BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Eric KInder appointed the new head of Rovers academy

The appointment of Kinder was almost certainly a foregone conclusion inside the club from the moment Cannon was relieved of his duties.

The invitation and subsequent interviewing of applicants was just a HR exercise as Kinder would already have been nailed on for it, you see it all the time in all walks of life.

So for me that leaves one big question, who is the one making the decision to replace Cannon with Kinder? We're constantly told Shaw is a puppet board member so could it be that the real power broker at Ewood is nice guy Gaz himself?

It all boils down to the fact that the owners don't have the ability or more importantly, desire to look beyond Ewood. Kinder might be a great appointment, or he might not.I don't know anything about him. However, not all the best people in football are currently working for rovers and that was Mercers point.

• Replies 129
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Chaddy, you were a Bowyer supporter originally, then quite recently you wanted him replaced, then very recently you returned to the " I'm backing Bowyer " camp. We all change our minds about issues from time to time but when we do the down side of that is we suffer a credibility deficit.

My opinion from the day he was appointed to be manager full time was - he wasn't the man to get us promoted, he isn't the man to get us promoted and he won't get us promoted.

You're spot on TS, I agree with you fully, but its his choice and he should be allowed to express his reasons/opinions without people laying into him for it.

Why do posters feel the need to challenge chaddy at every opportunity? I read his posts and move on, I never feel the need to determine if he's changed his mind from last week.....

On Bowyer I agree, just another example of an easy, cheap option, its the venkys way, the secret to success!

It all boils down to the fact that the owners don't have the ability or more importantly, desire to look beyond Ewood. Kinder might be a great appointment, or he might not.I don't know anything about him. However, not all the best people in football are currently working for rovers and that was Mercers point.

You're right den, but a bit like the Bowyer appointment, Kinder probably deserves his chance, but he's probably not the best man available on paper.

You're right den, but a bit like the Bowyer appointment, Kinder probably deserves his chance, but he's probably not the best man available on paper.

Personally, I think the appoint of Eric is another indication that the club is finally moving in the right direction. Bowyer is putting things in place to take the club forward but, sadly, anyone appointed whilst Venky's are the owners is instantly viewed as a cheap option and with suspicion. Yet, without the owners financial support, there would probably be no club left to follow. We all know their past mistakes but we can't do anything about the past only the future. The appointments are decent people who have the club at heart and want to take the club forward. Clearly not fast enough for some, but they are working hard to improve the club which is all that I, for one, would ask of anyone.

Parson, how can you say the Club is moving in the right direction? Last seas we finished a couple of points outside the play off places. In the summer the manager was allowed to keep all his top players and was allowed to sign yet more players. This year we are fourteen points out of them with a quarter of the season still to go!That's hardly indicative of progress with essentially the same players.

As for Kinder, it does on face value smack of taking the easy cheap option and replacing one member of a failed regime with another. Do you think the output from the Academy has been good in recent years? I think it's been abysmal personally. Furthermore you are always telling us how none of the youngsters loom ready to step up into the first team which is hardly consistent with your ringing endorsement of Kinder.

Parson, how can you say the Club is moving in the right direction? Last seas we finished a couple of points outside the play off places. In the summer the manager was allowed to keep all his top players and was allowed to sign yet more players. This year we are fourteen points out of them with a quarter of the season still to go!That's hardly indicative of progress with essentially the same players.

As for Kinder, it does on face value smack of taking the easy cheap option and replacing one member of a failed regime with another. Do you think the output from the Academy has been good in recent years? I think it's been abysmal personally. Furthermore you are always telling us how none of the youngsters loom ready to step up into the first team which is hardly consistent with your ringing endorsement of Kinder.

Eric has been at Carlisle for the past few years Rev, he only came back last season to take charge of the Under-21's who have improved in the League this season and reached a Cup Final - far from abysmal I would have thought. Do you not think the likes of Raya, Nyambe, Lenihan, Hardcastle and Mansell show promise?

Wasn't Kinder with the Club before he went to Carlisle? Why did he leave then? Carlisle is hardly a step up is it?

As for the players you mention, they're obviously deemed to be not showing enough promise to feature for us in some capacity.

I'm not really interested in producing players to play for other Clubs down the Leagues.

we are moving forward Parson? REALLY ..Liverpool aside , its sleep inducing football, nearer relegation than promotion, less points than less year, fans wanting our best scorer out ,fans turning on each other inside ewood & over £80m in debt and 2m a week more being added to it.

Hand on heart I really don't see this improvement/stability malarkey.

Is this a parallel universe were moving forwards is going backwards?

I remember John Beck using the 'you have to takr one step back to take one forward' when he relegated Nobbers. It was most chucklesome but now we are the Nobbers it ain't. I can't recall any Nobber being gullible enough to agree with him

The players I mentioned, Shaun, are around 17 years old apart from Raya who is about 19/20 and still rather young for a goalkeeper. They show great promise, but clearly, as you say, anything Blackburn Rovers related really doesn't interest you.

What are people getting their knickers in a twist for?

We've just promoted the man who took an U18's squad to the final of an U21's cup! That in itself is remarkable, imo. He's also the man who will have seen the earlier development of Olsson, Hoilett, and Jones. As well as current regulars, Hanley, Lowe and Henley.

