BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Open Letter From Venky's

Considering that Portsmouth are still paying a lot of players from their PL days I'd say that if similar happened to us, we'd be doing similar again......

Portsmouth do not present a business model that I would be hoping to follow, K-Hod.

Shaun and Abbey might, but I doubt many of our loyal fanbase would be trawling around league 2 or lower should the worst happen.

• Replies 277
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Moderation Lead

Portsmouth do not present a business model that I would be hoping to follow, K-Hod.

Shaun and Abbey might, but I doubt many of our loyal fanbase would be trawling around league 2 or lower should the worst happen.

They don't, but I think that's how we'll likely end up.....

Come in to some money, Shaun?

Question: When Venky's do 'pay up what they owe and beggar off', what happens when Jordan Rhodes knocks on the door on Monday morning demanding why his £50,000 hasn't gone in to his bank account? Closely followed by Leon Best demanding £35,000, with Robinson stood just behing him expecting £30,000....

Football supporters eh, you've got to love them :rover:

God bless the ones with head in sand .

What would be your plan?

God bless the ones with head in sand .

What would be your plan?

Head in sand :lol: I've just given a perfectly valid reason as to how it would be a travesty to lose the Rao's financial backing, most likely resulting in us resembling Wimbledon of the late 90's, or more recently Parma who have just closed their gates for the last time. If you're happy for that to happen and start supporting some new revolution then go ahead; personally I would rather try to preserve this great football club for as long as possible.

What would be my plan? Premier League football - it's all that can save the Blackburn Rovers that we currently know. As I said, if you want to obliterate any hope of that happening within the next 25 years then you carry on with your campaign to remove Venkys.

What would be my plan? Premier League football - it's all that can save the Blackburn Rovers that we currently know. .

Premier league football while run by Venkys? Not much of a plan is it?!!

Head in sand :lol: I've just given a perfectly valid reason as to how it would be a travesty to lose the Rao's financial backing, most likely resulting in us resembling Wimbledon of the late 90's, or more recently Parma who have just closed their gates for the last time. If you're happy for that to happen and start supporting some new revolution then go ahead; personally I would rather try to preserve this great football club for as long as possible.

What would be my plan? Premier League football - it's all that can save the Blackburn Rovers that we currently know. As I said, if you want to obliterate any hope of that happening within the next 25 years then you carry on with your campaign to remove Venkys.

Jimmy if you read the championship debts thread a certain more financial astute poster gives an insight into the debts and finances and you will see the Rao's aren't financing Rovers they are shrewd in how borrowing is structured..

Basically BRFC are screwed and the only way out is promotion unless the Rao's BIO rap up venkys London or the other external debt is called in by whoever then we really are up the creek without a paddle

Thats why it's so frustrating that this season has really been a season lost

How Does does premier league vision under Venkys happen?

So far it's 100m and transfer embargo. Summer will see the two scorers leave , leaving us weaker, others will go and next season will see us struggling in this division let alone challenging. Make no mistake oblivion will happen with venkys .they don't give a @#/? about us.

How Does does premier league vision under Venkys happen?

So far it's 100m and transfer embargo. Summer will see the two scorers leave , leaving us weaker, others will go and next season will see us struggling in this division let alone challenging. Make no mistake oblivion will happen with venkys .they don't give a @#/? about us.

So instead we cut our losses and start again regardless, thus fast tracking our way to oblivion? Perfect.

Premier league football while run by Venkys? Not much of a plan is it?!!

Got something better PLJPB? Not sure if you've noticed but there doesn't seem to be a plethora of potential owners does there? A championship team with embarassing attendance figures and very little catchment area to actually swell the fanbase and grow the football club. Hardly a Leeds or a Nottignham Forest are we?

I await your plan with great anticipation.....

So instead we cut our losses and start again regardless, thus fast tracking our way to oblivion? Perfect.

Got something better PLJPB? Not sure if you've noticed but there doesn't seem to be a plethora of potential owners does there? A championship team with embarassing attendance figures and very little catchment area to actually swell the fanbase and grow the football club. Hardly a Leeds or a Nottignham Forest are we?

So its agreed then that neither of us have a plan? With or without Venkys we are sunk - its just a question of how long before that happens. The one thing I truly believe is that in the long run things will get worse under Venkys and the slide will continue.

My preferred scenario would be administration then bought for a £1 from the administrators leaving behind all debts other than football related. I therefore want Venkys to stay only until all the stupid contracts are expired or paid up and then put us in Administration. The problem will be if they decide to liquidate us instead.

And besides premier league your plan would be ? With or without the scum dogs we are clucked.

Personally I think the owners have mentally written off the losses to date plus forecast for next year. The only hope of ever seeing more than a small fraction of it is promotion and they seem to have bought into the best way to achieve that is the plan GB has sold them: rebuild the squad from the bottom up, get through the FFP restrictions over time, then take it from there.

