BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] The Rao's

• Replies 972
  • Created
  • Last Reply

You can just picture the agents' dilemma, whiskey in one hand, cigar in the other:

Now, which one do we put down to high five each other? :tu:

*maniacal laugh...*

Ten foreign owners, all promising their fans a top 5 slot. Something doesn't add up!

Dunno this bloke never heard of him in fact. I cant be bothered googling either. He might be rich and famous, he might easily be a billionaire, but a billionaire in what?

He said: "It will take a huge amount of money, possibly 10bn Thai Baht (£180m), to get there. That doesn't put us off." By my reckoning a billionaire in Thailand 'only' needs £18m.

Rem it's ST selling time again too.

Ten foreign owners, all promising their fans a top 5 slot. Something doesn't add up!

It's just got a lot harder for Lerner to sell Villa hasn't it?

Read this you Rao pillocks..........Cardiff get relegated and collect £62.1 million in TV cash:

http://www.bbc.com/sport/0/football/27411682

Whilst thanks to the Rao runts we are stuck on the platform trainspotting the PL gravy train.

And those idiots will not have a pencil and piece of paper with them.

Yeah and Palace got £73m for finishing 11th, to think Big Sam had us 10th the season before they trapped up.

Cardiff get relegated and collect £62.1 million in TV cash:

It should be a cakewalk to get straight back up with payments like that.

Are we entering a phase of the game were the three relegated clubs go back up the following season due to their enormous financial clout?

Therefore in effect a 'closed shop'.

We might never overhaul Bumley again.

Are we entering a phase of the game were the three relegated clubs go back up the following season due to their enormous financial clout?

Could well happen. The PL becoming 3 divisons in one, the usual suspects as the top 4 or 5 who also benefit from the Champions League gravy train, the rest and then a few who become more or less permanent yo-yo clubs too poor (playing wise) for the PL but too rich for the Championship.

Rovers need to get aboard the PL gravy train pretty damm soon before all the tickets have gone.

Could well happen. The PL becoming 3 divisons in one, the usual suspects as the top 4 or 5 who also benefit from the Champions League gravy train, the rest and then a few who become more or less permanent yo-yo clubs too poor (playing wise) for the PL but too rich for the Championship.

Rovers need to get aboard the PL gravy train pretty damm soon before all the tickets have gone.

Love your signature ARA. What a game to start with! Anyone there that day would have become a fan for life.

More posters should put these things in their sigs. Fascinating and brings back fantastic memories.

Read this you Rao pillocks..........Cardiff get relegated and collect £62.1 million in TV cash:

http://www.bbc.com/sport/0/football/27411682

Whilst thanks to the Rao runts we are stuck on the platform trainspotting the PL gravy train.

And those idiots will not have a pencil and piece of paper with them.

AAGGH! But they /we knew all this when they started their silly antics!!!

Stupid, kamikaze, keystone cop, clownish buffoons with arrogance. See what you have thrown away...

It all goes back to the ridiculous decision to get rid of Big Sam and John Williams and replace them with Steve Kean and his agent. You can clearly see how much that has cost the club now.

Yet we still don't see signs of regret or acceptance of any blame from the owners.

maybe they are intentionally making the championship uninteresting and curtail its growth

Documents released by Companies House this week indicate that Venky's London Limited issued shares which were bought for £1 each by Venky's so in effect they have pumped £21 million into the company. VLL have no other significant business interests in the UK so the assumption is that this money will be used to fund Rovers, they did the same in February 2013 with a £24 million share issue. So it looks like this will be used to satisfy auditors that they have the ability to fund the club.

Documents released by Companies House this week indicate that Venky's London Limited issued shares which were bought for £1 each by Venky's so in effect they have pumped £21 million into the company. VLL have no other significant business interests in the UK so the assumption is that this money will be used to fund Rovers, they did the same in February 2013 with a £24 million share issue. So it looks like this will be used to satisfy auditors that they have the ability to fund the club.

So effectively they have found a way round administration by share trading. Invested 44m since the beginning of last year- in return they own shares in the holding company that owns us. In effect though, is this fraud? How could I buy shares in a company I already own?

