BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] The Rao's

Backing / mastercard is not the same as paying them though.

Agreed but it's all the same to the restaurant owner. The players and bills still get paid. Providing you pay back the minimum payment each month they will leave you alone. It's when you can no longer afford that minimum payment that the real trouble starts. At the moment Venkys are doing that. I'm not sure who else would be stupid enough to run a club, with our debt, on that basis. It's PL or bust (under Venkys watch) I'm afraid.

• Replies 972
  • Created
  • Last Reply
An interesting report on the finances in British football from Deloitte. What is particularly interesting is this one paragraph from the report regarding wages earnings ratios in the championship.

"The average wages/revenue ratio for Championship

clubs was 89% and has been between 87% and 90%

for five seasons. 17 Championship clubs reported a

wages/revenue ratio above 70%, including nine clubs

for which the ratio exceeded 100%. So, these nine

clubs spent more on wages than they earned in

revenue in the season."

The full report is here

As you can see there are 9 clubs in the championship that pay more than 100% of earnings on wages. We are not the only club that are living on the edge.

An interesting report on the finances in British football from Deloitte. What is particularly interesting is this one paragraph from the report regarding wages earnings ratios in the championship.
"The average wages/revenue ratio for Championship
clubs was 89% and has been between 87% and 90%
for five seasons. 17 Championship clubs reported a
wages/revenue ratio above 70%, including nine clubs
for which the ratio exceeded 100%. So, these nine
clubs spent more on wages than they earned in
revenue in the season."
The full report is here
As you can see there are 9 clubs in the championship that pay more than 100% of earnings on wages. We are not the only club that are living on the edge.

From best run club in the country and heralded as a model for all to follow, to that?

It's like being grateful to the man who robbed your home, money and life because he gave you a cardboard box to sleep in.

From best run club in the country and heralded as a model for all to follow, to that?

It's like being grateful to the man who robbed your home, money and life because he gave you a cardboard box to sleep in.

Correct, to many of our supporters have Stockholm syndrome

I'm glad a lot of supported wernt around for the 2nd world war because we would all be speaking German now .

Zu viele Menschen, die im Elend zu suhlen anstatt sich auf und unterstützt den Verein voll. :P

I have no idea what the troll has said . Nor do I care .

If he thinks our predicament is a joke then that speaks volumes .

Before you get your knickers in a twist Abbey the translation is..."Too many people that wallow in misery instead of moving on and supporting the club fully" Can`t see how that is being a troll.

Before you get your knickers in a twist Abbey the translation is..."Too many people that wallow in misery instead of moving on and supporting the club fully" Can`t see how that is being a troll.

Is that not Stockholm syndrome?

'Several' my arse!

The debts are approx 70m. Our total current income might just service the interest on that debt but will never repay it. So

1. what does the new owner do if that debt is called in?

2. How are any wages paid?

3. How are any operating costs met?

If the venkymob gave you BRFC lock stock and barrel for your birthday would you take it? If as I expect the answer is no then why on earth should anybody else?

You seem to be the chief scaremonger on this thread when not to long ago you couldn't stand the owners? Have they bought your loyalty Gordon?

We don't actually need several interested parties, we only need 1, and I believe we already have 1 that's willing to take on the mantle and that's good enough for me.

whatever it takes to get rid of these idiots from Pune I'm all for it, time will tell.

I still don't see why the fans cannot still be 100% fully behind the club AND not happy with the ownership etc.

I personally have an opinion that the only thing keeping us from being hocked to the biggest bid is an element of bruised pride. Is it a cultural aspect of Indian business? I certainly couldn't tell you that, but it also makes no sense for them to carry on letting debt build on their assets and paying minimum fee.

I know I'm in dangerous water here (with Abs posting on the thread....) but your stance on the Raos has to be impacted by whether you believe they were complicit in the scheme from day one or hoodwinked by "advisors"!

Obviously, anger must still be felt for them seriously damaging the last 25 years of building whether they meant it or not. Idiotic actions deserve answers still.

I for one will not let there presence or lack of, impact my support and love for the club. I arrived before and I will be still here after they've left. Even if that is stood on Pleasington. How apt that most of my older family was laid to rest up that road.

I still don't see why the fans cannot still be 100% fully behind the club AND not happy with the ownership etc.

I personally have an opinion that the only thing keeping us from being hocked to the biggest bid is an element of bruised pride. Is it a cultural aspect of Indian business? I certainly couldn't tell you that, but it also makes no sense for them to carry on letting debt build on their assets and paying minimum fee.

I know I'm in dangerous water here (with Abs posting on the thread....) but your stance on the Raos has to be impacted by whether you believe they were complicit in the scheme from day one or hoodwinked by "advisors"!

Obviously, anger must still be felt for them seriously damaging the last 25 years of building whether they meant it or not. Idiotic actions deserve answers still.

I for one will not let there presence or lack of, impact my support and love for the club. I arrived before and I will be still here after they've left. Even if that is stood on Pleasington. How apt that most of my older family was laid to rest up that road.

Now your getting warm,

It was suggested at the time of the takeover that it would be a problem, and ridiculed as far fetched by some!

From my perspective there can be no moving on until someone puts this club back to where it was before the three stooges turned up.

Until then there's no moving on, just a choice to ignore the very real problems facing the club. Just because they're not making public blunders any more doesn't mean that our current position is sustainable long-term

From my perspective there can be no moving on until someone puts this club back to where it was before the three stooges turned up.

Until then there's no moving on, just a choice to ignore the very real problems facing the club. Just because they're not making public blunders any more doesn't mean that our current position is sustainable long-term

And when did you last grace Ewood Park with your presence?

No I don't think it is.

You've whinged about sniping on here yet it now appears you're doing some of your own

You are one of the gobbiest negative whingers on here, but then this is your only window onto the club. How can you have such a belittling manner to people who have a different view, when you've never even been here in 5 or 10 years? How do you know what people are saying down the local?

Strange comments. Sorry if you feel I belittle people on here. My comment was in regard to the financial situation at Rovers. Not quite sure how sinking a pint in the bb2 area is going to make me see the light. Sorry.

I've not been commenting too much of late, there's people who post a lot more than me.

If I upset you so badly I can only recommend you put me on ignore. Certainly what you've said in no way has made me reflect on what I post

Archived