As to whose money has been used to date, I always go by the adage that banks only lend money to people who can prove they don't need it. Plus the Bank of India's relationship with the owners obviously goes far beyond little old BRFC, so I can't see the bank going UDI and pulling the plug anytime soon; they will have their loans backed by hard assets in India and it will just be one item on a long agenda of family/firm dealings that they most likely will not want to imperil.

The two million a month loss rate often quoted on here I feel is out if date: loss in the accounts doesnt equal cash flow plus the accruals and payoffs will be kicking in now. The biggest financial dilemma is Rhodes: we need to get rid of his wage to accelerate getting out of FFP, but we need his goals to at least stay safe in this division.

Personally I think the owners have mentally written off the losses to date plus forecast for next year. The only hope of ever seeing more than a small fraction of it is promotion and they seem to have bought into the best way to achieve that is the plan GB has sold them: rebuild the squad from the bottom up, get through the FFP restrictions over time, then take it from there.

As to whose money has been used to date, I always go by the adage that banks only lend money to people who can prove they don't need it. Plus the Bank of India's relationship with the owners obviously goes far beyond little old BRFC, so I can't see the bank going UDI and pulling the plug anytime soon; they will have their loans backed by hard assets in India and it will just be one item on a long agenda of family/firm dealings that they most likely will not want to imperil.

The two million a month loss rate often quoted on here I feel is out if date: loss in the accounts doesnt equal cash flow plus the accruals and payoffs will be kicking in now. The biggest financial dilemma is Rhodes: we need to get rid of his wage to accelerate getting out of FFP, but we need his goals to at least stay safe in this division.

EiT, I'm just catching up, I would be buoyed by your assertion banks only lend to the mega rich, but we also assume that our owners are mega stupid to have allowed the last four years to happen, so the future is unknown, the future is the Loons. Where that leaves us is anyone's guess.....it would be nice if they spoke once in a while. Too busy partying.

EiT, I'm just catching up, I would be buoyed by your assertion banks only lend to the mega rich, but we also assume that our owners are mega stupid to have allowed the last four years to happen, so the future is unknown, the future is the Loons. Where that leaves us is anyone's guess.....it would be nice if they spoke once in a while. Too busy partying.

They wouldn't lend 80 million to you or I, that's for sure.

I think the mistake people make is in thinking the mega rich think like us. What we don't know is how rich they are, how richer they are getting and thus how significant to them are the losses. If they are richer today than they were four years ago, then its all just numbers on a page to them.

I think you're right about this, I think they will have rolled it into the overall business empire, and whilst the investment is less, there is an element of balancing the books taking place I suppose. Even though they are complete feckin morons and I think are genuinely clueless about this industry, they are virtually a bottomless pit at this level of football....they've had their money back over the last few years with decent sales of Jones, samba, etc....

I personally believe in the beginning they got a lump of their initial investment back bled out by various means but that obviously went pear shaped with relegation. Up till before they signed Rhodes they were still something like 10 mill up on out goings and incomings but despite the Prem income the losses in their first year were huge. It went somewhere and I think it was part of the deal with dasturdly and mutley to get them their purchase money back asap, along with their own % of course !

They strike me as the types that wouldn't see it as an outlay of 10m, more of a spread cost which is absorbed throughout the empire. Indeed, I imagine Balaji would be a customer of Brighthouse if he was just a normal chap from blackburn

I personally believe in the beginning they got a lump of their initial investment back bled out by various means but that obviously went pear shaped with relegation. Up till before they signed Rhodes they were still something like 10 mill up on out goings and incomings but despite the Prem income the losses in their first year were huge. It went somewhere and I think it was part of the deal with dasturdly and mutley to get them their purchase money back asap, along with their own % of course !

Yeah, I bet the conversation went something like... "We can get you your initial investment back, win the Premier League AND make you a profit. We just need to make this genius the manager."

kean-grins-like-a-madman.jpg

Yeah, I bet the conversation went something like... "We can get you your initial investment back, win the Premier League AND make you a profit. We just need to make this genius the manager."

kean-grins-like-a-madman.jpg

I've never been violent to a laptop screen before but you've just pushed me close......grr what did that guy say on Game of Thrones "there's no cure for being a c##t" ? especially not when you look like one !

They strike me as the types that wouldn't see it as an outlay of 10m, more of a spread cost which is absorbed throughout the empire. Indeed, I imagine Balaji would be a customer of Brighthouse if he was just a normal chap from Blackburn

Yeah spread the cost and spread your bets, that kind of thing.

Lots of fairly pointless speculation on here with little substance which could lead to people jumping to incorrect conclusions. Who really knows whats going on this side of the Indian sub continent?

Still I suppose if we say things often enough somebody will believe them.

Archived