BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Open Letter From Venky's

How did i guess you would comment like you did. same old same old, never mind, one day eh.

ok you win, wow the venkys done good what an amazing grovelling letter , champions league is no longer a dream.Man I love the venkys..

what do you want me to say/lie ?

• Replies 277
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Silence from Venkys - people moan

Communication from Venkys - people moan

Poorly worded press releases from Agnew - ppl moan

Well thought out press releases from Myers - ppl moan and call it spin

Can't win really but I'm sure success on the pitch will change that.

Ha - sky comment made me laugh. Okay so you watch at the pub and hide behind your pint?

Yes, best of their ability does not always mean 'play at their best', it means they never can't be arsed, they never lack effort. If you've ever played football in your life you'll understand that some days it just doesn't happen for you. You can't get a rhythm and the ball bounces off you etc etc. When I talk about best of their ability I mean 'they give their all for the cause'.

I agree, by Christmas we'll know more, although I'm very quietly confident that we can have a good start, and am very much looking forward to it all getting underway again.

No superfan mode in the post above, just honest assessment of the side we have now.

Ignoring the opening dig, which kind of lets you down, all I will say is.........

WE ALL, at heart, want what it best for Blackburn Rovers.

Been nice-ish talking to you ;)

Can't win really but I'm sure success on the pitch will change that.

Opinions on the letter are always going to be mixed. It's a bit like the reaction anything the lying weasels in the Tory party ever say. Some lap it up, some see right through it.

But regarding putting Rovers back where they were, that's what we all want. Just the question of "will it happen under their watch"?

Time will tell

If you are satisfied with their 'apology' that is up to you. I am not and that is my right but don't try taking the moral high ground because you accept what is in the letter. As I have said ad nauseum until they name the people who have been complicit I will not be happy. I still get football fans from various clubs telling me how wrong we were to protest during Keans reign. The wider world needs to know what has gone on and until the Indians come clean it will not happen.

Please read again what i wrote, i never said i was satisfied, what i said was i am not advocating total compliance. no moral high ground from me, i buy a ST, go watch the team, more than not this season been happy coming off the ground. I will add that i did protest during the reign of the bald one, so in my view the ones with the moral high ground are the ones who constantly berate the posters on this message board for wanting to see and go support the Rovers. I see the letter as a start that's all.

I guess this letter does have a lot missing from it and I know plenty of Rovers fans would like to know, what the 'Real deal' was when the owners bought into the club. Plenty of real fans are fairly certain that the biggest influence on what has gone on, was instigated by an agent. It goes without saying that we will never be told the truth about that. The owners are not going to sanction a letter to say, how they were deceived, if that was the case and how much was made, by the involvement of certain people. If the owners were completely unaware and have fallen for a certain persons charm, hook line and sinker, then I guess the bulk of the anger, will remain, but at least no further influence exists.

It may well be that they did really know what was happening and they were complicit in what happened. My own or anyone else's opinion, no longer really matters there, I guess. One thing is for sure, the owners are still here, they appear to be saying the right things and appear to be acting in the right manner. If we can move forward again this coming season, then I guess us fans have to be grateful for that. Whether that means a return to the premier league, only time will tell. I think a full season, with the squad, that ended the season and the momentum that was there, may well give us a chance.

At least we no longer have to listen to an idiotic, manager, spewing out more positives than the leader at a party conference. We also don't have to stomach an agent telling us how badly treated his some has been from fans with an agenda. Small mercy's I know, but hopefully onwards and upwards!

Egyptian Pete.

Nobody is or has berated anyone for going to support the Rovers. If you can find any evidence I will retract the statement.

People may berate others regarding the owners though with plenty of argueing on both sides but if berating is happening regarding team support it is those who attend that aim it towards those who currently do not.

The ultimate panic of another huge year on year drop in 'real' attendance has finally prompted this. Nothing more nothing less. If they thought 14/15k would turn up every season no matter what we wouldn't have heard a peep. That says it all.

I'll credit Alan Myers though for finally getting something. He's been asked enough and has permission to pen something at the very least.

Looks like Alan Myers has done a statement for Venky's to sign off and were all supposed to think its a heartfelt apology directly from them? Suppose we have to start somewhere.... *Sigh*

Agreed, but that is still ok, I think.

