BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Open Letter From Venky's

If venky's really want to get the fans onside they need to release a full and descriptive explanation as to what happened during their first two years or so. Why were so many mistakes made? Why did every decision seem to be to the detriment of the club? Why was every decent man at the club allowed to leave or fired? Why was Steve Kean tolerated for so long, even when it was obvious he wasn't up to the job? Why was our boardroom decimated and left that way for so long? Why were our best players sold and replaced with inferior players despite the club insisting they wanted European football? What was the exact nature of the relationship with SEM, Kentaro and Jerome Anderson? Why did we sign so many random portuguese players in our first season in the Championship that were of no use to us? Why are they still employing a man they said had "gone rogue" in court?

I could go on and on, but the reality is a vague two paragraph letter PR letter does not erase the questions and doubts I have. Something seriously shifty went on at our club during the first couple of years of Venky's ownership, and as a result of that we've been reduced from a mid-table Premier League team to a mid-table Championship team saddled with massive, increasing debt and some players still on unjustifiably excessive wages. I'm not going to forgive the people who have plunged this club into the abyss until they fully explain the events of the past few years and provide a plan that will ensure the weight of our finances don't crush us over the next few seasons should we fail to get promoted.

Yes. Something well and truly stunk beneath the floorboards around the takeover and the ensuing decision making.

For true reconciliation and resolution, of course we require perpetrators to take full responsibility.You are absolutely right there, so.I think we are likely to be stuck for a long time.

But my guess is that there are all sorts of barriers to true ownership and explanation here. As well as pride, ingrained denial and slippery unwillingness to own specific, horrendous "mistakes", there is probably stuff around legal action from other perpetrators as well as football ( and probably)other authorities.

• Replies 277
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Haha, I like Abbey and he's an absolute legend of BRFCS. Far be it from to call out someone who has been on this message board years longer than me, but to be fair in the last couple of days every time I've seen him post he's either been accusing Booyakasha of being MG Road, or he's been asking people to 'prove it' incessantly.

Maybe he shouldn't have been banned, but in a way I'm not surprised he has been.

What was I bragging about by the way? I certainly didn't get him banned, nor would I ever think to report his posts or whatever it is that you can do.

Er, matter of order please. Abbey did not accuse he agreed with the suspicions of another poster concerning "Boo Ya Road"-gate.

I'm not surprised he's been banned either, recent events have brought out the pro-Venky sympathisers in their droves this week... Not a good combination. I hope people remember those folks like Abbey who keep the board ticking during the quiet times when the fair weather pro-sters are on hiatus.

Er, matter of order please. Abbey did not accuse he agreed with the suspicions of another poster concerning "Boo Ya Road"-gate.

I'm not surprised he's been banned either, recent events have brought out the pro-Venky sympathisers in their droves this week... Not a good combination. I hope people remember those folks like Abbey who keep the board ticking during the quiet times when the fair weather pro-sters are on hiatus.

To true Stuart, ABBEY is just passionate about the Rovers, that is what got him a ban, thanks to others

See you're at it now. I don't think one person is pro-Venkys on this messageboard, and making accusations of people being such is going to;

1. Rile folk up because it's an idiotic accusation usually adopted by those who tend not to debate, but instead prefer to offend and snipe.

2. Get you in hot water because it will cause ruptions ultimately getting you banned.

Don't know why you're getting yourself all flustered all of a sudden anyway Stuart, you've hardly said anything for two days, and what you did post I 'liked'. Just because your mates been banned it doesn't mean you need to start getting menstrual about it.

To true Stuart, ABBEY is just passionate about the Rovers, that is what got him a ban, thanks to others

This is like a little prison clique :lol: Anyway we all know there is always one dominant male, and I think I can work out who it is.

Big Daddy Abbey.

Don't be obtuse, Jimmy. There are certainly people on here - moreso this week - who sympathise with the pro-Venkys position. It's fair to say Abbey is not one of them.

Er, matter of order please. Abbey did not accuse he agreed with the suspicions of another poster concerning "Boo Ya Road"-gate.I'm not surprised he's been banned either, recent events have brought out the pro-Venky sympathisers in their droves this week... Not a good combination. I hope people remember those folks like Abbey who keep the board ticking during the quiet times when the fair weather pro-sters are on hiatus.

'Pro-rovers recovery sympathisers ' is more accurate.

Not one person has said venkys have been good owners. Some are trying to say s!!! Has happened, lets rally round the club.

See you're at it now. I don't think one person is pro-Venkys on this messageboard, and making accusations of people being such is going to;

1. Rile folk up because it's an idiotic accusation usually adopted by those who tend not to debate, but instead prefer to offend and snipe.

2. Get you in hot water because it will cause ruptions ultimately getting you banned.

Don't know why you're getting yourself all flustered all of a sudden anyway Stuart, you've hardly said anything for two days, and what you did post I 'liked'. Just because your mates been banned it doesn't mean you need to start getting menstrual about it.

This is like a little prison clique :lol: Anyway we all know there is always one dominant male, and I think I can work out who it is.

Big Daddy Abbey.

I will bow to your superior knowledge on the subject

Some people who post on here would moan about the Venkys if we were promoted back to the premier league get behind Bowyers young team.

I know, it's ridiculous. Anyone would think they had actually been bad owners or something.

There are fans who wont ever give them the time of day, there are some who are ignorant to anything the owners may say and there are some who clearly wont understand where they may be coming from.

Its a positive start at the end of what has been quite a successful season.

if you pen in the fact they are still funding the club then you have to accept the owners are being up front about what mistakes have been made.

