BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Blackburn Rovers v Liverpool QF Replay - 8th April 2015

• Replies 635
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Why doesn't he work on his speed and fitness? He's on top money and has all the resources available to him. Just seems to be getting slower.

He put in the miles tonight, nothing wrong with his fitness, the tactics and service are cr@p, that's the problem.

cant believe so many people joined in chanting 'gary bowyers blue and white army' what planet are these people living on(one that doesn't have access to a league table or our results history under super gb I assume)

Possibly the 10,000 that don't attend any league games?

• Backroom

I do think although there is a lot of pride around at the moment, when the adrenaline wears Off there will be more disappointment we weren't a little braver in our big chance.

Realistically we set out for penalties and it worked for a while but it was always going to be game over if we made a mistake.

Going gung ho would have been suicide but there is a middle ground.

Maybe if the attacking midfielders weren't poor it would have been a different story

Rhodes grafted like @#/? to night, but he's never going to score if the rest of the team don't get the ball to him in dangerous areas, brilliant team performance until they scored, we pretty much bottled it for the most part after that and where lucky not to go on and concede more, Eastwood yet again was very good all round(absolute @#/? take that he never gets a league start) and the entire backline was excellent

Why doesn't he work on his speed and fitness? He's on top money and has all the resources available to him. Just seems to be getting slower.

Because Brockhall is a holiday camp? What players have truly improved this season? Henley and Olsson maybe? Marshall has proven he's an inconsistent winger (who cost £1mill... super shrewd Bowyer ey?) who looks slower and less effective by the week. Conway has lost most of his great attributes. Cairney shows his undoubted quality on the ball but always serious question marks on his overall fitness, as there is with 90% of our team. Rudy only looks decent because the ball is ALWAYS played in the air and he's more than likely to beat a defender to it. I don't think Bowyer and his coaching staff have improved anything about the majority of the individuals in this squad and certainly haven't improved them as a collective.

I think that's the problem. We aren't a good team. I think Rhodes would do well in a good attacking team with some pace - and decent wide men. The way we play just doesn't suit him..............and after seeing Rudy and him together several times - it seriously just doesn't work. Rudy will be gone in the summer so it doesn't really matter - but he'd be well suited to playing with a faster player. There's no point in winning the first ball if the 2nd ball invariably goes begging.

Spot on. Rhodes isn't suited to the negative nothing football we play. You could put anyone in the world under 6'5 up top for us and they'd look poor.

cant believe so many people joined in chanting 'gary bowyers blue and white army' what planet are these people living on(one that doesn't have access to a league table or our results history under super gb I assume)

FOR ONCE I AGREE WITH YOU

A great effort , after a shaky opening 20 minutes we settled okay and to a man they gave their all .

Eastwood didn't have to much to do which is a great complement to the rest of the team .

Henley was oustanding and his performance against Sterling would certainly have put his name on a few managers lips as the summer approaches. He was superb .

Baptiste IMO has had one hell of a season and was throwing his body at everything , like Hendry did all those years ago . I'd certainly hope we sign him in the summer .

Kilgallon had a poor game IMO , distribution was very poor and was got out of jail a number of times by last ditch tackles from team mates .

Further around the pitch , there was plenty of effort, although the gulf in quality between the the two teams was evident as we lacked composure on the ball and struggled to retain possession as Liverpool pressed us hard .

A 1-0 defeat is no disgrace , on another night we may have caused an upset , but now we move on and await the summer to see what personnel are retained

There's no use hoofing the ball up the field to Rhodes, because he just doesn't win the headers, whereas Gestede usually does. Fair play to us though, we kept going until the final whistle blew and they certainly did me proud.

People keep saying bring Mahoney?

Has he been playing well for reserves/under 21's side?

Simple answer chaddy is that he has been fairly indifferent this season. He is certainly not a speed merchant. I thought we did as well as we could expected tonight with the injury situation. Two games against Liverpool and to only go out to an odd goal is a terrific effort from all concerned. I think there are a number of positives for the future, not least the improvement which Adam Henley has shown after finally overcoming a series of niggling injuries earlier in the season. He and Olsson look a fine full back pairing for the future - very reminiscent of Hird and Bailey the way they get forward. Terrific crowd and atmosphere.

LOSING AINT TERRIFIC

The effort put in was terrific if not the result. Considering the gulf between the two sides the two games were a superb effort from all concerned, especially when you take into consideration all the injuries. Still, there is always Reading on Saturday to look forward to. There's always another game, always another season, hope springs eternal.

ABBEY....... Just because we lost the match doesn't mean we didn't have a good go. You've got to remember that we were against one of the best teams in England, whilst we are just a Championship side, and only conceded a single goal, which, while it was enough to knock us out of the FA Cup, our performance was hardly unworthy of appreciation as we defended and played pretty well on the whole.

The effort put in was terrific if not the result. Considering the gulf between the two sides the two games were a superb effort from all concerned, especially when you take into consideration all the injuries. Still, there is always Reading on Saturday to look forward to. There's always another game, always another season, hope springs eternal.

