BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Academy & U21s

The people at the club never really know what is happening so how anybody on here does is a bit fanciful.

Best to file this stuff under 'we want to develop the Riverside' and 'we are getting a new pitch', oh and 'the owners want promotion'

It's called playing to the gallery.

• Like 1

16 hours ago, rigger said:

A hard game tomorrow for the U23s against wet spam.

Not that hard Rigger. Won 2-0 with goals from Vale after 4 mins and Brennan after 94. 8 unbeaten and the form team in the league with 4 wins and a draw in the last 5.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, only2garners said:

Not that hard Rigger. Won 2-0 with goals from Vale after 4 mins and Brennan after 94. 8 unbeaten and the form team in the league with 4 wins and a draw in the last 5.

A good win, I was disappointed with west ham in the first half. We were never under pressure. Second half was totally different with west ham going more direct. I was impressed with the Greek lad in goals, he controlled the box, Batty and Wharton showed well, with plenty of aggression. It was a battling performance, which saw west ham reduced to trying dirty tactics. A thoroughly entertaining game. Longelo the west ham left-back looked a good player. 

Edited by rigger

8 hours ago, JoeH said:

Cat 1 status confirmed for next 3 years. Where on earth did downgrading rumours come from?!

Good news for club and the future of our academy. Producing our own players is vital for the future of club and we keep investing in the academy. 

I was surprised by these rumours cos the academy cat 1 stats has always been maintained. over the Venkys years

2 hours ago, rigger said:

A good win, I was disappointed with west ham in the first half. We were never under pressure. Second half was totally different with west ham going more direct. I was impressed with the Greek lad in goals, he controlled the box, Batty and Wharton showed well, with plenty of aggression. It was a battling performance, which saw west ham reduced to trying dirty tactics. A thoroughly entertaining game. Longelo the west ham left-back looked a good player. 

Thanks for that summary. Also do you see Adam Wharton breaking into the first team next season or season after? What was you impress by his game in the game today? 

29 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

Good news for club and the future of our academy. Producing our own players is vital for the future of club and we keep investing in the academy. 

I was surprised by these rumours cos the academy cat 1 stats has always been maintained. over the Venkys years

Thanks for that summary. Also do you see Adam Wharton breaking into the first team next season or season after? What was you impress by his game in the game today? 

I can see Wharton eventually breaking into the first team as a central midfielder. When that will be I would not like to say. What I like about him the most, is his ability to quickly see a simple ball when under pressure and give it. He is quite strong and very tenacious. Rarely gives a bad ball, or loses possession. 

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, rigger said:

If a right-back he will be behind Cirano and Pike. 

That's a presumption surely? Maybe he is better than them.

I'm not sure Pike is going to make it here unfortunately, after some rave reviews in the past. He doesn't seem to have set the Conference North on fire. I know he's not going to be bagging goals from RB and I know he has played pretty regularly, but I'd expect to have heard Fylde were very happy with him if he was even another year away from a breakthrough here. Not heard a peep.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, bluebruce said:

That's a presumption surely? Maybe he is better than them.

I'm not sure Pike is going to make it here unfortunately, after some rave reviews in the past. He doesn't seem to have set the Conference North on fire. I know he's not going to be bagging goals from RB and I know he has played pretty regularly, but I'd expect to have heard Fylde were very happy with him if he was even another year away from a breakthrough here. Not heard a peep.

I will not come to an opinion about any player until I have seen them play. But as an u18, I personally think he will be behind Cirano and Pike for the U23 right-back position. It is only an opinion. He may well be better than the two that I mentioned, but he will have to prove it. I doubt Everton are letting him go because they see a future for him at their club.  

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, rigger said:

I will not come to an opinion about any player until I have seen them play. But as an u18, I personally think he will be behind Cirano and Pike for the U23 right-back position. It is only an opinion. He may well be better than the two that I mentioned, but he will have to prove it. I doubt Everton are letting him go because they see a future for him at their club.  

He is 18 rather than u18. He has played some games for Everton u23, so I reckon he is being seen as competition for the other two. I bet one of the three gets loaned out, or released.

2 minutes ago, bluebruce said:

He is 18 rather than u18. He has played some games for Everton u23, so I reckon he is being seen as competition for the other two. I bet one of the three gets loaned out, or released.

If the new lad turns out to be any good, I can see Pike being released.

• Like 1

Not sure if mentioned before but just read that Tyler Magloire's Northampton loan spell was disrupted by a dislocated shoulder. It's sad news after him doing quite well over there and soon to be looking for a new club when his contract expires. I hope it heals fully as I have heard that it's the type of injury that can persist.

Edited by riverholmes
  • Like 4

23 hours ago, rigger said:

If a right-back he will be behind Cirano and Pike. 

I think he will be ahead of bot of these. I think James Brown will be in the first team squad next season. Maybe even first choice. 

We also been linked with promising young player https://c.newsnow.co.uk/A/1124506100?-11198:839

4 hours ago, riverholmes said:

Not sure if mentioned before but just read that Tyler Magloire's Northampton loan spell was disrupted by a dislocated shoulder. It's sad news after him doing quite well over there and soon to be looking for a new club when his contract expires. I hope it heals fully as I have heard that it's the type of injury that can persist.

Magloire has been linked with these Scottish Clubs

https://c.newsnow.co.uk/A/1124522412?-11198:839

2 hours ago, chaddyrovers said:

I think he will be ahead of bot of these. I think James Brown will be in the first team squad next season. Maybe even first choice. 

We also been linked with promising young player https://c.newsnow.co.uk/A/1124506100?-11198:839

What are you basing your judgement on. Have you seen him ( the ex Everton youngster ) play ?  

Edited by rigger

2 hours ago, chaddyrovers said:

It would be a major concern if we went into a season with an expectation of our first choice right back being someone who has never kicked a ball in professional football. When Nyambe goes we must replace him.

• Like 2

21 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

It would be a major concern if we went into a season with an expectation of our first choice right back being someone who has never kicked a ball in professional football. When Nyambe goes we must replace him.

My bigger worry would be his injury record, at whatever level he is playing for our club.

Edited by rigger
  • Like 1