BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Eric KInder appointed the new head of Rovers academy

Thought I was the miserable one Abbs.

Moaners , tremblers , whingers or whatever ha

I'd say realist .

Try not mentioning his name in a post or referring to him for 24 hours. I would say that about a few people on here not just you Al, it is making it difficult to follow threads and converse in 'debate'

Who you on about?

• Replies 129
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Arsenal have Andries Jonker as their Academy Manager - just look at that guy's CV.

They also now have Thierry Henry helping out with their Academy teams whilst he does his badges.

We have 'Eric' and I don't mean Cantona.

Now tell me, what type of set-up are aspiring youngsters more likely to turn to !?!?

I know we are unable to employ the likes of Jonker but you go for the very best you can and forget the rest. IMV, Kinder would be close to the very bottom of any list of prospective Academy Managers.

Its a bit like when Matt Derbyshire came through the ranks from Great Harwood. Nice story, local lad we all hoped would do well but heart of hearts we all probably knew it wouldn't happen because basically had he been any good , he wouldn't have had the CV coming into us that he had. Bit the same with Kinder. Probably a good lad with his badges trying his nuts off to do well but ultimately well short of what we really need to get to where we should and want to be.

Mercer referred to it earlier as ''dumbing down'' and I am struggling to explain it any better than that. It is consistent with everything else , I will give them that but this is Nob End in the making at any number of levels you want to talk about.

Third rate Chief execs, management and Board will normally provide third rate businesses and to me that is pretty well what we have going on at Ewood these days.

As for Chaddy......90 minutes at Anfield wipes out months of tedious under peformance in the league. Will season ticket sales thrive on the back of that or a promotion charge?????

The players I mentioned, Shaun, are around 17 years old apart from Raya who is about 19/20 and still rather young for a goalkeeper. They show great promise, but clearly, as you say, anything Blackburn Rovers related really doesn't interest you.

If that reply was aimed at me then you've misquoted me. I said I'm only interested in producing players to play for us. I'm not interested in producing players to play elsewhere, although that is obviously a natural side effect as everyone isn't going to make it here though.

What's the point in only producing players who get loaned out or sold elsewhere though. You might as well not have an Academy.

Again, Mercerman, all speculation. You don't know the shortlist, you don't know how well qualified Eric is and above all you don't know what plans he has for the future development of the Academy.

At the end of the day Shaun we come from two different viewpoints and I'll accept that we need to agree to disagree and move on.

I do know that Rovers could have appointed a top class candidate - this was a sought after position. IMV, they've ended up with a third rater.

Paper qualifications are a base only and not sure what licence he has anyway. Whatever 'qualifications' 'Eric' has got, they haven't taken him anywhere until now have they.

As for plans, I wish I had a £thousand for every business man I have come across who had a sure-fire plan and then failed miserably to implement it - I would be in happy retirement by now !

I think your support and loyalty is admirable Parsonblue but in today's cut throat world, loyalty, 'trying your best' and 'Rovers through and through' is simply not enough. It you haven't got the talent then move over.

Dumbing down sums it up perfectly. Mercerman is absolutely spot on.

Simple questions.

Is Gary Bowyer the most suitably qualified person for the managerial position at the Rovers when selecting from a world-wide audience?

Is Eric Kinder the most suitably qualified person for his position at the Rovers when selecting from a world-wide audience?

Lets keep the fact they are 'Rovers through and through' out of it as though that actually means anything. Lets also keep the fact they are 'really decent' blokes out of it as well. And if they share the same milkman or both like UB40 perhaps we can ignore that also.

I doubt anyone will answer positively. Yet I sit here day after day as people try and explain away how Bowyer is doing a very good job under such trying and testing circumstances. A job he shouldn't be in, with mates left, right and centre hanging on his every word, supported by higher management who are scared to say boo and owners who care more about how well his wife is, than our current league position.

'Trying and testing circumstances', achieving millionaire status, whilst working for and with your mates, to zero expectation or targets. Tough gig indeed.

I do know that Rovers could have appointed a top class candidate - this was a sought after position. IMV, they've ended up with a third rater.

Paper qualifications are a base only and not sure what licence he has anyway. Whatever 'qualifications' 'Eric' has got, they haven't taken him anywhere until now have they.

