BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] The Rao's

Sometimes , when I read this MB, I wonder about all the anger that must have spilled out against perceived French collaborators in 1945!!

Reminds me...... I once got banned for simply suggesting someone should be 'tarred and feathered'. :glare:

I pointed out that it wasn't swearing and didn't transgress any rulesand that it was just a figure of speech but it didn't seem to matter to said 'member' I was still banned.

...... In hindsight I'd have hung drawn and quartered the fecker! :tu:

• Replies 972
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The other side of the coin maybe but certainly more preferable. Jack Walker always said a club must be run as a business. Blackpool were in a dreadful state when Oyston moved in. Low gates, little interest from the citizens and forever alternating between the bottom divisions, with an absolute shed of a ground that was closed by the Lancs Safety Officer if there was a stiff breeze or snow forecast. A new ground and Prem football delivered but apparently that has all been forgotten by the fans of that club. Some people cannot take on board the fact that 'Money is only spent once' At least Blackpool will still be around when we may not.

You need to talk to some Blackpool fans to get a true sense of the ill-feeling towards the Oystons - you possibly need to dig a little deeper into the story to understand why they have such anomosity towards their owners.

Unfortunately you seem to have fallen into the same trap that many journalists did when having a go at Rovers fans for daring to question our new owners or Steve Kean.

Reminds me...... I once got banned for simply suggesting someone should be 'tarred and feathered'. :glare:

I pointed out that it wasn't swearing and didn't transgress any rulesand that it was just a figure of speech but it didn't seem to matter to said 'member' I was still banned.

...... In hindsight I'd have hung drawn and quartered the fecker! :tu:

Haha.

" ....Mais J'ai tant d'amis."

You need to talk to some Blackpool fans to get a true sense of the ill-feeling towards the Oystons - you possibly need to dig a little deeper into the story to understand why they have such anomosity towards their owners.

Unfortunately you seem to have fallen into the same trap that many journalists did when having a go at Rovers fans for daring to question our new owners or Steve Kean.

1999/2000 Karl Oyston

"Listen you tangerines I'm Chairman now and I'm going to fund this club and get it promoted through 2 divisions to the Barclays Premier League, I'm going to build you a new ground too, we've only a few thousand interested souls as it is and so I'm not going to charge a fortune in ticket prices to fund it. In return and if we do get to the land of milk and honey then I reserve the right to 'fill me boots . Is that a Yay or a nay?"

How would you have voted DMTP?

Oh btw you last sentence is just @#/?! The journalists were either wrong, agenda'd or in the pocket of the Fat Controller. I was a Rovers supporter of long standing aghast at what was going on down there from the off! Pity there weren't more like me! How about you? Were you on the protests? Were you stood shivering in sub zero temperatures outside the ground one Friday night? If you were then fair play.... if you weren't and just 'turned' after we were relegated then stfu!

Haha.

" ....Mais J'ai tant d'amis."

Je ne regret rien.

Rumour going round (Source: New York Rovers) That if we don't get promotion next year then Venky's will stop putting money into the club.

When did they start?

Rumour going round (Source: New York Rovers) That if we don't get promotion next year then Venky's will stop putting money into the club.

Some one call the CSA

That'll be because all the parachute will have been mortgaged and spent by then. Wonder if the B.O.I will do a land grab :huh:

It was going to be this summer that venkys were going to decide whether to walk away.

Now it is next summer.

Same noise to keep rovers fans worrying.

I hope not but somewhere down the line you might get a shock, without promotion of course.

I hope not but somewhere down the line you might get a shock, without promotion of course.

Don't get me wrong - I realise we are in an unsustainable financial position.

Just think rovers fans deserve to enjoy a season. I am looking forward to getting my season ticket and plan to enjoy us having a go this season.

Balaji Rao, whole-time director of Venky's (India) Limited, and three others were booked by the Chatushrungi police on Thursday night after the food and beverages manager of the company lodged a police complaint that he was hit by them with an iron rod and administered electric shocks.

I think this is the first time I've cheered police violence.

Don't get me wrong - I realise we are in an unsustainable financial position.

Just think rovers fans deserve to enjoy a season. I am looking forward to getting my season ticket and plan to enjoy us having a go this season.

Me too, I've said for a while that I think it would be the end of next season when the walls come tumbling in failing promotion. Think they'll throw everything into next season and rightly so. Don't blame you for being sceptical about the impending doom as we've heard it before but something will have to give in the end. As long as GB and the team give it 100% from the off next season and the crackpots give them maximum backing we have a chance.

Why do we bother....oh yes, we are passionate supporters. We go round in circles with the idiots.

They have bought a PL team, with CL promises.

They have bought a dream created by greedy self obsessed agents.

They have failed miserably to manage in any way shape or form what they acquired.

They fail in every way possible to communicate with the supporters, town, press,people that matter.

They have no proper management structure.

They hire an Evertonian to do what?

They have failed at every given opportunity.

Can they possibly comment on their baby? I'm hibernating till they do.

I bother!

Me too, I've said for a while that I think it would be the end of next season when the walls come tumbling in failing promotion. Think they'll throw everything into next season and rightly so. Don't blame you for being sceptical about the impending doom as we've heard it before but something will have to give in the end. As long as GB and the team give it 100% from the off next season and the crackpots give them maximum backing we have a chance.

Providing that we see the season out / don't get deducted 10 points etc.

?

Don't think he's read it right Yoda.

Oh God, don't make us the source of that.

I was just pooling together ruumors currently making their way around Twitter etc at the moment and based on unsubstaniated things I've heard here and there. I thought I'd post them as they may be of interest to people in the same way a 'wrestling dirtsheet' is interesting. There may be something in it...but it may be pure turd.

I think that will be the last time I do that!

A 5 year fraud in their marketing department....fingers on the pulse in India too then I see.

What I would like to know, is how was Shelfy working in India like that?

Archived