BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Simon Eastwood signs a new contract

Very strange. His original deal didn't end until next year and I don't imagine we're fighting off teams with a pointy stick to keep him here. He's a below-par lower league keeper and I think we could easily improve on him as a deputy for Robinson or whoever ends up being future no. 1.

• Backroom

At 24 Eastwood is not a young player anymore and I'm not sure he's done much to earn a contract extension.

That said, keepers can play well into their late 30's so Eastwood still has some time to improve. He needs at least two seasons at lower division clubs to hone his trade before being giving another go between the sticks here, imo.

When does Robinson's contract run out?

EDIT: According to the transfermarkt.com website Robinson's contract is up in June this year, so looks like It;s going to be Kean and Eastwood from next season onwards , hence Eastwood's new contract to go beyond any possible transfer embargo's., Can't really see Robinson getting a new contract if the cost cutting continues

He hasn't proved himself an adequate back up keeper though has he. If Robbo hadn't been fit to come back we'd have had to throw Kean back in or get a loan in because Eastwood was poor. He'll be cheap that's why he ended up here and Robbo will depart in the summer, all the high earners will let's not pretend. As said it's a sign of things to come. Hopefully the lad will get better as he's young for a keeper and not vastly experienced at any first team level but for me he needs loaning out to play everyweek even at lower level. He won't get better sat on the bench :( This lad has Darren Collier written all over him.

He hasn't proved himself an adequate back up keeper though has he. If Robbo hadn't been fit to come back we'd have had to throw Kean back in or get a loan in because Eastwood was poor. He'll be cheap that's why he ended up here and Robbo will depart in the summer, all the high earners will let's not pretend. As said it's a sign of things to come. Hopefully the lad will get better as he's young for a keeper and not vastly experienced at any first team level but for me he needs loaning out to play everyweek even at lower level. He won't get better sat on the bench :(This lad has Darren Collier written all over him.

OMG..I had forgotten about him...so thanks for reminding me! What is the opposite of filling defenders and crowd with confidence?

Shows that the club isn't learning lessons. Why give someone a longer contract, presumably on more money, when there is no need to?

It is possible that his previous contract stipulated it based on appearances, sub appearances etc.

Stuart - if robbo is willing to stay for 25k/week do you let him go and spend that anyway on another keeper (say 500k fee, 10k week and signing "bonus") or keep him?

Archived