BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Millwall

klos

• Replies 291
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Not overly keen on this Olsson on the left and Spurr left back next season. Ok he's got pace so maybe try it now and again but you can just see Spurr being on the team sheet every week despite how he's playing and Olsson being jerked around in and out of the team despite if he's playing well or not, it just has that GB feel to it.

Left back has been one of the only positives this year and it's sorted now so as long as his forms ok leave it as it is and hopefully leave Henley at RB as long as he does the business. We've numerous options on the left who do well there when on form. I'd probably give Cairney a go there first and hopefully he can play some first time passes on his correct foot and help speed up our passing a bit.

Great rational for doing things this way, however midfield imo is more of a problem, and with no money we need to find internal solutions. Perhaps it'll allow Marshall to play inside. And Spurr did have a decent first season at lb. Managers find solutions to problems, and think creatively. Allegedly - it's been so long since we've had one I can't remember. Also can't Henley play lb, so numerous bits of cover there (Lowe/Baptiste to right back.)

Anyhow it won't happen, and the only bit of the post likely to happen is Spurr always in and Olsson messed about. We've seen hints of it this season already.

My take after recovering from dire boredom is that GB didn't send out the best team he had, he let himself and he let the fans down badly.

The first half was awful. No fluidity, no passing, no effort, no pride, no guile no nothing.

The second half didn't liven up until the subs arrived.

Brown is a donkey end of.

The diddyman midfield huffed and puffed its way through. Spearing is a quality player who can thrive in the defensive driving unit we need AS LONG as he has a playmaker alongside him. So what did GB do He left our PM on the bench. The proof was in the pudding, once TC came on things happened.

Why he left Rhodes out amazes me!

Huge credit to young Lenihan, he is a star in the making. So comfortable and took himself into the game. I don't know if anyone else saw what he did 95% of the time? He looked up, looked around then PASSED the ball. Something we desperately miss in the back 4.

GB is slowly and surely getting on the wrong side of the crowd. He spouts in the press yet fails to deliver on the pitch side of things.

Time for a big change

Playing Cairney was a positive move. The only flair player we have. I don't know why he is unpopular on here. The mistake was to substitute him for Taylor, who was playing well. The one to give way was the inept Evans both in terms of play and position. The whole team look ed better immediately with the addition of Cairney and at last looked like scoring.

I think he'd begun to fade a little bit, Al. A good performance and covered plenty of ground but he's not played much football in the past 18months. Thought 70mins under his belt was a job well done and a good sub from Bowyer - especially as Cairney came on and played some good stuff, cutting inside and having two or three chances.

Can't see how it was a mistake considering we become much better after the change and won the game fairly comfortably. How many times do we bang on about our subs being detrimental and forcing us backwards - on this occasion it forced us further forward and allowed us to start to dominate.

Credit where credit's due?

Bowyer said Taylor was cramping because he hasn't played regularly. Makes sense to get him off. What he gave us was a bit of pace and forward running and those sort of players have to be managed. What's the point in keeping him on and then him pulling something and not being available for the last couple of matches so we can't see what he can do. I'd have liked to see him with Rhodes as he was looking to put through the kind of balls Rhodes scores from.

I think he'd begun to fade a little bit, Al. A good performance and covered plenty of ground but he's not played much football in the past 18months. Thought 70mins under his belt was a job well done and a good sub from Bowyer - especially as Cairney came on and played some good stuff, cutting inside and having two or three chances.

Can't see how it was a mistake considering we become much better after the change and won the game fairly comfortably. How many times do we bang on about our subs being detrimental and forcing us backwards - on this occasion it forced us further forward and allowed us to start to dominate.

Won the game comfortably?? All because we beat them by two goals doesn't mean it was comfortable. They missed a couple of good chances at 0-0 and a good few more when we were 1-0 up. Millwall are one of the worst teams I have seen at Ewood this season and considering they are supposed to be fighting for survival, that's saying something. I truly thought they were woeful and are the sort of team we should dispatch of easily, but we gave them a good number of chances. We didn't dominate the game by any stretch but the difference was we have Rudy Gestede and Jordan Rhodes and they don't. Our front pairing have bailed us out on many occasions this season and continued this on Tuesday. I'm not going to laud Bowyer for putting Rhodes on in the 75th for Brown when Brown should never have been near the starting line-up anyway.

Won the game comfortably?? All because we beat them by two goals doesn't mean it was comfortable. They missed a couple of good chances at 0-0 and a good few more when we were 1-0 up. Millwall are one of the worst teams I have seen at Ewood this season and considering they are supposed to be fighting for survival, that's saying something. I truly thought they were woeful and are the sort of team we should dispatch of easily, but we gave them a good number of chances. We didn't dominate the game by any stretch but the difference was we have Rudy Gestede and Jordan Rhodes and they don't. Our front pairing have bailed us out on many occasions this season and continued this on Tuesday. I'm not going to laud Bowyer for putting Rhodes on in the 75th for Brown when Brown should never have been near the starting line-up anyway.

