BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Blackburn Rovers v Liverpool QF Replay - 8th April 2015

Very proud of the performance tonight.

Bowyer got his tactics spot on tonight.

Henley was outstanding tonight. Kilgallon was good. Hope he gets a new contract.

Marshall, Cairney and Conway poor tonight

?? Kilgallon simply cannot pass to a player wearing the same coloured shirt as him. His distribution is awful and as such gifts possession to the opposition and invites pressure from them.

Henley and Olsson need replacing if we are to improve. Star men tonight were Williamson and Baptiste whilst in fairness Henley did a good job at stifling the mercurial Sterling.

• Replies 635
  • Created
  • Last Reply

And we are where we are at the moment, I was there when Venkys arrived, and they have done nothing good with the club since they bought it, but to achieve these two results against Liverpool is more than satisfactory. Also, must you write every single post in capital letters?

10 POSTS AND YOU QUESTION ME...GET IN LINE...I WAS THERE BEFORE NOBBERS LAST BEAT US.. AND ?

Played too deep because Rhodes was up top and simply cannot hold the ball up to relieve pressure at the back. Premier league teams spot a weakness and capitalise on it. Lpool had no fear of him breaking away with pace so their defenders pushed right up and squeezed us into our half. The minute that I knew King and to a lesser extent Gestede weren't fit to play from the off was the minute that I knew our chance had flown out of the window.

Conway had been subbed. :rolleyes: Have you only got a portable 13" tele or similar?

We know Rhodes can't play like that and we've seen it time and again this season, Rudy is the man for that tactic but he wasn't deemed fit to start so the question why keep playing tactics suited to Rudy when he's not in the side ???? If there is no other option then tactics must be altered to suit who's playing but why aren't they. Is it because Rhodes can only play one way or the coaching staff can only coach one bog standard style of play ?

10 POSTS AND YOU QUESTION ME...GET IN LINE...I WAS THERE BEFORE NOBBERS LAST BEAT US.. AND ?

All that I'm saying is that Rovers did ME proud this match, that's the original post that I made, i never said they did YOU proud. Can I not be entitled to my own opinion around here? I was just expressing my feeling after the match, not intending to cause an argument.

Haven't got any complaints regarding the result. They were the better team by far. We didn't really do enough up front but considering the injuries, I don't think you could blame anyone for that.

The back 4 and Williamson were brilliant. Marshall and Conway were poor and Rhodes was ineffective. Gestede made a big difference, just a shame that he could only last half an hour.

Don't think you could blame Bowyer for the lack of subs, we only had kids on the bench.

We held our own, weren't humiliated and managed to fill Ewood for the first time in years. Decent effort. Don't think we could have done any better with the players we had available.

Spot on.

Was really miffed with the amount of local Liverpool fans in our end; was dying to give them a few slaps!

Loads in the Riverside, near me.

Was also kind of non plussed by the glory hunting Rovers fans that turned up today.

They've turned their back on the club, and I support anyone who makes a moral stand, if that's what they believe in.

But to end their exile for 1 glamour game is suspect.

Let's hope a good number return and give similar support.

Apologies for being a little morbid, but tonight really drove home our demise.

Credit to every single Rovers player tonight. Even those who didn't shine, ran themselves into the ground and were prepared to give their all to protect our goal.

Adam Henley was out of this world. He's really come into his own recently, and looks a star in the making.

I cannot shake the fear that this could be the last huge game staged at Ewood.

To think that Bowyer was leaving Henley out when fit despite coming in and doing ok and generally pissing about with the right back slot just like he did last season just sums up this season. Fair play he's kept the lad in but that's mainly because of the injury situation. Really hope he can kick on now and become consistent, leave him in ffs Gaz.

To think that Bowyer was leaving Henley out when fit despite coming in and doing ok and generally pissing about with the right back slot just like he did last season just sums up this season. Fair play he's kept the lad in but that's mainly because of the injury situation. Really hope he can kick on now and become consistent, leave him in ffs Gaz.

I wonder what'll happen when Lowe returns

Loads in the Riverside, near me.

Was also kind of non plussed by the glory hunting Rovers fans that turned up today.

They've turned their back on the club, and I support anyone who makes a moral stand, if that's what they believe in.

But to end their exile for 1 glamour game is suspect.

Let's hope a good number return and give similar support.

Apologies for being a little morbid, but tonight really drove home our demise.

