BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Open Letter From Venky's

Well done gordon good on ya. Its abundantly clear there are those who will REFUSE to even consider anything that could be considered even slightly positive from that lot. U get that bit like the wife who cheats, she can apologise all she wants but the damage is done. Tis said to forgive is divine.

More like the wife who came into your mansion telling you that she'd make you even richer and more successful. Then instead binned off the trusty butler and gardener and fired the housekeeper, and promoted the lad who does the papers. Then she alienated your family and your mates, and gave away all your favourite furniture; she took her brother in, who camped in the spare room spending all your money on parties you didn't want (to get the place rocking, obviously), which instead got the place trashed and full of squatters. Meanwhile, the parties and hangers-on ended up getting you evicted, and you downsized to a semi (that you can't really afford without the stupidly large mortgage her dad sorted for you). Then it turned out that the semi she got for you was actually in an enormously high council tax band and also had an extortionate ground rent attached to it, which is likely to mean you will have to down size - again.

But all is well became she's written you a letter telling you that she's sorry she wasn't able to get a bigger house for you (conveniently omitting the part where, you know, you already had one) and that she still loves you (big of her) because you have stayed loyal - even though she has you by the short and curlys, and tied into debt you can't afford but her dad is paying the interest on those for you - for now - so at least you aren't completely buried. Yet.

That's the kind of wife we have.

Wonder how it will end.

presentation14.jpg

(But never mind, it's only a football club - it's not real life).

• Replies 277
  • Created
  • Last Reply

More like the wife who came into your mansion telling you that she'd make you even richer and more successful. Then instead binned off the trusty butler and gardener and fired the housekeeper, and promoted the lad who does the papers. Then she alienated your family and your mates, and gave away all your favourite furniture; she took her brother in, who camped in the spare room spending all your money on parties you didn't want (to get the place rocking, obviously), which instead got the place trashed and full of squatters. Meanwhile, the parties and hangers-on ended up getting you evicted, and you downsized to a semi (that you can't really afford without the stupidly large mortgage her dad sorted for you). Then it turned out that the semi she got for you was actually in an enormously high council tax band and also had an extortionate ground rent attached to it, which is likely to mean you will have to down size - again.

But all is well became she's written you a letter telling you that she's sorry she wasn't able to get a bigger house for you (conveniently omitting the part where, you know, you already had one) and that she still loves you (big of her) because you have stayed loyal - even though she has you by the short and curlys, and tied into debt you can't afford but her dad is paying the interest on those for you - for now - so at least you aren't completely buried. Yet.

That's the kind of wife we have.

Wonder how it will end.

presentation14.jpg

(But never mind, it's only a football club - it's not real life).

DIVORCE?

I've wanted word from them for a long time but now we've had it... I'm not interested. Just feels like being spoken down to from the lofty heights of their wealth and speak when they can be bothered to speak. Fair enough if it was Sheikh Mansour bankrolling silverware but as they've been the ruination of our once great club... I think I liked it better when she kept their stupid gob shut.

Rude and arrogant.

Looks like Alan Myers has done a statement for Venky's to sign off and were all supposed to think its a heartfelt apology directly from them? Suppose we have to start somewhere.... *Sigh*

Yep, not a hint of broken English.

Plenty of sadly predictable reactions on here unfortunately, many have been calling for the owners to apologise for their track record whilst in charge for years - as soon as they do so, the same people are quick to deride it as empty words and a publicity stunt. The owners can't do right for doing wrong in the eyes of many fans yet people wonder why they don't attend more matches at Ewood.

For the record I'm not and have never been in the least bit interested in securing an apology from them for mistakes made during their tenure. Although I think it is a gracious gesture from them which they didn't have to make. What I am interested in is seeing them rectify those mistakes by funding any losses incurred as a result and backing us until such time as they return us to the position in which they found us, a lower mid table Premiership Club. Early days, and a long way to go but there may be grounds for cautious optimism as the financial implosion predicted by most to occur either by a date in March this year or this summer does not appear to be coming to pass.

The next event of interest will be the new season ticket pricing. On strictly business grounds the Club should really have no option but to implement a huge price hike. It would be a huge gesture from the owners if prices were to be frozen or remain relatively inexpensive - far more meaningful than any apology. If we are lucky enough for that to happen, I look forward to the next round of complaints about cheap publicity stunts etc.

