BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Simon Eastwood signs a new contract

Nothing major Chaddy ... Do tell me what he has done that warrents a bigger contract . Be honest take your brainwashed rovers goggles off just for one post.

as per normal you Abbey take off the hate Venkys goggles and quit the constant conplaining mode from you.

you dont know whether he been given a pay rise or just an extra year with a bigger bouns add ons if he plays and keep clean sheets.

This fella cost us as much as it cost Burnley to acquire Tom Heaton.

Just let that sink in for a while...

How many has Tom Heaton dropped and miss kicked ?

Eastwood deal has ONLY been extended by a year. nothing major.

I think Robbo will leave in the summer tbh if we dont go up. shame really been a good keeper for us.

This would represent a significant drop in playing standards at Ewood Park next year if it was to happen.

Who do you really support Chaddy ?

as per normal you Abbey take off the hate Venkys goggles and quit the constant conplaining mode from you.

you dont know whether he been given a pay rise or just an extra year with a bigger bouns add ons if he plays and keep clean sheets.

ok then what's he done to deserve an extra year ?

chaddy answer my question fella....what's he done to deserve an extended contract?

Performance at QPR was that of a championship goalkeeper. Few mistakes otherwise, but still very young in keeper terms. Cannot be expensive due to the way we have to cut our cloth. I don't see why it is a big deal either way.

If it was Leon or Dixon getting an extension, that would be worth getting "sand in your vagina" about.

chaddy answer my question fella....what's he done to deserve an extended contract?

Not Chaddy but in short he has has gone from 3rd choice to 2nd choice (we may disagree on the merits of that but i would suspect his contract had a clause somewhere requiring renegotiation or a stipulated extension/increase)

When does Robinson's contract run out?

EDIT: According to the transfermarkt.com website Robinson's contract is up in June this year, so looks like It;s going to be Kean and Eastwood from next season onwards , hence Eastwood's new contract to go beyond any possible transfer embargo's., Can't really see Robinson getting a new contract if the cost cutting continues

Blimey if we think Kean and Eastwood are of the standard needed for a competitive championship team then we're really up the creak without a paddle.

Hoping it's solely because we've had to, due to him having more involvement than expected. Otherwise, it's a worrying trend, as he is nowhere near the standard needed. Look at the signings of Gestede, Cairney, heck Kilgallon and Conway - and the standard they've performed to. This is the ambition (the former 2) and the requirement (the latter 2) for our signings, and Eastwood is nowhere near these levels.

We've had clean sheets lately because neither Kean nor Eastwood have been playing. If we were to let Robinson go and start the season reliant on those two we might as well not bother.

As daft as expecting 2 centre-halves to last out the season without injury/suspension. So much for Venkys learning some common sense at last. We might get stability but it will be in this division or lower.

Reading this thread, it's clear that some fans are desperate to see some good in every mediocre element of the club. Devil's advocate cheerleaders will see this club into the third tier.

There are plenty of things to thank Bowyer for, signing Eastwood is not one of them. He is not good enough to be a championship no.2 and has got the role by default rather than earning it. Kean must have had a serious crisis of confidence to fade so badly after so long as first choice.

They way I see it, promotion is the only way we are going to see a better keep than Keanstwood. Which is why I am so frustrated by the seeming lack of ambition by Bowyer in matches, and by the seeming lack of ambition by the club in keeping it that way.

Ok, Bowyer does not seem to have money to spend on 'cover' in key areas, yet he was able to bring in Dabo and Varney. Makes me wonder if losing Marshall and 'needing' to bring in Conway impacted plans, or if someone else was doing these deals.

All that said, I reckon any of our players could go straight into the first team under Dyche...

...except Eastwood.

Ok, Bowyer does not seem to have money to spend on 'cover' in key areas, yet he was able to bring in Dabo and Vaughan. Makes me wonder if losing Marshall and 'needing' to bring in Conway impacted plans, or if someone else was doing these deals.

All that said, I reckon any of our players could go straight into the first team under Dyche...

...except Eastwood.

Who is Vaughan? Have we signed someone last night?

Archived