BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Academy & U21s

1 hour ago, rigger said:

What are you basing your judgement on. Have you seen him ( the ex Everton youngster ) play ?  

No I haven't seen him play but read a couple of articles on him, but basing on him playing for Everton and I don't think Pike will break through here sadly cos pre covid/lockdown I thought he would be. 

44 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

It would be a major concern if we went into a season with an expectation of our first choice right back being someone who has never kicked a ball in professional football. When Nyambe goes we must replace him.

Was Brown playing professional football in Ireland before joining here?

5 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

No I haven't seen him play but read a couple of articles on him, but basing on him playing for Everton and I don't think Pike will break through here sadly cos pre covid/lockdown I thought he would be. 

Was Brown playing professional football in Ireland before joining here?

Did you read the article saying he hasn't played much this season at any level due to a re-occuring back injury ?

Eastham sent off in the last minute, he came out and caught the ball but he lead with an extended foot. the ref has given a penalty. 4-1. I think it was a penalty, but you do see on a regular basis keepers coming out with their leg leading.

• Like 1

Finally got my friend who works at AFC Fylde to get me some feedback on how Pike is doing.

Dan Pike: solid defender but seemed nervous when playing and unsure on what to do on the ball when going forward and never had a stand out game but never really had a poor game at the same time

That's from one of the academy players at Fylde.

• Like 1

Great for the young lads. With the 18's coming through hopefully next season can be even better for them. Think Isaac Whitehall's imminent return will help them, he's a quality player.

Good to see Sam Barnes play and score, albeit, only his 6th or something appearance of the season. I see that Goddard from the U18s was in goal with Stergiakis on the bench. The game-by-game rotation of the goalie continues to surprise me. It suggests little or no confidence at all in Stergiakis who is ostensibly 3rd choice at the club and was brought in with a transfer fee from Slavia Sofia. An attempt to evade some sort of appearance fee? I can't understand why the club don't select a No.3 and consistently play him to compete with Pears.

Edited by riverholmes

6 hours ago, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

Well there’s a No2 shirt waiting for somebody next season.

I'd prefer it was someone who had been kept from playing for the first team for the last 6 months even when we had no right backs left at all.

That's not a comment on the player himself, just that he can't be trusted much and I'd rather know what we were getting before relying on him to replace Nyambe and Zeefuik.