That may not be a 'Premier League' CV but it's a bloody good one for a club of our current standing (and standing for the last 3 years).

On top of that, he's one of us.

Ever heard the term 'Promotion to incompetence'? I guess we are lucky that we still have an academy but its pretty obvious that this is a cheap and convenient option, albeit no doubt a necessary one. Tbh I'd imagine this appointment requires more admin than anything else and imo Eric kinder is an individual more comfortable wearing a tracksuit. Still beggars can't be choosers eh? Good luck to him all the same.

Arsenal have Andries Jonker as their Academy Manager - just look at that guy's CV.

They also now have Thierry Henry helping out with their Academy teams whilst he does his badges.

We have 'Eric' and I don't mean Cantona.

Now tell me, what type of set-up are aspiring youngsters more likely to turn to !?!?

I know we are unable to employ the likes of Jonker but you go for the very best you can and forget the rest. IMV, Kinder would be close to the very bottom of any list of prospective Academy Managers.

The players I mentioned, Shaun, are around 17 years old apart from Raya who is about 19/20 and still rather young for a goalkeeper. They show great promise, but clearly, as you say, anything Blackburn Rovers related really doesn't interest you.

I was referring to you saying Bowyer is taking the club forwards (when ALL evidence points categorically to the contrary in reference to the first XI which is where it matters) but you go and throw condescension around as your belligerence towards any negative comment in reference to Bowyer continues.

And when have I said Blackburn Rovers doesn't interest me? You know why I no longer go but you continue to post lies about me if you want. After all you're a superfan whom we should all bow down to yet you seem to see precious little

.........that's how it comes across to me anyway

You think I'm wrong. I think you're wrong.

Arsenal have Andries Jonker as their Academy Manager - just look at that guy's CV.

They also now have Thierry Henry helping out with their Academy teams whilst he does his badges.

We have 'Eric' and I don't mean Cantona.

Now tell me, what type of set-up are aspiring youngsters more likely to turn to !?!?

I know we are unable to employ the likes of Jonker but you go for the very best you can and forget the rest. IMV, Kinder would be close to the very bottom of any list of prospective Academy Managers.

Again, Mercerman, all speculation. You don't know the shortlist, you don't know how well qualified Eric is and above all you don't know what plans he has for the future development of the Academy.

I was referring to you saying Bowyer is taking the club forwards (when ALL evidence points categorically to the contrary in reference to the first XI which is where it matters) but you go and throw condescension around as your belligerence towards any negative comment in reference to Bowyer continues.

And when have I said Blackburn Rovers doesn't interest me? You know why I no longer go but you continue to post lies about me if you want. After all you're a superfan whom we should all bow down to yet you seem to see precious little

.........that's how it comes across to me anyway

You think I'm wrong. I think you're wrong.

At the end of the day Shaun we come from two different viewpoints and I'll accept that we need to agree to disagree and move on.

Again, Mercerman, all speculation. You don't know the shortlist, you don't know how well qualified Eric is and above all you don't know what plans he has for the future development of the Academy.

At the end of the day Shaun we come from two different viewpoints and I'll accept that we need to agree to disagree and move on.

Shortlist? Yeah, good one that PB. For what it's worth I'll bet it was a very short shortlist.

It seems strange that you're supporting the replacing of Cannon with Kinder when the former was responsible for bringing in the players you mentioned earlier in the thread. Not to mention players like Rodwell, Barkley and Coleman at Everton.

Is this the latest place for the miserablist circle jerk?

Go on then Mr happy .

It's 2015/16 season fast forward . We are now 110 million in debt and rising , we have sold gestede , Marshall , Lowe , killa and rhodes , crowds are at 7000 , we are under embargo , Varney and brown have yet to score and were near the bottom .... Are you still feeling the love ?

Far fetched ? It's a distinct possibility .

Jesus Christ!!! I've just logged on and the 1st three threads I look through are dominated by chaddathon bitchin sessions with the same few poop stirers sticking their 2 penny's worth into the discussions\argument for no other reason than to further ignite the bitcyness.

Fair to say I like good bit of bickering at times, but at least try and had some how humour in! What I'm reading is just vindictive and boring.

And your sticking what in exactly .. Need to reaplly the ignore button .

Go on then Mr happy .

It's 2015/16 season fast forward . We are now 110 million in debt and rising , we have sold gestede , Marshall , Lowe , killa and rhodes , crowds are at 7000 , we are under embargo , Varney and brown have yet to score and were near the bottom .... Are you still feeling the love ?

Far fetched ? It's a distinct possibility .

And your sticking what in exactly .. Need to reaplly the ignore button .

Thought I was the miserable one Abbs.

He's said absolutely nothing that deserves that responce Stuart, maybe it's you that has the problem not Chaddy.

Mercer has been on the wind up for a while now, maybe you've just backed the wrong horse.

Sir Galahad rides to the rescue on his white charger once more! He's a wind up merchant GAV and you back him every time.

Not at all Stuart. Not looking for any kind of reactions at all. Dont see how you can to the conclusions anyway.

Standard Chaddy denial.

Sir Galahad rides to the rescue on his white charger once more! He's a wind up merchant GAV and you back him every time.

Standard Chaddy denial.

Try not mentioning his name in a post or referring to him for 24 hours. I would say that about a few people on here not just you Al, it is making it difficult to follow threads and converse in 'debate'

Archived