BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Blackburn Rovers v Liverpool QF Replay - 8th April 2015

• Moderation Lead

Who cares, like really? He went up, he nearly scored. If the manager gave out orders, Eastwood seeing the desperation of the situation had the presence of mind to trust his own judgment, a quality sadly lacking in many professional footballers these days.

• Replies 635
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Just heard Simon Eastwoods interview, he said the manager only wanted me to go to the halfway line, i saw his arm waving so i thought he meant go all the way (which he did) so some are half right.

Backed up by the TV coverage over here, waved Eastwood forward then pointed to the halfway line as if to stop

9:52am Thu 9 Apr 15 Keen O to Get Kean Out says…

French Rover wrote…

Spot-on article Chris. You summed the feelings up perfectly. Proud to be a Rovers always. It was a massive step forward for the club last night with a full house for a televised game, 180 minutes of exciting cup football against a top premiership team packed with internationals, and we only lost by one solitary goal after two battling performances backed by superb support from the Rovers fans.. Pride is definitely restored in the club, now need to go on and finish the season in a bit of style with a few more wins and then the club can get the few remaining issues sorted during the close season and prepare the squad ready for the `real push` for promotion next season. BTW why are some on here bothered by our `extra fans` who went along to Ewood last night? I welcome every last one of them, and hope that they enjoyed the game. Also big thanks to all the Rovers fans for creating such a brilliant atmosphere. Just reminds us all of what the potential support would be like for the Rovers when we get back to the premiership. Which we will. Next season.

In comparison, I watched Burnley V Spurs on Sky and you could hear people snoring! Yes totally agree. Back on the road to success, Venkys will take a lot from this - another lesson learnt about Fan Power, Once the FFP is worked around and the chequebook is out we will be competing for the PL and purchasing PL Players/Staff etc. A Personal thanks to Venkys for their continued support RTID

speechless

A PERSONAL THANKS FFS...WHAT SUPER STRENGTH SKUNK HAS WHOEVER WROTE THAT BEEN SMOKING

:rolleyes: I think you've done that to death now Abbey. We still had 50m pa coming in (and most going out to tarry fingered individuals) at that time. The club didn't need my money and I wouldn't give my money to the regime who were running the scam. You obviously chose to subsidise the lavish tax free lifestyle of Dastardly and Muttley but I simply couldn't do it. Should I make this my sig? :rock:

the club is whiter than white then....if not go back to playing golf

A PERSONAL THANKS FFS...WHAT SUPER STRENGTH SKUNK HAS WHOEVER WROTE THAT BEEN SMOKING

the club is whiter than white then....if not go back to playing golf

The LET comments section is a veritable hotbed for Dingle trolls. I can't believe any right-minded Rovers fan could type that schlock, although having seen some of the locals interviewed outside Ewood over the years anything's possible.

To me last night showed the relative weakness of our midfield versus the rest of the team. I know we were against Liverpool, but not one of the allegedly more attacking minded ones looked remotely capable of stepping up a level. Not a trick between them, no lung busting runs, all powderpuff in the tackle. No hint of a Sellars, Reid, Barker etc, Williamson played well defensively but with the ball at his feet he makes the Axe look like Pele. I just dont get why people think this team would be promotion material.

To me last night showed the relative weakness of our midfield versus the rest of the team. I know we were against Liverpool, but not one of the allegedly more attacking minded ones looked remotely capable of stepping up a level. Not a trick between them, no lung busting runs, all powderpuff in the tackle. No hint of a Sellars, Reid, Barker etc, Williamson played well defensively but with the ball at his feet he makes the Axe look like Pele. I just dont get why people think this team would be promotion material.

Testament to this is that when Dunn plays even at the age of 35 and with a broken body he is still head and shoulders above anything else in our ranks. We need to take advantage of the loan system - we should be looking to get some talent in from the big clubs. Brentford, Derby etc. have done it this season and it's worked wonders. Given Bowyer's youth knowledge and standing I'm surprised he doesn't go down this route more often. Maybe Brendan will sympathise with him after last night.

Testament to this is that when Dunn plays even at the age of 35 and with a broken body he is still head and shoulders above anything else in our ranks. We need to take advantage of the loan system - we should be looking to get some talent in from the big clubs. Brentford, Derby etc. have done it this season and it's worked wonders. Given Bowyer's youth knowledge and standing I'm surprised he doesn't go down this route more often. Maybe Brendan will sympathise with him after last night.

Transfer. Embargo. We can only have a squad of 24 players I believe. Hands are tied.

Oh! and the Monday night special in May 95 when the team paraded the Prem Trophy to a PACKED Ewood Park. Glory hunters is right.

Still grates that I trekked over for that, got to the ground and wasn't allowed in cos it was full. Went up to The Manxman and watched the entertainment from there.