I didn't really expect them to be sat around Mme's camp fire swapping contrite phrases.

I had to smile at their reframing.

" We're so f***ing sorry. We totally screwed up, crapped on Jack's legacy and threw away your premiership status, causing you all such a sense of loss"

becomes

"Our family is fully aware of how difficult the past few years have been for everyone who has affection for our great club, we are deeply sorry we haven't, so far, been able to bring the success we all desire for Rovers"

Imagine all the "work" that went into that. What a difficult day. This morning I took out a comma, this afternoon I put it back in again!

It is carefully worded but, joking aside, it is to be welcomed. And no, I haven't forgotten that they used similar, respectful phrases about Rovers' tradition BEFORE the flood, at the time of the takeover. But it is a start. The real proof will be in their future behaviour...

I guess someone has been reading this message board.

Can't find any phrases that cover "Sorry for the global embarrassment of Shebby the clown and the stench of Anderson and Kean" though.. :brfcsmilie:

• Moderation Lead

I'm happy some fans have found their mojo. We are not all the same. I've not been boggle eyed and mad but stated my opinion. I hope the team does well this season but I have my reservations.

But it seem hypocrisy is the order of the day as I am sure I read "certain posters" denegrating the profligation of shouting down others and using short sharp sarcastic one liners.

If we are discussing old chestuts It also seems that we are back to that old territory of "only those who attend can offer an opinion"

Seems the Rao's are alone in having to practice what they preach

There's a lot of rubbish spewed from both sides Shaun. This board has become almost unreadable, quite a few still talk sense mind!

Where do people get this "admitting they've made mistakes" bit from?

The word "mistake" isn't mentioned once, just a "sorry we haven't had any success yet" platitude

Yes, it's a communication for once but they really aren't saying much.

I can imagine Myers asking them "what is the most watered-down way I can put sorry in the letter?"

Edit. Why bother?

Its very boring of you to keep throwing your hands in the air everyday and proclaiming that the Board has gone to the dogs.

If you don't like it anymore, as you say above-----why bother? Either contribute or bugger off is my opinion.

This superiority stuff about there being a few " sensible" posters left is getting on my nerves.

• Backroom

Handily for the Pune massive, it lowers our expectations for the likes of transfer activity with mentioning FFP.

Is it possible that such a phrase has been purposely mentioned in an official statement as a first step in a legal defence.

I really struggle to see how they are going to punish a club that is trying to reduce it's debts and come in line. Totally different scenario to Man City for me.

The owners can take it to a judge and say look, we have pretty much halved the playing budget, we have released/sold tons of players, we are doing everything we can to move in the right direction, we have even mentioned it in our official club statement see. All that shows evidence of effort to comply IMO, which other clubs have certainly not shown (i.e. Man City/ QPR.)

If the football league then ignored all that and punished a club that is trying it's best, it would make a shambles of the FFP rules for me and would put them on very dodgy ground.

But maybe I'm just clutching at straws.

The ultimate panic of another huge year on year drop in 'real' attendance has finally prompted this. Nothing more nothing less. If they thought 14/15k would turn up every season no matter what we wouldn't have heard a peep. That says it all.

I'll credit Alan Myers though for finally getting something. He's been asked enough and has permission to pen something at the very least.

I tend to agree. This will make not one jot of difference to who does/does not attend next season. Their inept handling of the club over the last three years has seen to that. Finally, the supporters have been mentioned in a positive light, small mercies.

I will re-attend, as the unmitigated disasters that were Coco, different manager every week, no management ad infinitum seems [never hold my breath] to be behind us, and things on the pitch are certainly better than they have been since "they" arrived.

As for our owners.....will never forgive, nor forget what they have presided over. Naivety, or complicity, matters not - they bought a respected PL club, and reduced it to rubble in record time.

Happy they stay away, bank roll the club till they get bored, run out of cash, or finally do the only decent thing possible, sell on to someone who gives a damn?

When were you ever given any such"specifics" from the Walker Trust? How about?..... Never! And from what I can see no one is "fawning over them", simply giving credit where it's due.

