have become a nightmare for them. If I were them the sensible option would be to put it down to experience, cut my losses in any way I could and ride off into the sunset. It'd be the end for BRFC as we know it of course, at best we'd become Stanley Mk2 or similar but effectively as far as they are concerned so bloody what?

And why's that 47er? Because I take offence at someone getting told to #@$& off after they take the time to construct a well considered post? Venkys can go rot as far as I'm concerned. But I don't think its right that anyone who posts on here gets that sort of response. I don't think he was even defending the Rao's was he?

Hardly the end of the world as we know it. Ypur post went farther than that anyway.

If people want to criticise the Raos----let 'em. I'd hate them to think the bitterness was dying down, that was I was really wanting to say.

Bit harsh on booyah's posts- why answer alternative views with a "you must be a.." post. I've been guilty in the past and I can see they just lead to flaming.

To the point he makes though, we don't "own" the club in any sense and our only impact can be in the stadium - both positive and negative! It's hard to absorb- but when the premier league broke away, and TV money negated local fans impact on their clubs, we essentially lost "our" clubs to the world of marketing and ownership.

It's a cruel coincidence that one of the clubs that initially benefitted from this global interest is now a shell of itself after criminal negligence by owners who do not share our local love or view. When this is combined the fact we were put into the initial premier league and propped up by a rich fan who had recently sold his steel company for "a prile of 3s"...It's almost hideously ironic.

Thus the reason it's so hard to take for any rovers fan. It's not natural decline or expected- it's forced. It doesn't even look totally accidental because of complicit criminals disguised as professionals.

Hence why fans will never accept the current owners. No explanation or apology can appease- and the worry/speculation about impending financial meltdowns. This will go on whilst untrustworthy and proven ineffectual leadership is still around.

I'm as positive as anyone in terms of the progress in the last 12 months on the pitch as I've discussed. Since that's the only bit I could even potentially affect, I choose to focus on that element rather than the FFP implications of which I do not fully understand or have any influence on.

I'm choosing to suspend worry in favour of living a bit longer and accepting I will have no impact on it unless I win the euro, national and Spanish lottery, tote scoop 6 and stick it all on green 0.

That shows how little you know me. ! Before the VENKYSCUM took over I was the most optimistic fan there was but now I don't bury my head and I see what the cretins you laud over have done to MY club .

THEIR club ? They don't give a rats arse and proof was when they flew in to meet the queen and get free royal advertising for team venky and then stuck the middle finger up at fans by leaving straight after and not giving a chickens arse about the Yeovil match .

They love me.... they love me not. Abbey you want them to sod off out of the club without a thought for the consequences ..... then you moan cos they don't go to a match. Which is it?

btw I don't believe 'the most optimistic fan there was' is the term that I'd use to describe you when Big Sam was here. ^_^

So by that mark is reading about it too. So push off Victor. :P

Well who would bloody well believe it?

Never worry about what Onslow says. He suffers from verbal diarrhoea. Unfortunately I see his bleatings when you quote him.

They love me.... they love me not. Abbey you want them to sod off out of the club without a thought for the consequences ..... then you moan cos they don't go to a match. Which is it?

btw I don't believe 'the most optimistic fan there was' is the term that I'd use to describe you when Big Sam was here. ^_^

We are going to hell in a handcart with the Venkys !...

Maybe not but I don't find anything wrong with the content. Pretty much how I see it. Getting shouted down by the mob with non constructive comments is wrong and shouldn't mean that your voice shouldn't be heard.

Allroverasia..... YOUR club??? :huh: If it's your club and you don't like whats going on and you want the present owners to walk away asap then you'd better start saving up. 'Put up or shut up' was a popular saying in my day.

For the record from my (possibly fairly reliable, very close to the coal face but not guaranteed :wacko: ) source I too am fairly confident about their wealth. What I am not confident about is their continuing motivation. The entire BRFC experience must have become a nightmare for them. If I were them the sensible option would be to put it down to experience, cut my losses in any way I could and ride off into the sunset. It'd be the end for BRFC as we know it of course, at best we'd become Stanley Mk2 or similar but effectively as far as they are concerned so bloody what?

Are Rovers not your Club too? or am I missing something?

As much as I don't want them anywhere near , the decent thing would have been to at least attend the Yeovil game and show some respect to the club .

Ok pre zzzzam then

Rovers are MY Club!!!

The Rao's are the current custodians of a rich heritage which through ignorance, stupidity or desire have decimated.

Now be a good lad and @#/? off and tell that to your paymasters in Pune.

False. Rovers are the club that we all support. As far as I know (and unless you can prove otherwise) you have no ownership/majority shares and so we are all merely stakeholders within BRFC's micro-environment. You might suggest we are 'advocates', but twist it whichever way you want, we are ultimately customers.

Your post quite frankly is nonsense, as opposed to Booyaka Sha actually attempting to debate a point that is quite prominent in most BRFC related discussion. Can and will the Rao's continue to fund the club for the foreseeable future.

There isn't an easy solution to this mess and as far as I can tell there is no 'white knight billionaire' to save us on the horizon. Therefore we must consider the options. Allow Venkys to continue funding the club and HOPE that we can win promotion back to the honey pot of the PL; or tantrum, cry Venkyscum out, and end up co-sharing the Anchor ground. Which would you prefer?

The Raos' have made mistakes, there is no debating that. I believe they were well and truly taken in by that scum agent and his little puppet, and since then lurched from one disaster to another until they stumbled across the man that has spent 12months restoring a degree of pride to this club (a man that many people are still hounding out of the club despite a promising season of rebuilding and re-invigoration to the worst BRFC squad I have ever seen).

This is a waiting game and pretty much nobody on this messageboard has a clue what the Venkys are thinking. IMO our only hope now is that they can continue to fund us and hope we reach the PL in the next two years. That might then restore some of the foundations that they so crassly ripped out over the past 3 years.

Archived