Totally agree. Just revamping the midfield for next season could make a huge difference to this team if it stays together, even more so if we lose one of the strikers. It needn't cost big money just get in a battling 2nd ball winning championship midfielder who's over 5ft tall then we have a bit of presence in there. A young ball player on loan from a Prem club or somewhere would be nice but even playing Lowe a bit further forward and pressing might work as we know he'll be back and he needs to stay away from right back.

A more physical Cairney would be better but I don't think he'll ever have the minerals for that job. Bowyers insistence on the deep lying holding midfielders is a big reason why his football style often holds the team back. The ones he pairs up just don't seem to compliment each other like Evans & Spearing too similar etc. Mind you the same could be said of the centre back pairing until the spinning wheel fell onto the two most experienced and steady ones at the club. Then there is the centre forward pairing, oops looks like there is a pattern here :rover:

Totally agree. Just revamping the midfield for next season could make a huge difference to this team if it stays together, even more so if we lose one of the strikers. It needn't cost big money just get in a battling 2nd ball winning championship midfielder who's over 5ft tall then we have a bit of presence in there. A young ball player on loan from a Prem club or somewhere would be nice but even playing Lowe a bit further forward and pressing might work as we know he'll be back and he needs to stay away from right back.

A more physical Cairney would be better but I don't think he'll ever have the minerals for that job. Bowyers insistence on the deep lying holding midfielders is a big reason why his football style often holds the team back. The ones he pairs up just don't seem to compliment each other like Evans & Spearing too similar etc. Mind you the same could be said of the centre back pairing until the spinning wheel fell onto the two most experienced and steady ones at the club. Then there is the centre forward pairing, oops looks like there is a pattern here :rover:

I dont rate the manager much either, but he's not the one making Cairney/Marshall/Evans/Conway anything more than the odd flash in the pan

Then he needs to get brave and strong and trade one or two of them to strengthen that area and make us at least competitive in the middle. Unless we pack midfield and play the 'thou shalt not pass' game which this side is quite good at then we'll continue to concede midfield on a very regular basis.

I dont rate the manager much either, but he's not the one making Cairney/Marshall/Evans/Conway anything more than the odd flash in the pan

That would mean that either Bowyer isn't the wheeler dealer he's cut out to be, or that he's unable to get talented players to perform consistently.

It only came into effect mid Jan. What was the excuse in the summer or early Jan?

look at who we signed last summer. Free transfer from Donny which is what happens when the manager has no money and has to get the wage bill drastically reduced. Paul Taylor will probably be one of this summers 'big' signings, a free from Ipswich. Don't blame Bowyer for the destruction Kean and Anderson brought to this club. The fact that you do suggests you haven't been paying attention.

look at who we signed last summer. Free transfer from Donny which is what happens when the manager has no money and has to get the wage bill drastically reduced. Paul Taylor will probably be one of this summers 'big' signings, a free from Ipswich. Don't blame Bowyer for the destruction Kean and Anderson brought to this club. The fact that you do suggests you haven't been paying attention.

Eh? I'm saying that he should take advantage of his youth connections more and look to bring in talented youngsters from the top clubs. I'd imagine they'd be looking for little to no contribution on the wages front. Please refrain from throwing the Anderson/Kean accusation my way.

The former - they aren't that good. And none of them performed consistently for their last manager either.

Which is another contributing factor to players getting moved around championship clubs on a regular basis. He's going to have to start wheeling and dealing a bit and cut the umbilical chord from some of his nice lads.

Eh? I'm saying that he should take advantage of his youth connections more and look to bring in talented youngsters from the top clubs. I'd imagine they'd be looking for little to no contribution on the wages front. Please refrain from throwing the Anderson/Kean accusation my way.

The squad can only be so big. We had 12 players out yesterday and the loans were all cup tied. GB has actually done remarkably well in the transfer market over the past 18 months considering the lack of funds

kean/anderson accusation? What does that mean? Bowyers hand are tied with WHOEVER he wants to bring in. Young players from Prem clubs aren't cheap and neither are their wages.

It's what our degsy does re. Gavlar

Still getting your lol's out of the degsy 'jibe'. bless. Calmed down from last night's ranting on here yet? We lost BOO-HOO, i'm never going again WAA-WAA

Still grates that I trekked over for that, got to the ground and wasn't allowed in cos it was full. Went up to The Manxman and watched the entertainment from there.

Oh no what a nightmare, that would have seen a lesser Rovers fan than you not bothering again Neil!

For me Spearing, Marshall and Cairney are on their day good players and need to be retained and developed. Its a question of getting consistency from them and settling the side will help with that. Evans needs the boot, terrible. Conway, Lowe and Taylor have a future as squaddies, though I think Taylor will walk. Williamson and Dunn are at the end of their careers.

A left winger with real pace would go a long way, as would a proper box to box midfielder. However I don't think swapping out everyone is possible or desirable. We need to get more out of what we have.

The major work this summer is going to be upfront as we are going to lose King, Gested and Rhodes in my opinion.

Thank Christ the defence is starting to come together.

Archived