BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Open Letter From Venky's

• Replies 277
  • Created
  • Last Reply

DE that's a tad harsh BUT I have never ever suggested that all is rosy.

Compared to 2 years ago we are in a much healthier position than we were. Positivity wise there is no comparison, there are no open protestations, there is no more negativity around playing staff, we are watching an entertaining team that go out to score goals, we have a healthier fan atmosphere minus the minority moronic chavs and we have a hell of a lot more going for us than against.

People mention financial footing, I ask is it really that bad? the debt is serviced abroad to Venkys and not the club so that appears to be a lot healthier than we think (I may be a little off the mark but its what I understand).

The shoots of recovery are well sprouted and I see a team that is about to bloom into the team everyone will want to beat and have to beat if they want promotion next season.

• Backroom

DE that's a tad harsh BUT I have never ever suggested that all is rosy.

Compared to 2 years ago we are in a much healthier position than we were. Positivity wise there is no comparison, there are no open protestations, there is no more negativity around playing staff, we are watching an entertaining team that go out to score goals, we have a healthier fan atmosphere minus the minority moronic chavs and we have a hell of a lot more going for us than against.

People mention financial footing, I ask is it really that bad? the debt is serviced abroad to Venkys and not the club so that appears to be a lot healthier than we think (I may be a little off the mark but its what I understand).

The shoots of recovery are well sprouted and I see a team that is about to bloom into the team everyone will want to beat and have to beat if they want promotion next season.

Please don't underestimate our financial situation. Up until recently we were losing £2m a month and that isn't changing much. As for it being serviced abroad... well, none of us know. The Bank of India will want their money back eventually though, and do we really think Venky's will give out of their own pockets?

I do agree the atmosphere at the ground and the team itself is much improved over last season - but as far as I'm concerned that is down to one man, and he doesn't live in Pune.

Let's close ranks and ALL pull in the right direction this coming season and just get our club back to the top flight.

Sick and f'kin tired of this no mark league,sick and f'kin tired of all the infighting and the squabbling.

There's nothing wrong with this league. Let's not get all Newcastle and think it's beneath us. It's honest and delivers entertainment.

There are only two things we could do with getting rid off...................

I would genuinely like for it to comfort me a little, but it just doesn't. It rings hollow to me.

Are we out of the Championship? No.

Are we on a steady financial footing? No.

Do we have an experienced manager? No.

Do we have a competent board structure? No.

Do we have any idea what their future plans are for the club? No.

They can use as many words as they like, but the only thing that comforts me is action. I don't consider coming mid table in the Championship a success for Venky's. For Bowyer? Yes, it was. But not for them. They took over a stable Premier League club and ruined us. Their redemption will be earned only when they return us to that level in every respect. I can't see it happpening.

okay I get your sentiments, but don't necassarly agree with all the no's

Well, certainly a surprise to see this message to the fans after a long day at work!

Each of us will have our own thoughts on whether this is a PR stunt or a good gesture etc but in all honesty everyone has to agree that its a start, its another step in the right direction.

Yes, we have had it bad over the last few years but we cant keep banging on about that when they are making even the tiniest of efforts to reverse that can we?

You simply have to move forwards, youre only hurting yourself by staying away in my opinion.

Last season at Ewood it was a much nicer place to be and long may that continue to improve.

Together we are stronger, together we can achieve more!

It certainly will show the real character of our fanbase if we can start to move on and make a success of things given our recent history!

Well, certainly a surprise to see this message to the fans after a long day at work!

Each of us will have our own thoughts on whether this is a PR stunt or a good gesture etc but in all honesty everyone has to agree that its a start, its another step in the right direction.

Yes, we have had it bad over the last few years but we cant keep banging on about that when they are making even the tiniest of efforts to reverse that can we?

You simply have to move forwards, youre only hurting yourself by staying away in my opinion.

Last season at Ewood it was a much nicer place to be and long may that continue to improve.

Together we are stronger, together we can achieve more!

It certainly will show the real character of our fanbase if we can start to move on and make a success of things given our recent history!

Do you think it may be the banging on that has finally got a response ?

Been some very points made on here today by some members so credit to you.

For me, Venkys have made a good first step by doing a letter to the fans. They have admitted mistakes has been made by them in the past. Which is a start by them. Hopefully alot more to come from them.

Season tickets prices are out next week so lets see what the prices are for the fans.

Listening fans is normally more expensive than not listening. Maybe they have understood even what the protesting was for. It's all about the club's best. I don't like them just because they did pretty much all wrong. I still hope for better times, even with the current owners. I hope much more fans would get a season ticket even if that's the idea of the message they sent today.

