BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Open Letter From Venky's

So to support is only to go? What of the thousands who live great distances but contribute by buying merchandise? Should they sit idle and quiet and never express an opinion? Are they not supporters?

Who are you to tell people what they can have an opinion on and what parameters they have to follow in order to express that opinion?

I very rarely see Hollyoaks but I know enough to know it's crap.

Its a very very narrow minded opinion that you have but one I have seen you express many times before.

No wonder not many, as they are referred to as boycotters, don't stick their head above the pharapet.

I regard it as your problem not mine ;) If it bugs you put me on ignore because I'm sure as hell not going anywhere. I saw enough on TV to garner the opinion that the squad and manager were not quite good enough to get us to where we really needed to be and in the end I was proven right. Hopefully mistakes have been learned and the team can continue their great form and propel us back to the top flight next season.

There is a difference between the ones who live a long way away and can't get to matches and ones who choose not to go but still think they can comment on the team and tactics. I honestly don't understand how you can feel you are entitled to comment on what you have not seen. TV does not show you nearly enough. That goes for Hollyoaks too, although I have no opinion on that BECAUSE I HAVE NOT SEEN IT.

I'm not going anywhere either so forget that one. Just remember who made the first aggressive post. It was not me!

By the way, as a season ticket holder, I fully support your last sentence.

• Replies 277
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Once again JB you are waving the wrong stick. I have seen enough in all the live games and heard enough from live radio where professionals are paid to describe the action (both sources are hardly anti-rovers) to forumlate and express a valid opinion. And one I will give whenever I damn well like. If it bugs the 'superfans' then so be it.

If going to the games makes me a super fan then yes it does bug me. LIke I said yesterday, 2 many dress up non-attendance as boycotting. I'm not fussed for the reasons of non-attendance - thats your choice. I personally think being a football fan is for life, regardless of owner, manager or players. I may have none-attended when I couldn't face the game but I never considered this a long term thing because I don't want to live a life without the odd saturday 3pm kickoff - I still get the buzz after 22 years.

Essentially though - the point is your opinion on style/performance is not your own. It is dressed up as your own and that is why it bugs me. Ive sat and argued with posters such as Stuart about performances, but I never thought he wasn't entitled to think this because he developed it using his eyes, brain and memory. We may have fallen out and said bad things, but his opinion is developed through his own experience and has to respected.

Yours however really does bug the living daylights out of me. I'm sick to the back teeth of hearing about perceived style and performance. How many football fans would have a pre-conceived view of Sam Allardyce's football without even going to a game he was in control of? Does that make them right?

No it doesn't. Just because Arsene Wenger told you what his style was, it doesn't make it fact. For example - Jose Mourinhos comments about Mark Hughes and our style gave us a reputation for some time - wrongly in my view.

Why? Because it was perpetuated by fans and pundits who had never seen us play and took his word for it.

Regardless of your opinion of my examples, don't go off on a tangent saying "we were bully boys etc" - The point I am making is that your opinion of our play is formed from broadsheet and radio - then it is not your own.

If you want your respected voice and opinions on our football back, go get your seat back!

Once again JB you grasp the wrong stick. I have seen enough, with my own eyes. What you think matters not one jot. You castigate others as wums yet sometimes you are one of the biggest offenders. Getting your respect is way down my list. Just below dinner with David Cameron.

If my opinion bugs you then so be it. Prepare to be bugged.

And AL. yes you did make the first aggressive post, regarding my attendance status, but I won't hold it against you.

No wonder people keep a pretence of attending because as soon as you post some honesty the hounds come out.

If going to the games makes me a super fan then yes it does bug me. LIke I said yesterday, 2 many dress up non-attendance as boycotting. I'm not fussed for the reasons of non-attendance - thats your choice. I personally think being a football fan is for life, regardless of owner, manager or players. I may have none-attended when I couldn't face the game but I never considered this a long term thing because I don't want to live a life without the odd saturday 3pm kickoff - I still get the buzz after 22 years.