Its an overall picture, they have been ripped off, they have been spanked of some serious money, they have shelled out big time and put their money in and all this in spite of the happening inside the club and beyond.

This isn't a love in nor is it a forgive all that's gone before but for me its another step to recovery. It may just be that they have leaned their lessons as harsh as they have been. They know deep down there is an element of hate but I believe they are prepared to work on this. It will take time and I don't accept for one minute that the owners think everything is hunky dory at Ewood.

From a supporters point of view and my own honest opinion, they are prepared to bank roll us and they are prepared to take the first steps to recovery. Is it not time for the wavering and doubting fans to also take a step forward and begin to breach that so obvious gap ?

There may never be a time when the fans are 100% behind them BUT its the football club that matters.

Its time to move forward and enjoy positivity rather than being negative. We have momentum moving forward, we have a team that can play football, score goals and that can entertain and there is a far better atmosphere at the club than has been in 3 years. The last remaining element of the keanscum era are almost gone from the club and no matter how he is portrayed, Derek Shaw is grafting behind the scenes to repair all that's been undone before him.

Lets roll together..........

• Backroom

Don't be obtuse, Jimmy. There are certainly people on here - moreso this week - who sympathise with the pro-Venkys position. It's fair to say Abbey is not one of them.

There are some who strangely seem like they cannot wait to forgive them. I personally cannot move on completely until I know what happened during those first two years, and am aware of just how much blame goes to our current owners.

If they were just naive fools then it is something I can, in time, forgive. But if their actions were purposeful then in my eyes it is unforgivable. Unfortunately I doubt we'll ever know, at least not until they leave, so I don't feel like I'll ever be able to truly trust or respect them.

I said at the time they were openly ripping the club to pieces that I could never forgive their actions, and until they give me a reason to think otherwise I'll stick by those principles. This letter, realistically, means nothing and I treat it as such.

You're right - some are. What's that got to do with what I posted?

I guess we'll never find out given that my post which referred to Abbey - and was non-abusive - has now been deleted.

Has BRFCS seconded mods from RoversTalk?

Poor show.

Show me the legislation that says they can't.

It depends whether they really want to get all the fans back on side or are just paying lip service.

As I said point me to the legislation that requires what you're asking.

Derek Shaw is grafting behind the scenes to repair all that's been undone before him.

Lets roll together..........

Fantastic news I presume this includes repairing the stuff since he has been here, how much is he paying back to the club each month, 100K?

There are some who strangely seem like they cannot wait to forgive them. I personally cannot move on completely until I know what happened during those first two years, and am aware of just how much blame goes to our current owners.

If they were just naive fools then it is something I can, in time, forgive. But if their actions were purposeful then in my eyes it is unforgivable. Unfortunately I doubt we'll ever know, at least not until they leave, so I don't feel like I'll ever be able to truly trust or respect them.

I said at the time they were openly ripping the club to pieces that I could never forgive their actions, and until they give me a reason to think otherwise I'll stick by those principles. This letter, realistically, means nothing and I treat it as such.

The truth is you will never get to know what you are asking for. Theres too much to be lost by revealing it, for several people at least.

Fact is, yes its a PR statement, yes actions speak far louder than words, but it is them for the first time actually attempting to communicate directly with the fans and try to right the wrongs.

Its a first step, but IF things are to improve, then its probably the biggest step. If they dont, then its another nail in the coffin.

Im glad its not some bewildering 30 second pre-recorded interview clip on granada reports.

I guess we'll never find out given that my post which referred to Abbey - and was non-abusive - has now been deleted.

Has BRFCS seconded mods from RoversTalk?

Poor show.

I also noticed a few of my posts are gone, they where just daft posts meant in jest and completely inoffensive,

• Backroom

The truth is you will never get to know what you are asking for. Theres too much to be lost by revealing it, for several people at least.

Fact is, yes its a PR statement, yes actions speak far louder than words, but it is them for the first time actually attempting to communicate directly with the fans and try to right the wrongs.

Its a first step, but IF things are to improve, then its probably the biggest step. If they dont, then its another nail in the coffin.

Im glad its not some bewildering 30 second pre-recorded interview clip on granada reports.

I would genuinely like for it to comfort me a little, but it just doesn't. It rings hollow to me.

Are we out of the Championship? No.

Are we on a steady financial footing? No.

Do we have an experienced manager? No.

Do we have a competent board structure? No.

Do we have any idea what their future plans are for the club? No.

They can use as many words as they like, but the only thing that comforts me is action. I don't consider coming mid table in the Championship a success for Venky's. For Bowyer? Yes, it was. But not for them. They took over a stable Premier League club and ruined us. Their redemption will be earned only when they return us to that level in every respect. I can't see it happpening.

Their actions are there to see.

The signings of Conway, Gestede , Cairney, Evans and Marshall.

The retaining of Robinson, Rhodes and Dunn on big wages.

The relaying and maintenance of the pitch and training ground and the machinery to sort it out.

The open support to GB and staff.

Its slow but its a positive move forward.

• Backroom

The relaying and maintenance of the pitch and training ground and the machinery to sort it out.

Bowyer is the one who made the first lot of signings, all on low fees or free transfers. Venky's gained from it as we released players who were on higher wages to bring in the above.

Retaining players on massive wages is not a positive.

We were maintaining the pitch perfectly well before they arrived.

Their backing of Bowyer has been arguably forced by the ridiculous decisions they've made previously. They lucked into him.

We've made progress from the absolute abyss but let's not kid ourselves all is suddenly rosy. This season could be a grim one if Bowyer suffers second season syndrome.

These actions do not equal redemption but they are some steps in the correct direction.

Don't ever forget, but at the same time don't dwell!

Archived