I REALLY DO DESPAIR....GULF? WHOSE FAULT? ANOTHER GAME ? WHO CARES

ABBEY....... Just because we lost the match doesn't mean we didn't have a good go. You've got to remember that we were against one of the best teams in England, whilst we are just a Championship side, and only conceded a single goal, which, while it was enough to knock us out of the FA Cup, our performance was hardly unworthy of appreciation as we defended and played pretty well on the whole.

OH OK HAPPY AT LOSING = LOSER

Strange night and opportunity missed.

First half was a non-event bar Rhodes' header which he should have buried. For a cup q/f under lights, Ewood not the cauldron I thought it might be in the first half.

Make no mistake, Liverpool were there for the taking - their fans weren't their usual cocky selves.

Really, think only back five and Williamson came out with credit.

Our big guns (Conway, Marshall, Cairney and Rhodes) didn't fire.

Rhodes limitations shown. Big headed chance missed, chronic lack of pace (couldn't even get round the cart horse Toure - early second half chance) and sleeping for Liverpool goal. M'boro must be breathing sigh of relief.

The dream is over.

Now can we get a 'real' manager.

Good idea. Who do you suggest? This should be funny cos all your previous suggestions have bombed... You salivated over Coyle and Freedman at Bolton and they bombed. tbh if I wanted advice on a managerial appointment you would be the last person that I'd look to for advice.... Oh and only just noticed, the second would be Preston Blue.

WHO CARESOH OK HAPPY AT LOSING = LOSER

I'm not saying that losing is satisfying, but the thing is, We're not a Premiership side anymore, and to draw away and lose by a SINGLE GOAL at home and for you to not be satisfied with the effort and performance we put in is incredibly selfish of you. Who do you think we are, ABBEY? The champions of Europe? We're only a Championship club, and to come this far is impressive enough - no one expected us to do so.

Classic Rovers - just like the 1970s and 1980s when we had a cup game against a "big" club with a full house at Ewood only to lose by the odd goal. Think Soton and Nottm Forest.

We were undone by one moment of class and lack of concentration by our players.

Again, we played too deep, especially in the 2nd half.

I hope I'm worong but Bowyer isn't the manager to get us out of this division, except down to the 3rd division.

Sad night. I was looking forward to a Wembley trip. We need better.

Played too deep because Rhodes was up top and simply cannot hold the ball up to relieve pressure at the back. Premier league teams spot a weakness and capitalise on it. Lpool had no fear of him breaking away with pace so their defenders pushed right up and squeezed us into our half. The minute that I knew King and to a lesser extent Gestede weren't fit to play from the off was the minute that I knew our chance had flown out of the window.

Yup, Marshall & Conway had both faded, not that they were on top form to begin with. It wouldn't have hurt to throw on someone like Mahoney to inject some energy as the game fizzled out. Bowyer seems to wanna wrap his young charges in cotton wool, though.

Conway had been subbed. :rolleyes: Have you only got a portable 13" tele or similar?

I'm not saying that losing is satisfying, but the thing is, We're not a Premiership side anymore, and to draw away and lose by a SINGLE GOAL at home and for you to not be satisfied with the effort and performance we put in is incredibly selfish of you. Who do you think we are, ABBEY? The champions of Europe? We're only a Championship club, and to come this far is impressive enough - no one expected us to do so.

HA ...IM A FAN WHO WENT TO TRELLEBORG AND FULLFILLED ULTIMATE DREAM OF WATCHING ROVERS IN EUROPE....IM A FAN WHO HAS SEEN VENKYS DRY BUM US....SCUM

Very proud to be a Rover tonight. Great atmosphere and against some very good players the commitment of all our lads was tremendous.

How good was Henley!? Sterling is some player but Henley stuck to him like a limpit. Quick strong and positionally excellent. give him a new contract quick. Ollson again was very good, as was Baptiste. Kilgallon was also very solid if a bit loose with his distribution.

Williamson held the midfield together and although he is capable of some glaring errors he does a great job shielding the defense. I don't know what to think of Evans, he always seems to flit around on the edges of the game., Cairney and Marshall worked hard but flatter to deceive. Conway didn't look match fit.

Rhodes got absolutely no service but his lack of pace means he is ineffective as the lone frontman. He always works hard though and came into more when Rudy came on.

Thought Bowyer got it spot on, if we'd gone 4-4-2 from the start we would have been exposed. Our lack of pace up top probably did for us in the end.

Anyway, nice to see Ewood full and over 2 games we didn't deserve to lose.

HA ...IM A FAN WHO WENT TO TRELLEBORG AND FULLFILLED ULTIMATE DREAM OF WATCHING ROVERS IN EUROPE....IM A FAN WHO HAS SEEN VENKYS DRY BUM US....SCUM

And we are where we are at the moment, I was there when Venkys arrived, and they have done nothing good with the club since they bought it, but to achieve these two results against Liverpool is more than satisfactory. Also, must you write every single post in capital letters?

Archived