During their tenure what did the Trust do wrong to have to go into specifics? The major error was the appointment of Ince and that was soon rectified. And I'm not talking about selling the club, I'm talking about the period when they had good people working for the club and everything that was done was in the clubs best interests.

You give them credit if you want to, that's your prerogative. I will not until I am satisfied that the truth is out there.

I tend to agree. This will make not one jot of difference to who does/does not attend next season. Their inept handling of the club over the last three years has seen to that. Finally, the supporters have been mentioned in a positive light, small mercies.

I will re-attend, as the unmitigated disasters that were Coco, different manager every week, no management ad infinitum seems [never hold my breath] to be behind us, and things on the pitch are certainly better than they have been since "they" arrived.

As for our owners.....will never forgive, nor forget what they have presided over. Naivety, or complicity, matters not - they bought a respected PL club, and reduced it to rubble in record time.

Happy they stay away, bank roll the club till they get bored, run out of cash, or finally do the only decent thing possible, sell on to someone who gives a damn?

That's the thing for me as well. No slight hint of any communication or explanation when the they were dragging the club through the mud and ridiculous headlines every week. The one and only half decent season and no public stupidity from them and finally they stick a toe out from under the rock. All this because a neutral guy they've employed has probably told them it really is the only way forwards. Don't get me wrong I do welcome it, it's a start but it'll remain very hollow to me.

• Backroom

If venky's really want to get the fans onside they need to release a full and descriptive explanation as to what happened during their first two years or so. Why were so many mistakes made? Why did every decision seem to be to the detriment of the club? Why was every decent man at the club allowed to leave or fired? Why was Steve Kean tolerated for so long, even when it was obvious he wasn't up to the job? Why was our boardroom decimated and left that way for so long? Why were our best players sold and replaced with inferior players despite the club insisting they wanted European football? What was the exact nature of the relationship with SEM, Kentaro and Jerome Anderson? Why did we sign so many random portuguese players in our first season in the Championship that were of no use to us? Why are they still employing a man they said had "gone rogue" in court?

I could go on and on, but the reality is a vague two paragraph letter PR letter does not erase the questions and doubts I have. Something seriously shifty went on at our club during the first couple of years of Venky's ownership, and as a result of that we've been reduced from a mid-table Premier League team to a mid-table Championship team saddled with massive, increasing debt and some players still on unjustifiably excessive wages. I'm not going to forgive the people who have plunged this club into the abyss until they fully explain the events of the past few years and provide a plan that will ensure the weight of our finances don't crush us over the next few seasons should we fail to get promoted.

• Moderation Lead

Its very boring of you to keep throwing your hands in the air everyday and proclaiming that the Board has gone to the dogs.

If you don't like it anymore, as you say above-----why bother? Either contribute or bugger off is my opinion.

This superiority stuff about there being a few " sensible" posters left is getting on my nerves.

So twice makes it every day then?.... Just a general observation, and I think you'll find I'm not alone in my views.

If you don't like what I have to say, put me on ignore :tu:

During their tenure what did the Trust do wrong to have to go into specifics? The major error was the appointment of Ince and that was soon rectified. And I'm not talking about selling the club, I'm talking about the period when they had good people working for the club and everything that was done was in the clubs best interests.

You give them credit if you want to, that's your prerogative. I will not until I am satisfied that the truth is out there.

I think you're missing the point. Neither the Walker Trust nor the The W@nkys Were/are under any obligation to keep we, the fans apprised of their intentions or indeed deal in"specifics" simply for the benefit of the disgruntled. like it or not(and many of us don't!) it is their business and as such can run it how they see fit.

ok you win, wow the venkys done good what an amazing grovelling letter , champions league is no longer a dream.Man I love the venkys..

what do you want me to say/lie ?

Oh Come on Abbey don't give up, no winners here, and FYI, i enjoy some of your one liners.

One thing for stay away Rovers fans to ponder - the lack of income from match day sales (amongst other things) will be the reason we fail FFP rules, rather than money coming from the Rao family (yes they are the reason we are in this position - but the reality is that stay away fans will impact our chances of getting back to the Premiership. So, for me, I am happy that they are making moves to entice fans back to Ewood - lets hope that the ST package remains attractive.

Archived