Hereford United

Lincoln City

Luton Town

Newport County

Rushden & Diamonds

Stockport County

Wrexham

...all stand as cautionary tales.

Not all of these were liquidated or defunct but all have fallen out of the Football League, and I'm not sure Pompey are out of the woods yet.

Without Jack's money we would likely have become a third tier club. Why would we be any better positioned than say Luton Town or Grimsby Town, for example? Why do people think we would be immune? Because of Middlesborough or Leeds United? Or even Man City? We do not have the fanbases, or loyalty of those clubs to see us through the bad times.

Without Jack Walker, and now without Venkys, we would be Accrington Stanley 1962, and it took them 6 years to get a club back to the Football League.

And before Stockholm Syndrome there used to be another expression: Better The Devil You Know.

That's a daft post Stuart, I'm surprised at you. You've simply posted a list of clubs who've been relegated from the League. How many of those have been bankrupted by creditors? None?

You've wasted an evening on the computer there or your boss's time!

• Replies 972
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Bloody Nora !

Wait well the British press get hold of this, someone should ask 'Everton Al' if he knows anything about it.

That's a daft post Stuart, I'm surprised at you. You've simply posted a list of clubs who've been relegated from the League. How many of those have been bankrupted by creditors? None?

You've wasted an evening on the computer there or your boss's time!

Tell you what, pal. Go and check yourself how many of them. Because if that's the kind of response you offer to a bit of research, then why should I bother?

Hissy fit all you like "pal" but there's no point in "research" that has bugger all to do with the issue, which is not how often a club loses it's League status but which clubs have been forced to bankruptcy?

You've purported to answer that and you have not even addressed it.

If you substitute "shetti" with "shelfie" - it becomes quite amusing.

ha ha, and just add the line " and in the next room Everton was feeding grapes to madame Desai and said that "they heard nothing"

Interesting story and if Balaji was not there as he said what was he doing in London on the 9th of April wonder if he went to visit his buddy in Barnet, didn't stay on for the Sheff W match on the Saturday did he?

I've said it all along, armed, team of bodyguards, moves in all sorts of celebrity circles, mates with undesirables = dodgy as fook :rock:

How many won the premier league ? Worthington cup ? Played in Europe ? Had nNy a season in top flight over the pSt 20 odd years and then got shafted by retarded clueless imbeciles ?

Portsmouth for one and apart from the successes the lower divisions are littered with casualties of bad owners. Forest, Coventry, LUFC, Sheff Wed, Leicester, Soton, WHU, Brum etc and not forgetting Liverpool and Man Utd! And rest assured the week Abromovich and the Quatari's lose interest in Chelsea and City those clubs will close the doors the week after unless more dodgepot foreigners can be unearthed from flaky foreign backgrounds. Portsmouth and ourselves might be the worst but we are definitely not alone.

Correct, to many of our supporters have Stockholm syndrome

Currently an over used silly a repetative statement on here.

Yoda you might be right but even if that is correct it's a condition and not an illness you know. Which do you think is worst to suffer Stockholm Syndrome / Manic Depression / Suicidal tendency? Cos we've all three on here.

You seem to be the chief scaremonger on this thread when not to long ago you couldn't stand the owners? Have they bought your loyalty Gordon?

Nope.... the loss of 50m pa has forced reallity upon me and sharpened my intellect Gav. You and the supporters of your post need to try it. Either that or win the lottery. Keep buying your weekly ticket and best of luck guys. :tu:

From my perspective there can be no moving on until someone puts this club back to where it was before the three stooges turned up.

Until then there's no moving on, just a choice to ignore the very real problems facing the club. Just because they're not making public blunders any more doesn't mean that our current position is sustainable long-term

let me see.... John Lewis..... Jack Walker....... just another 100 years or so to wait for the next rich benefactor Bryan. :tu:

Is that in any way relevany to what I am saying?

No it isn't. Jack Walker lived south of you and couldn't be here every match either. Tell you what is though............... How much money do you put into the club every year Bryan?

Try a laughing Emoticon for those of us slow on the uptake :)

And I meant Fat boy sounded cowardly not you.

Was typing on the iPad so no emoticons! :(

Portsmouth for one and apart from the successes the lower divisions are littered with casualties of bad owners. Forest, Coventry, LUFC, Sheff Wed, Leicester, Soton, WHU, Brum etc and not forgetting Liverpool and Man Utd! And rest assured the week Abromovich and the Quatari's lose interest in Chelsea and City those clubs will close the doors the week after unless more dodgepot foreigners can be unearthed from flaky foreign backgrounds. Portsmouth and ourselves might be the worst but we are definitely not alone.

You heard it on here first. Thenodrog predicts death of Chelsea and ManCity! I'd like to see that!