I'm no financial expert- but surely this proves that the Rao's (for the time being) are prepared to cover losses whilst we get inline with FFP. Will they be prepared to pay fines or court costs? Does investment from holding company to club count as general investment?

Lots of questions, not many answers!

So effectively they have found a way round administration by share trading. Invested 44m since the beginning of last year- in return they own shares in the holding company that owns us. In effect though, is this fraud? How could I buy shares in a company I already own?

I'm no financial expert- but surely this proves that the Rao's (for the time being) are prepared to cover losses whilst we get inline with FFP. Will they be prepared to pay fines or court costs? Does investment from holding company to club count as general investment?

Lots of questions, not many answers!

JW did the same kind of action when he increased the capital years ago, same thing happened at Bolton and will probably be done again. The holding company has increased it's share allocation (capital value) for VLL and the venky's bought the new shares, nothing fraudulent about it. I may be wrong but that is also a barrier to the club being liable for the debt!

JW did the same kind of action when he increased the capital years ago, same thing happened at Bolton and will probably be done again. The holding company has increased it's share allocation (capital value) for VLL and the venky's bought the new shares, nothing fraudulent about it. I may be wrong but that is also a barrier to the club being liable for the debt!

Not my understanding unfortunately. The Rao's invest money in Venky's London Ltd. Venkys London Ltd then lend that money to Blackburn Rovers plc. BRFC still owes this money to VLL who can ask for repayment when they are bored/have had enough/ want to buy some chickens etc. If BRFC can not afford to repay then club could be put into Administration/Liquidation to raise as much of the debt for repayment as possible. What we need is for VLL to convert the loans into shares in BRFC so that it is no longer repayable. This is effectively what Jack did. He lent cash over the years but then converted the whole lot into shares so it would no longer need to be paid back - c£100m if I remember correctly.

Not my understanding unfortunately. The Rao's invest money in Venky's London Ltd. Venkys London Ltd then lend that money to Blackburn Rovers plc. BRFC still owes this money to VLL who can ask for repayment when they are bored/have had enough/ want to buy some chickens etc. If BRFC can not afford to repay then club could be put into Administration/Liquidation to raise as much of the debt for repayment as possible. What we need is for VLL to convert the loans into shares in BRFC so that it is no longer repayable. This is effectively what Jack did. He lent cash over the years but then converted the whole lot into shares so it would no longer need to be paid back - c£100m if I remember correctly.

I thought the accounts showed that the debt of the "club" was not secured against the club.

So someone tell me where the Fair play rules are here, effectively stopping clubs like ours from progressing to the PL, i am sure some legal whizz kid could pick holes all over the fair play rules, come on where are you, (Delia pun)

So Kamy lets us all know the Rao's are putting up again, at least that's a good thing is it not, and he we are again someone has to look on the @#/? side and its- liquidation and the end. I know you have to put views across of impending doom so no beef there, but hey why not say something like -- fair play putting up the cash again for another go. ahh too optimistic me.

I thought the accounts showed that the debt of the "club" was not secured against the club.

Have you ever hear of a charging order? if you haven't look it up. I work in financial Services and effectively if some owns a house with equity, has unsecured debts that spiral out of control, a charging order effectively turns the unsecured debt into a secured debt. Assuming the creditors then wanted to force the issue to get their money back, they can fore the sale of the house the funds were secured on, to ensure repayment. This normally happens with an individual, who has a house that his debts are secured against.

Have you ever hear of a charging order? if you haven't look it up. I work in financial Services and effectively if some owns a house with equity, has unsecured debts that spiral out of control, a charging order effectively turns the unsecured debt into a secured debt. Assuming the creditors then wanted to force the issue to get their money back, they can fore the sale of the house the funds were secured on, to ensure repayment. This normally happens with an individual, who has a house that his debts are secured against.

Is it a charging order?

we are talking about LTD companies and PLC's

I thought the accounts showed the debt not secured against the club.

The debt isnt levied against the club.

But thats not to say that the money invested by Venkys London ltd by Venkys india isnt borrowed. Its also worthwhile pointing out that until the day the sell us any debt they have in UK, India or elsewhere couldnt be levied back against the club.

Does it also show we lost as much last season as the year previously, despite us cutting the wage bill?

Archived