Essentially though - the point is your opinion on style/performance is not your own. It is dressed up as your own and that is why it bugs me. Ive sat and argued with posters such as Stuart about performances, but I never thought he wasn't entitled to think this because he developed it using his eyes, brain and memory. We may have fallen out and said bad things, but his opinion is developed through his own experience and has to respected.

Yours however really does bug the living daylights out of me. I'm sick to the back teeth of hearing about perceived style and performance. How many football fans would have a pre-conceived view of Sam Allardyce's football without even going to a game he was in control of? Does that make them right?

No it doesn't. Just because Arsene Wenger told you what his style was, it doesn't make it fact. For example - Jose Mourinhos comments about Mark Hughes and our style gave us a reputation for some time - wrongly in my view.

Why? Because it was perpetuated by fans and pundits who had never seen us play and took his word for it.

Regardless of your opinion of my examples, don't go off on a tangent saying "we were bully boys etc" - The point I am making is that your opinion of our play is formed from broadsheet and radio - then it is not your own.

If you want your respected voice and opinions on our football back, go get your seat back!

Hey JB. We have had words in the past and differences of opinion but that post is spot on and expresses my opinion far more eloquently than I could have done.

Once again JB you grasp the wrong stick. I have seen enough, with my own eyes. What you think matters not one jot. You castigate others as wums yet sometimes you are one of the biggest offenders. Getting your respect is way down my list. Just below dinner with David Cameron.

If my opinion bugs you then so be it. Prepare to be bugged.

Have you met David Cameron, he's a very nice chap, you see, you use what he works for as an agent to dislike him, someone you have never and probably wouldn't get near too anyway. Seeing what 5mins on the football league show and biased commentary home or away, if thats your take on it well fill your boots, how many times have we been live this season, not that many. Still your opinion that's how it goes.

Once again JB you are waving the wrong stick. I have seen enough in all the live games and heard enough from live radio where professionals are paid to describe the action (both sources are hardly anti-rovers) to forumlate and express a valid opinion. And one I will give whenever I damn well like. If it bugs the 'superfans' then so be it.

DMTP - If you think the money from tickets is stopping us from getting promoted then I despair.

Explain to me how FFP rules work then - I thought it was about clubs generating their own income ? You also can't discount the impact a larger attendance would have on the team when playing at home. Having said all that - I didn't actually say anything about promotion - I said fail the FFP rules.

Abbey is the most honest person on here. I don't know who or why he has been banned but you should be ashamed of yourself. It's blatant victimisation.

Abbey is the most honest person on here. I don't know who or why he has been banned but you should be ashamed of yourself. It's blatant victimisation.

Al, some people get all precious and start PM'ing the mods, then voila banned

But this is a vastly different context than the one in which the Walker Trust were managing.

The" new "ownership has been a catastrophe from day one. The golden thread has been cut. So much damage has been done....Agents, Agnew, Kean, player revolt,relegation,Singh, suicide signings Berg, Appleton, huge debts, national ridicule, supporter disillusionment etc.

Some explanation is necessary.to re-engage stakeholders and build for the future.

The circumstances are irrelevant. However much you or I may feel we are owed an explanation the fact remains they are under no obligation to provide one. Dress it up how you like, it will make no difference.

The circumstances are irrelevant. However much you or I may feel we are owed an explanation the fact remains they are under no obligation to provide one. Dress it up how you like, it will make no difference.

In your opinion

And to think you berated me for bragging yesterday.

ABBEYHATERS!!!

Haha, I like Abbey and he's an absolute legend of BRFCS. Far be it from to call out someone who has been on this message board years longer than me, but to be fair in the last couple of days every time I've seen him post he's either been accusing Booyakasha of being MG Road, or he's been asking people to 'prove it' incessantly.

Maybe he shouldn't have been banned, but in a way I'm not surprised he has been.

What was I bragging about by the way? I certainly didn't get him banned, nor would I ever think to report his posts or whatever it is that you can do.

Archived