As for plans, I wish I had a £thousand for every business man I have come across who had a sure-fire plan and then failed miserably to implement it - I would be in happy retirement by now !

I think your support and loyalty is admirable Parsonblue but in today's cut throat world, loyalty, 'trying your best' and 'Rovers through and through' is simply not enough. It you haven't got the talent then move over.

Why aren't you in Football management MM? With all your self proclaimed knowledge of the Football world and BRFC in particular surely you are doing us all a disservice by not "Righting wrongs" and putting us back in the premiership?

Why aren't you in Football management MM? With all your self proclaimed knowledge of the Football world and BRFC in particular surely you are doing us all a disservice by not "Righting wrongs" and putting us back in the premiership?

Each man to his own !

Only a fool would buy that Kinder was best available option.

It's the Venkys way, cheapest easy option but let's not take anything away from Kinder, he's certainly served his time and is a Rover through and through which counts for a lot in my book.

Not aimed at you Mercer but we have a pattern on here of berating any decision made by the club these days and with good reason in some cases.

Gestedes signing was hammered by many on here. Kilgallon the same, Baptiste and Duffy too, it's just the way things are on here these days.

Bottom line is we know nothing about football in reality, that's why we're factory and office workers and not employed in professional football.

Kinder is the least of our problems in the grand scheme of things, move on.

If that reply was aimed at me then you've misquoted me. I said I'm only interested in producing players to play for us. I'm not interested in producing players to play elsewhere, although that is obviously a natural side effect as everyone isn't going to make it here though.

What's the point in only producing players who get loaned out or sold elsewhere though. You might as well not have an Academy.

I watch a lot of Academy and Reserve (or Under-21 as it now is) football Rev whenever first team commitments allow. I often look back at the teamsheets for those games and you'd be amazed at just how few players actually make it no matter which club they play for. When Jack initially funded the setting up of the Academy the idea was that those players who weren't good enough for the Rovers would be sold to Football League clubs. The idea would have been perfect but when the ITV deal with the Football League crashed, clubs suddenly couldn't afford to pay Premier League clubs decent fees for lads. At the moment Lowe, Hanley, Henley, Olsson - Martin and Marcus - Jones have come through in recent years and Martin Olsson and Phil Jones brought the club decent money when they were sold. You are never going to get a team of home grown talent but if you can bring two or three through who become senior first team players it is worth the effort.

That's where we differ Mercerman because I believe that Bowyer and Eric have both got talent.

That's where we differ Mercerman because I believe that Bowyer and Eric have both got talent.

Then we will continue to beg to differ.

Your support for the club is quite remarkable. That is a compliment.

Moaners , tremblers , whingers or whatever ha

I'd say realist .

Who you on about?

Read through the thread, every thread. It becomes obvious. I rarely post anymore as there is little debate and lots of personal attacks.

Know nothing about Kinder, however will say this. I much prefer someone who loves the club at the cluB. Rather than Agnew and Co.

Now Carlisle aren't doing great, but Kinder did do a good job up there. He brought through several players who will be championship standard IMO in Potts and Gillespie, as well as a further 6 who are league 1 or 2 squad players. For a league 1 club (as they were when he was there) that's pretty good going. Even more impressive given prior to that Carlisle had produced only 1 player for the first team squad in the past 3 or 4 years.

Could we have done better. Probably. Is he the worst we could get - not a chance. Far from a bad appointment, and as others have said in the grand scheme of things doesn't even make the list of problems.

I thought this was a basket case club, about to be put into administration or worse, given that Rhodes was going to be sold for three million in each of the last four windows because the owners were skint. Every recent appointment has been rubbish; the manager is hopeless; the MD is a spineless, impotent clown etc etc. Surely these top class applicants you have in mind would consider these facts which you have been repeating on a daily basis? After all, if they are top class, they will have choices as to where to work.

To lift a bit of the gloom on here, I'd love to hear all the positive factors that made this such a sought after position for ex premier league managers and people who could work at Arsenal.