Hissy fit all you like "pal" but there's no point in "research" that has bugger all to do with the issue, which is not how often a club loses it's League status but which clubs have been forced to bankruptcy?

You've purported to answer that and you have not even addressed it.

I must admit your post did nark me - mainly because you are someone who's opinion I respect.

Despite there being teams within the list who have been liquidated and/or made defunct, your response does not encourage me to do any further trawling on your behalf.

It seems to me that we have a different basis for our assumptions of what would happen in the event Venkys walked away. Yours seems rooted in history (other teams have been okay), mine in mathematics (future income vs future expenditure vs local populous).

I will call a truce though and ask, on what do you base your theory that we would not go to the wall, given our pitiful fanbase and mountainous debt? We may be able to get a decent administrator to do some deals with players to pay off their wages and other debts, over some years, but who is going to rally round, or even step up, to pay for the running costs of Rovers as a mid-to-lower level Championship team?

Pompey, a club which won the FA Cup and played in the PL under 6 years ago, had an average attendances this season of 15,461 (3 times that of other League Two teams). Rovers average attendance (Championship) this season was 14,962.

Do you really think we are going to have similar resources to draw upon and avoid going bust? The prospect is frightening.

You heard it on here first. Thenodrog predicts death of Chelsea and ManCity! I'd like to see that!

Chelsea were a midges off going into admin with debts of 120m in 2003. Only Spurs refusing Abromovitch's approaches saved em from that. City were in the financial sh1t too until Gary Cooke unearthed that Sheik Mansour who they all suck up to now. Whats happened to your memory banks?

No it isn't. Jack Walker lived south of you and couldn't be here every match either. Tell you what is though............... How much money do you put into the club every year Bryan?

Not enough to make an ounce of difference. And yourself?

I remember attendances of 3000 or so in the Third Division when the manager had to bring his own teabags to work. We didn't die then and we won't die in the future. too much history steeped into generation after generation for that.

I have no fear about us going bust unless the Raos just close us down out of vindictiveness.---anything is possible with them. Even then something new would arise from the ashes.

I never asked you to do any trawling in the first place! You trawled manfully but wastefully in answer to a rhetorical question I put to Theno which he wisely hasn't answered, namely how many League clubs have been forced into bankruptcy in the last 100 years? Answer, without research, it virtually never happens.

Who's going to save Rovers? I have the same answer to that as I do to "Who would be willing to come here as manager?". I don't know. I just know we have never been without one and we will never be without one.

I hope the answer will be a combination of the Rovers Trust and those who love Rovers as much as I do but have more dosh. There are prominent Rovers fans, I'm sure they know others.

I am not frightened of the future, just the present.

Chelsea were a midges off going into admin with debts of 120m in 2003. Only Spurs refusing Abromovitch's approaches saved em from that. City were in the financial sh1t too until Gary Cooke unearthed that Sheik Mansour who they all suck up to now. Whats happened to your memory banks?

Nothing. It didn't happen.

Not enough to make an ounce of difference. And yourself?

Same and same as everybody else around here. One would need untold millions to make a difference to footballs madhouse these days. Unfortunately only one lot with even a passing interest have that much it seems. The best hope that I have is that when the Rao's blunder off the scene and leave the club in admin or worse is that someone has the wherewithall to but the club at a knock down, basement price (once all the creditors have lost their money) from the Receiver. Why someone would want to do it I cannot begin to guess. Club owners go from hero to zero as soon as a few bad results follow one another.

Nothing. It didn't happen.

Just like the holocaust then I take it?

Just like the holocaust then I take it?

What's this strange obsession you have with holocaust denial? Not the first time you've used it in a football-related discussion.

Same and same as everybody else around here. One would need untold millions to make a difference to footballs madhouse these days. Unfortunately only one lot with even a passing interest have that much it seems. The best hope that I have is that when the Rao's blunder off the scene and leave the club in admin or worse is that someone has the wherewithall to but the club at a knock down, basement price (once all the creditors have lost their money) from the Receiver. Why someone would want to do it I cannot begin to guess. Club owners go from hero to zero as soon as a few bad results follow one another.

Yes, I do fully agree.

The club in its current form is a busted flush. There's no way to de-escalate the financial situation in my view, except by way of promotion and continued cost-cutting. It's a choice between endagering the club further by spending more to get promotion, or accepting our fate and staying down. Seems to me the best thing is to gamble because if you fail then the end result is the same as you'd get by not gambling at all.

Failure to gain promotion will evntually result in admin, I cannot see how these losses can be sustained long-term. So yes, I would hope someone would see some potential in the wreckage, and start again with virtually no debt and no massive financial commitments to pay parasitic wasters for x number of years.

Archived