Plenty of sadly predictable reactions on here unfortunately, many have been calling for the owners to apologise for their track record whilst in charge for years - as soon as they do so, the same people are quick to deride it as empty words and a publicity stunt. The owners can't do right for doing wrong in the eyes of many fans yet people wonder why they don't attend more matches at Ewood.

For the record I'm not and have never been in the least bit interested in securing an apology from them for mistakes made during their tenure. Although I think it is a gracious gesture from them which they didn't have to make. What I am interested in is seeing them rectify those mistakes by funding any losses incurred as a result and backing us until such time as they return us to the position in which they found us, a lower mid table Premiership Club. Early days, and a long way to go but there may be grounds for cautious optimism as the financial implosion predicted by most to occur either by a date in March this year or this summer does not appear to be coming to pass.

The next event of interest will be the new season ticket pricing. On strictly business grounds the Club should really have no option but to implement a huge price hike. It would be a huge gesture from the owners if prices were to be frozen or remain relatively inexpensive - far more meaningful than any apology. If we are lucky enough for that to happen, I look forward to the next round of complaints about cheap publicity stunts etc.

I fully endorse your view Rev and would add that I miss your regular posts along with those of Jim, Parson, BobFlemming and Topman amongst others that sadly would appear to have disappeared into the sunset.

I haven't disappeared completely darrenrover, just that there isn't a great deal happening at present and as was the case last close season I see little point wallowing in misery on here on a daily basis when nothing has actually happened to be miserable about.

Normal service will be resumed when the action starts for real all being well.

I must have missed the bit where they apologised for mistakes made during their tenure. Could you point it out to me?

• 9 months later...

Nowhere obvious to put this, but looks like Venky's will be profiting heavily due to a beef ban in India's second largest state:

http://www.thetimes.co.uk/tto/business/columnists/robinpagnamenta/article4382642.ece

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/wires/reuters/article-2987914/Indian-states-beef-ban-boost-chicken-sales.html

No use to us though really unless they decided to pay down the external debt from the extra chicken leg sales. Seeing as they managed to drag the club into another new low under their watch in terms of an embargo we can't use their dosh to sign anyone anyway ! ... almost convenient some might say.

It'll only effect a tiny Muslim minority.

I'd guess that 98% of the beef sold before the ban was bison/buffalo meat, which is still permitted.

The only thing now banned is (Dairy) cow meat. If anything it may go against the poultry producers as the cow-meat vendors will have to sell something else and they might create some competition for the big brands (But it's unlikely).

It'll only effect a tiny Muslim minority.

I'd guess that 98% of the beef sold before the ban was bison/buffalo meat, which is still permitted.

The only thing now banned is (Dairy) cow meat. If anything it may go against the poultry producers as the cow-meat vendors will have to sell something else and they might create some competition for the big brands (But it's unlikely).

There are about 160 million Muslims in India. Think it will affect a lot more people. Hindus are not supposed to eat beef.

There are about 160 million Muslims in India. Think it will affect a lot more people. Hindus are not supposed to eat beef.

True, but most of them are in the east and North. Not as many in Maharashtra, and most of them are happy to eat bison.

The only people who might miss (dairy cow) beef are tourists, but 99.9% of the big hotels haven't served it for decades anyway as the chef and kitchen staff won't work in a kitchen where that meat is prepared.

Let's just hope there is not a just like a family member who happens to be a cattle dealer and a very nice man whispering about a partnership of taking over a cattle breeding company where he can provide the tea boy and loan in the cattle to run it cheaply considering how "confused"the family seem about such things.

Open letter from Me:

Pay up what you owe and beggar off

Come in to some money, Shaun?

Question: When Venky's do 'pay up what they owe and beggar off', what happens when Jordan Rhodes knocks on the door on Monday morning demanding why his £50,000 hasn't gone in to his bank account? Closely followed by Leon Best demanding £35,000, with Robinson stood just behing him expecting £30,000....

Football supporters eh, you've got to love them :rover:

• Moderation Lead

Considering that Portsmouth are still paying a lot of players from their PL days I'd say that if similar happened to us, we'd be doing similar again......

Archived