BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Eric KInder appointed the new head of Rovers academy

• Replies 129
  • Created
  • Last Reply

An excellent appointment for the club. Eric is Rovers through and through and has a huge amount of experience in youth football both here and at Carlisle. He knows the Academy, knows the local scene and will hopefully be able to bring in and help develop a better platform on which the club can build.

IMV, a poor and cheap appointment - another man promoted beyond his abilities.

We need someone with presence. personality and standing in the game with outstanding technical abilities in order to attract the finest of talent.

Rovers should have gone for Alan Irvine who has an outstanding reputation throughout Academy football in the UK. Instead we 'dumb down' and go for one of Bowyer's mates who he wont see as a threat.

We need someone with presence. personality and standing in the game with outstanding technical abilities in order to attract the finest of talent.

Rovers should have gone for Alan Irvine who has an outstanding reputation throughout Academy football in the UK. Instead we 'dumb down' and go for one of Bowyer's mates who he wont see as a threat.

Alan Irvine would have been fantastic IMHO but he would have undermined Bowyer's authority just by being here.

Much like under Kean (although, dare I say, even Kean did bring in some respected number twos) we will not see anyone coming to the club with a higher standing in the game than the manager. I don't blame him for one minute but our expectations need to be tempered to accept such a strategy.

Alan Irvine would have been fantastic IMHO but he would have undermined Bowyer's authority just by being here.

Much like under Kean (although, dare I say, even Kean did bring in some respected number twos) we will not see anyone coming to the club with a higher standing in the game than the manager. I don't blame him for one minute but our expectations need to be tempered to accept such a strategy.

This 'dumbing' down strategy is killing our club.

You should employ the best you can and forget the rest.

An excellent appointment for the club. Eric is Rovers through and through and has a huge amount of experience in youth football both here and at Carlisle. He knows the Academy, knows the local scene and will hopefully be able to bring in and help develop a better platform on which the club can build.

I'm genuinely not sure why the bit in bold is a priority. I want the best people possible at Rovers for their role, not just a local or a fan. If Eric Kinder is the best then fine but I'd much rather have the people with Blackburn in their hearts sat in the boardroom (if not the owners seats) and the best mercenaries for the job looking after football matters.

This 'dumbing' down strategy is killing our club.

You should employ the best you can and forget the rest.

Agree entirely (see my response to Parson), it's just not the way it is. I'm not trying to defend it.

I'm genuinely not sure why the bit in bold is a priority. I want the best people possible at Rovers for their role, not just a local or a fan. If Eric Kinder is the best then fine but I'd much rather have the people with Blackburn in their hearts sat in the boardroom (if not the owners seats) and the best mercenaries for the job looking after football matters.

Agree entirely (see my response to Parson), it's just not the way it is. I'm not trying to defend it.

You are spot on.

There should be no room for sentiment in football.

If Rovers through and through is the criteria, I would have appointed either Parsonblue or Chaddy !

You are spot on.

If Rovers through and through is the criteria, I would have appointed either Parsonblue or Chaddy !

This appointment is exactly the reason why if you sack Bowyer you more than likely get Short.

If that is the case maybe GB does not have the correct level of authority !

A top manager gets the best he can to work for him

You are spot on.

ABBEY for comms director :)

How do you know Eric wasn't the best of those who applied for the job? Do you know who applied?

I would like to know who applied when Degsy got his gig and who did the interviewing,

Sorry for going off topic but I think it is important

How do you know Eric wasn't the best of those who applied for the job? Do you know who applied?

In any walk of life, if a suitable candidate doesn't apply then you head hunt.

If I couldn't find a better candidate than Kinder then I'd give up.

I know a couple of guys who work for other Academies and understand that Rovers would not have been short of quality options.

Kinder is a decent bloke and might be Rovers through and through but, IMV, he doesn't cut the mustard and has no trail blazing CV.

I agree.

Kinder knows the club and the local area.

plus didn't he do a good job at Carlisle as Head of their academy?

Also still means that Bowyer will be here next season as manager.

who says that Irvine even applied for the job?

hasn't he just been interviewed for the Oldham Athletic's manager job? which looks like Ian Dowie will be appoint to the job there

I know a couple of guys who work for other Academies and understand that Rovers would not have been short of quality options.

Kinder is a decent bloke and might be Rovers through and through but, IMV, he doesn't cut the mustard and has no trail blazing CV.

who were these outstanding candidate then?

On the wind up again, chaddy? More smugness to follow fickleness.

He's said absolutely nothing that deserves that responce Stuart, maybe it's you that has the problem not Chaddy.

Mercer has been on the wind up for a while now, maybe you've just backed the wrong horse.

http://www.rovers.co.uk/news/article/eric-kinder-blackburn-rovers-academy-2324576.aspx

Q&A with Kinder

In any walk of life, if a suitable candidate doesn't apply then you head hunt.

If I couldn't find a better candidate than Kinder then I'd give up.

he's just got the U'21's into their league cup final.

On the wind up again, chaddy? More smugness to follow fickleness.

starting rows again Stuart just because someoen has a different view to you? there's was absolutely no smugness in his post.

I agree.

Kinder knows the club and the local area.

plus didn't he do a good job at Carlisle as Head of their academy?

Also still means that Bowyer will be here next season as manager.

who says that Irvine even applied for the job?

hasn't he just been interviewed for the Oldham Athletic's manager job? which looks like Ian Dowie will be appoint to the job there

who were these outstanding candidate then?

Whether Irvine applied or not, he would have been very near the top of my list of candidates (if they don't apply, you go and get them !).

As far 'quality options'. I am saying that my understanding is that this would have been a much sought after position and Rovers would not have been short of quality options to select from.

So why on earth, IMV, go for a 'journeyman' whose CV is far from trail blazing.

Bottom line is until the club stops 'dumbing down' and starts appointing quality personnel, the downward spiral will continue.

Whether Irvine applied or not, he would have been very near the top of my list of candidates (if they don't apply, you go and get them !).

As far 'quality options'. I am saying that my understanding is that this would have been a much sought after position and Rovers would not have been short of quality options to select from.

So why on earth, IMV, go for a 'journeyman' whose CV is far from trail blazing.

Bottom line is until the club stops 'dumbing down' and starts appointing quality personnel, the downward spiral will continue.

You are completely spot on Mercer. This smacks of a cosy GB appointment ie non threatening. We are supposedly a category 1 Academy the importance of which is vital to the club in the next few years because of our financial plight and restrictions. is Eric Kinder really the guy that the best young kids will come and sign for when we are competing with experienced heavyweights in other academies???

Is the criteria based on what young players we have brought through? Not many of the current U21s look worth a shot near our first team squad from the games I have seen and other than a bit of a cup run has the U21s form /results not been dire?

Time will tell but it doesn't seem very progressive and is out of the same box as replacing John Williams with a cheap , local 3rd rate administrator from PNE.

Dumbing down describes our club perfectly and I think we are all braced for a continuation of that theme at 1st team level this summer.

Really? Alan Irvine? He has just been managing in the premier league. He probably fancies his chances at management! I couldn't see a 'premier league manager' taking up a role which is probably 5-6th in the coaching hierarchy behind manager, assistant, first team coaches at a mid table championship side.

Furthermore this role is suitable for somebody who is in it for the long haul. Somebody like Irvine would see it as a short term stop gap and would be off in a flash if a better opportunity came along.

Go on then Stuart, what have said that was a wind up?

Nothing at all.

I have a different view to yours. That is all.

You know exactly what you are doing - and the reactions you'll get with your posts. Just cut out the smug comments when you'll simply change your mind when the wind changes.

Archived