I'm away at the moment so only just seen this.

Our new PR guy has managed to do what everyone else has failed to do, get them to at least talk some sense for once.

It's an apology of sorts and we all know it takes allot to admit you've made mistakes, especially in their position, so credit where credits due I say.

I could add the usual 'But' but I'm not going to, it's good to hear them admit mistakes or sorts.

• Backroom

I'm away at the moment so only just seen this.

Our new PR guy has managed to do what everyone else has failed to do, get them to at least talk some sense for once.

It's an apology of sorts and we all know it takes allot to admit you've made mistakes, especially in their position, so credit where credits due I say.

I could add the usual 'But' but I'm not going to, it's good to hear them admit mistakes or sorts.

For me it's a good start, if it's backed up then it's better than what we've had

I'm pretty darn sure that we all know that actions speak louder than words.

I know that anything they say can be taken with a pinch of salt. Especially in the early days, as most of what they said and promised did not come to fruition. They promised us the world and sounded naive at best and complicit with lies at worst.

It is my firm belief that they have only ever said what they were told to say!

My hope is that the people who are telling them what to say and do are now people who actually want the club to succeed for the fans and the town - rather than for future profits from player trading. From what I have seen of Alan Myers so far - he seems pretty good at his job and committed. It's obviously about PR - their is a skill to it. I also see him the Evertonian element a good thing - because he is a football fan with a direct link to our owners. Yes, he doesn't support rovers, but he feels and understands how a fan feels - and the fact he still talks about them on social media proves this in my eyes.

Compared to the kind of advice they used to get...

Even without any prior knowledge of football, the dodgy dealing was bloody obvious - you could look at a few facts and interviews by so called "industry professionals" dressed in club colours at the time - or crocodile tears sat on SSN. You could look at the amount of staff and players, who already proven in their roles - leaving with NDA's and big pay offs - to be replaced by a few "Modeste" acquisitions. I personally was Radoslav Petrified at the time. (..and no Stuart, I didn't rate him like Lowe ;) )

The actions on and off the pitch over the past 12 months have certainly show a different measure of thought being brought to the table. It's blatantly obvious that things could've gone better this season, but it's also hard to ignore the previous 30 months ... Desolation of the soul is probably the best way to sum up the Kean era. Shebby's influence may have been a joke to other club fans but there was absolutely nothing funny about his role. Appleton and Berg became absolute disasters because of that whole scenario. Gary's time may not be as thrilling as some of the other managers we have had over the past 25 years but under the previous circumstances his dedication to the club rather than his bank balance has been massive. He certainly is not proven manager material at this level still - it takes time, but early signs are positive.

To ignore these actions over the past 12 months is akin to saying and believing that "we shouldn't of sacked Kean when we were near the top of the table"

In future - as of this season; The actions have to continue. It is nice to have some words to go with, but ultimately we need to improve again this season with at least a playoff place. If the owners support us with some signings to bolster over the summer, pay off more wasters signed by the criminals, keep investing in the club structure, keep the best players and pay off any fines we might incur through FFP - then you have to say fair enough.

Don't forget but don't dwell!

Interesting, which no's would you not agree with ?

Do we have an experienced manager? No. Well after more than 12 months in charge i think he's experienced enough, maybe you need to define experience

Do we have a competent board structure? No. Again behind the scenes much work has been done, if it was a shambles we would not be anywhere near where we finished, and many supporters were happy with the incoming appointments, (theres not many John Williams about) as much as we poke fun at Lofty he seems to be doing a good job.

Now if you guys are managing directors of mid to large size companies you will know your stuff and i bow to your insight judgments, But then again like mine they are probably just assumptions.

I guess we'll never find out given that my post which referred to Abbey - and was non-abusive - has now been deleted.

Has BRFCS seconded mods from RoversTalk?

Poor show.

Yes I too am disappointed with the mods recently. Come back SteB and Glenn. You are badly missed.

For all those saying 'actions speak louder than words' last year they backed the manager 100%, supported him in rebuilding almost our entire 1st team and kept their silly shenanigans to a minimum, as long ad they carry on that way we should do well next season.

(but if we are not firmly in the top 6 at Christmas time, then bowyer would have to make way)

Yes I too am disappointed with the mods recently. Come back SteB and Glenn. You are badly missed.

Funny because I think both those two would have clamped down on the bollards you've been spouting lately long ago.

Archived