Jumping in with two feet again, Mustard. Read again what I said - "We become much better after the change and won the game fairly comfortably."

We could have scored at least 4 goals after the change, Cairney missed a couple, we scored two and Gestede narrowly missed across goal - and that's just what I remember off the top of my head.

What you've done is talk about the game in the entirety - nothing to do with my original post.

You won't praise Bowyer even though he made effective changes which gave us a stranglehold on the game and allowed us to win? He reacted during the game, making good substitutions which gave us the ascendancy - Like I say, he can't win.

It's getting to a point where you aren't watching the game properly anymore - rather you're looking for excuses to chastise Bowyer. I think I went through similar with Kean - So eager to see him fail that even if we played well in a brief 20 minute spell I would never have admitted it. We'd played badly, I was just as annoyed at the performance as you were, but I was able to spot a good substitution. I bet you were furious when we scored :xmas:

Jumping in with two feet again, Mustard. Read again what I said - "We become much better after the change and won the game fairly comfortably."

We could have scored at least 4 goals after the change, Cairney missed a couple, we scored two and Gestede narrowly missed across goal - and that's just what I remember off the top of my head.

What you've done is talk about the game in the entirety - nothing to do with my original post.

You won't praise Bowyer even though he made effective changes which gave us a stranglehold on the game and allowed us to win? He reacted during the game, making good substitutions which gave us the ascendancy - Like I say, he can't win.

It's getting to a point where you aren't watching the game properly anymore - rather you're looking for excuses to chastise Bowyer. I think I went through similar with Kean - So eager to see him fail that even if we played well in a brief 20 minute spell I would never have admitted it. We'd played badly, I was just as annoyed at the performance as you were, but I was able to spot a good substitution. I bet you were furious when we scored :xmas:

Now now, no need for the digs at the end. Quite the opposite. I was delighted, and even more delighted when Rhodes scored.

The subs made a difference but Rhodes should have been starting. Brown is hopeless.

As I said, Millwall are a poor team and we should have been killing them off regardless. Fair play to Bowyer for realising Brown was pants though.

No need to be embarrassed by that, you've had a lot less game time than browny.

Agree, most worrying is Rhodes is the one we've the best chance of hanging onto imo (due to wages and fee demanded). It's worrying that we can't play to his strengths at all, even when he's on form.

Mind you I'd be hacked off Brown gets ahead of me, so he can't have been in a good mood when he got onto the pitch. Gaz needs to man manage this situation carefully as we cannot afford another Best situation. Not that Jordan seems to have that temperament but he must be sick of getting messed around.

I'd be annoyed if Brown were picked ahead of me and I'm 73. :)

My take after recovering from dire boredom is that GB didn't send out the best team he had, he let himself and he let the fans down badly.

The first half was awful. No fluidity, no passing, no effort, no pride, no guile no nothing.

The second half didn't liven up until the subs arrived.

Brown is a donkey end of.

The diddyman midfield huffed and puffed its way through. Spearing is a quality player who can thrive in the defensive driving unit we need AS LONG as he has a playmaker alongside him. So what did GB do He left our PM on the bench. The proof was in the pudding, once TC came on things happened.

Abso bloody lutely. I'm glad somebody else recognises what Cairney does for the team but he must be played in the middle along with a Spearing type of player (not Evans)

I wasn't complaining about Cairney coming on, far from it, but Evans should have been the one to make way.

Abso bloody lutely. I'm glad somebody else recognises what Cairney does for the team but he must be played in the middle along with a Spearing type of player (not Evans)

I wasn't complaining about Cairney coming on, far from it, but Evans should have been the one to make way.

I know, but my point was that I thought Taylor was fading out of the game - he'd taken up a more central role in the second half and had played well - bringing on Cairney in his place kept our shape but allowed an injection in energy and quality.

Was it Gordon who said Rudy & Brown would make an effective pairing?

I was away so I didn't go to this match so it's prob best not to comment on events in it. But yes I said Brown would have been a better bet than JR v Forest in the second half as JR didn't do a thing all night and Rudy showed Forest were vulnerable in the air. Was I wrong in your opinion?

I was away so I didn't go to this match so it's prob best not to comment on events in it. But yes I said Brown would have been a better bet than JR v Forest in the second half as JR didn't do a thing all night and Rudy showed Forest were vulnerable in the air. Was I wrong in your opinion?

Sorry Theno but the answer is yes. Brown is a hopeless cause.

Archived