I watch a lot of Academy and Reserve (or Under-21 as it now is) football Rev whenever first team commitments allow. I often look back at the teamsheets for those games and you'd be amazed at just how few players actually make it no matter which club they play for. When Jack initially funded the setting up of the Academy the idea was that those players who weren't good enough for the Rovers would be sold to Football League clubs. The idea would have been perfect but when the ITV deal with the Football League crashed, clubs suddenly couldn't afford to pay Premier League clubs decent fees for lads. At the moment Lowe, Hanley, Henley, Olsson - Martin and Marcus - Jones have come through in recent years and Martin Olsson and Phil Jones brought the club decent money when they were sold. You are never going to get a team of home grown talent but if you can bring two or three through who become senior first team players it is worth it.

I take your point Parson but were the 2 Olsson's academy products or bought in from elsewhere? I thought it was the latter but I may be wrong. Similarly I think I'm right in saying Grant Hanley was a product of the Crewe Alexandra set up. Jones fair enough, he's the second real superstar to emerge through the ranks after Duff but overall I don't think the output from the Academy has been anywhere near good enough. At Championship level we should be capable of bringing through plenty of players to challenge for first team spots instead of wasting money signing garbage like Varney and Brown.

Simple questions.

Is Gary Bowyer the most suitably qualified person for the managerial position at the Rovers when selecting from a world-wide audience?

Is Eric Kinder the most suitably qualified person for his position at the Rovers when selecting from a world-wide audience?

Lets keep the fact they are 'Rovers through and through' out of it as though that actually means anything. Lets also keep the fact they are 'really decent' blokes out of it as well. And if they share the same milkman or both like UB40 perhaps we can ignore that also.

I doubt anyone will answer positively. Yet I sit here day after day as people try and explain away how Bowyer is doing a very good job under such trying and testing circumstances. A job he shouldn't be in, with mates left, right and centre hanging on his every word, supported by higher management who are scared to say boo and owners who care more about how well his wife is, than our current league position.

'Trying and testing circumstances', achieving millionaire status, whilst working for and with your mates, to zero expectation or targets. Tough gig indeed.

And all being allowed to happen, because we have owners who don't give toss and live 5000 miles away, and like to stay at home.

Welcome to the " Brockhall Holiday Camp "

" Fill your boots lads, but don't rock the boat "

Excellent post !

Simple questions.

Have yourself a bacon roll.

Succinctly put and so accurate it's like you have a feed straight into Shelfie's subjugated conscience.

To include the Ollson's with the likes of Jones, Lowe, Hanley and Henley as products of the Rovers Academy is IMO stretching credibility a bit.

They were scouted by Rovers and arrived at Rovers in their late teens from a background in football gained in Sweden. The Ollson's success is a tribute to Rovers scouting at the time as much as the Academy.

Lowe on the other hand went into the Academy at something like age 12 or younger and still finds it hard to pass forward.

• Moderation Lead

Mercer you also said that Bowyer was poor as academy coach, despite Hughes and Allardyce being happy to employ him.

But I'm sure you know best...

Mercer you also said that Bowyer was poor as academy coach, despite Hughes and Allardyce being happy to employ him.

But I'm sure you know best...

Until recently, the Academy was outside the manager's remit so not sure what either Hughes or Sam thought - instigated by John Williams.

Have flagged before, after Bowyer arrived from Derby, there was a school of thought that Rovers' youngsters did too much 'gym work' and there was too much emphasis on physique rather than technical ability. As a frequent visitor to Brockhall for Academy games in those days, it is a thought I would concur with.

Try not mentioning his name in a post or referring to him for 24 hours. I would say that about a few people on here not just you Al, it is making it difficult to follow threads and converse in 'debate'

Perhaps if Chaddy stopped the wind ups the rest of us would not need to reply to him.

We've moved on, maybe you should to :tu:

No you haven't. It's still the same tedious defence of the undefensive.

Perhaps if Chaddy stopped the wind ups the rest of us would not need to reply to him.

No you haven't. It's still the same tedious defence of the undefensive.

Have you not thought maybe you are being over sensitive? Put him on ignore or just ignore it.

His dyslexia doesn't help with this coherency. Its just every thread people wait on him to say something and then pounce...then the 'only joking Chaddy' line. I would much rather debate issues rather than the man.

Archived