Credit to every single Rovers player tonight. Even those who didn't shine, ran themselves into the ground and were prepared to give their all to protect our goal.

Adam Henley was out of this world. He's really come into his own recently, and looks a star in the making.

I cannot shake the fear that this could be the last huge game staged at Ewood.

Obviously you missed the Full Members cup final in '87 whwn close on 30000 made the trip to Wembley and 22000 were never seen again until we were promoted to the Prem.... Oh! and the Monday night special in May 95 when the team paraded the Prem Trophy to a PACKED Ewood Park. Glory hunters is right.

Henley was embarrassingly bad last year at this time. Only fair Bowyer sidelined him whilst he built his confidence up. Criticise only where it's valid and deserving please tomphil.

My ears were ringing tonight because of the noise. Far too loud. Can't wait to get back to 10K crowds.

Nearly two hours locked in the BBE car park after the game. What's that all about? What was going on?

Just lacking a bit of class and guile going forward along with some pace.

They were masters at going down and winning free kicks at the slightest touch. Is this what all the millions buys?

If he isn't a real option he shouldn't be on the bench. The horrific reactions from some who think it ridiculous to bring on one of our very few attacking options FROM THE BENCH CHOSEN BY THE MANAGER when we are 1-0 down in the last 5 minutes of the final meaningful game of the season are frankly laughable.

Mahoney is on the bench due to players being injured and cup tied NOT because he has been outstanding for under 21's. Read ParsonBlue opinion on his performance this season.

I thought Henley was a weak link last season and also wouldn't have had much faith in him as a manager. I have been pleasantly surprised by his form this season though

HOW DID BOWYER GET IT SPOT ON ? WE LOST

Abbey, the tactics were spot on. We deny them space in between the defence and midfield most times.

Liverpool scored one goal and that was poor defending by Rhodes who should track his run tbh.

Can't remember Eastwood having a save to make 2nd half tbh.

Bowyer was positive by being on Gestede and going 4-4-2 being more attacking.

• Moderation Lead

To be fair, many were slagging off Henley when he was put back in the side this season....

WELL CAPS ARE MINE,, IF YOUR PROUD AT LOSING ..GOOD FOR YOU

You can't win every match Abbey, and over the years there have been many games - long before Venkys arrived - when we have been proud of the club in defeat. This, was surely one of those games. But its gone and now it's about moving on and the future which begins with the next game.

Having had to put up with Michael Owen on BT sport I'm still narked. For all our huff and puff we never really looked like we'd be troubling ticketmaster for Wembley

And I just dont get the King obsession. There is a strange occurence with Rovers fans where injured players become world beaters purely through not playing and the rest of the team playing crap. Kalinic was the same and he couldnt trap a bag of cement but was lorded as the second coming of Paulo Rossi in his absence. Corry Evans became the irish Claude Makalele last season when injured even though when he's on the pitch he makes nicky reid and john millar seem dynamic

To think many people on this forum called Henley prior to his recent up turn in form - and many also said Lowe wad our best bet for right back. IMO Henley struggles at times against the more physical play in the Championship - but has had a good run in the team lately.

Stunning effort from the players, really worked their socks off.

To me we lost the game after their goal when we switched to 4-4-2 with Rhodes and Gestede up front. Prior to this at least one of them was dropping back into the midfield to help out, more like a 4-4-1-1 but as soon as we went 4-4-2 there was far too much space in midfield and Liverpool were able to make their possession count. It was even more foolish given that it exposed Williamson's lack of speed, and along with Marshall and Cairney left us lightweight in midfield. At 4-5-1/4-4-1-1 we seemed to be having a bit more of the ball, but equally not allowing Liverpool too much either.

Encouraging to see such a great performance, Henley, Baptiste and Williamson particularly stood out. If we put that much effort in in the league, we'd be comfortably top 6.

• Backroom

Abbey, the tactics were spot on. We deny them space in between the defence and midfield most times.

Liverpool scored one goal and that was poor defending by Rhodes who should track his run tbh.

Can't remember Eastwood having a save to make 2nd half tbh.

Bowyer was positive by being on Gestede and going 4-4-2 being more attacking.

They scored in the second half - that's having a save to make he just couldn't do it due to a very good finish.

If Mahoney had come on and set up a goal last night you would be gushing in praise for Bowyer for using him.

Archived