BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] The Rao's

Wasn't sure which thread to put this in but for me the following shows how ridiculous financial fair play is. It is from sky sports:-

"Nottingham Forest have announced losses of £17.1million for the last financial year, meaning the club could struggle to adhere to Financial Fair Play rules this season. When asked about the club's financial situation recently, Reds chairman Fawaz Al Hasawi said that the issue would be addressed in the form of sponsorship deals from several companies in his homeland of Kuwait."

The richest clubs won't bother trying to beat FFP in the courts, they will just buy their way out.

Lets hope Venkys have something similar lined up for us or its up that certain creek without a paddle

• Replies 972
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If talk of Rhodes' new contract is true, they obviously think they have something up their sleeve, but....

Possibly a benefit of actually being in charge of the club you own? Think they said a while ago judge us in 12 months , by my reckoning they haven't been running it that long yet :)

Possibly a benefit of actually being in charge of the club you own? Think they said a while ago judge us in 12 months , by my reckoning they haven't been running it that long yet :)

I tend to agree with you about the ownership thing. Did you also think that last years internal conflict reflected staff who were actually employed by separate owners?

Possible not separate "owners" but maybe somebody owned the club and somebody else was running it?, because according to FA rules certain people can not own clubs or officially be involved in running them. Done correctly a win win for all concerned including the FA, but as the saying goes there's no honour amongst thieves especially where large amounts of cash are concerned especially if it starts attracting attention because of one big mistake.

All hypothetical of course

Possible not separate "owners" but maybe somebody owned the club and somebody else was running it?, because according to FA rules certain people can not own clubs or officially be involved in running them. Done correctly a win win for all concerned including the FA, but as the saying goes there's no honour amongst thieves especially where large amounts of cash are concerned especially if it starts attracting attention because of one big mistake.

All hypothetical of course

Well there are definitely unusual bodies buried...a bit like Roswell, I guess, in that some bodies were never supposed to exist.

Meant to ask. I was comfortably assuming this was a ( very apt)Somme metaphor... But is there another date/deadline I should know about?

Until your post, I thought I knew about March and April/May dates re administration and Venky's review etc. I have to admit that my grassy knoll leanings caused me to worry about the timing of the appearance of the new director of communications...i.e. to handle a very bad news day etc. But I don't know what to think anymore....

Metaphorically speaking Leonard, nothing more.

Oh yes, I had forgotten about Billy...played by that weird looking Brad Dourif, but now we really digress.

Billy bibbit, just to prove he was on another planet, he got a gig on Star Trek :)

• 3 weeks later...

If the Rao's have a row it would be a Rao row.

If the row was about 4 man sculls it would be a Rao row row.

If they had consecutive such rows it would be a row of Rao row rows.

By the way are the Rao's going to Millwall, they like a row.

No is the answer.

Guest Norbert

Words fail me. If that guy knew someone who was violently gang raped, he would probably tell the person to stop going on about it and use the experience to encourage them to be a better person!

Archived