BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Millwall

klos

• Backroom

Yep agree with most of that chaddy

Marshall got caught under the ball constantly, failed to clear several times and tried to shepherd a ball out that was never going out which could have ended up a penalty. On another night he would have cost us.

To me his head is already in Marbella and Vegas

• Replies 291
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Chaddy is going way OTT on Conway imo, he was ok tonight, did some good things but by the same token was infuriatingly inconsistent choosing completely the wrong option on a number of occasions and poor delivery on others. Normal service really.

oh sorry ...good win , easy win .

You seem to be on a one man crusade these days to wind up as many posters as possible.

On the whole it was a poor match between two largely poor teams - only lit up by the last 20 minutes or so.

Chaddy is going way OTT on Conway imo, he was ok tonight, did some good things but by the same token was infuriatingly inconsistent choosing completely the wrong option on a number of occasions and poor delivery on others. Normal service really.

Agree I was a little surprised st his MOM - but in truth nobody really stood out. He worked hard - put in some good runs, but his crossing and set plays were largely disappointing.

• Moderation Lead

I'd have gone for Paul Taylor if I had to choose, Conway was Conway, some good, some bad. Like all our wide players he delays putting in crosses for far too long.

I thought Conway put in a real shift, getting up and down both attacking and defending. Some of his crosses were a little erratic but his industry was good and he produced a wonderful cross for the opening goal. I must admit that I had him as my Man of the Match.

I thought we were poor overall last night again no real game plan apart from hoofing it to our strikers at almost every opportunity.

My view on the players was:

Steele 8 - did what he needed to and saved well when required.

Marshall 5 - why play him at RB, wasn't Henley on the bench, Marshalls not been right ever since we moved him out of the behind the striker role

Lenihan 7 - solid debut (btw what's his proper position)

Spurr 7 - ok

Olsson 8 - looked a real threat when coming forward, wonder if he'd be better utilized as a winger??

Taylor 8 - thought he was good, played with intent and pace, if he can be consistent one we should be looking to keep

Spearing 6 - lots of effort

Evans 5 - thought he was poor last night

Cairney 6/7 - well in spurt

Conway 6 - lots of effort as always but his final ball was poor 50% of the time

Rudy 8 - another good game

Brown 5 - not good enough I'm afraid

Jordan 7 - played well when he came on still too lightweight for me

Very frustrating game for the most part, they were very poor and we weren't very good either; granted we got the win but more through their ineptness and our clinical strikers.

We really need to be playing 4-2-3-1 in this division in my opinion or we will have more of the same...

I was reminded of games under Allardyce tonight - without the obvious directness. Frustration for 70-odd minutes then leaving Ewood happy! A decent final 20 minutes with all three points bagged.

Millwall are where they are cos they lack any real quality missed a couple of chances then we upped a gear final twenty made it look easy

You seem to be on a one man crusade these days to wind up as many posters as possible.

On the whole it was a poor match between two largely poor teams - only lit up by the last 20 minutes or so.

Agree I was a little surprised st his MOM - but in truth nobody really stood out. He worked hard - put in some good runs, but his crossing and set plays were largely disappointing.

Crusade ? You really don't know me then . I have not looked at the shots but for one of worst sides I've seen in many a year they had a bloody lot . If it wasn't for there awful finishiing and some desperate clearances they would of won .

There was nothing said to wind anyone up and if that's what winds you up you need to learn to chill , because a heart attack awaits.

I speak as I see it not a crusade . Like I said a good but lucky win in another boreya snooze fest .

I thought we were poor overall last night again no real game plan apart from hoofing it to our strikers at almost every opportunity.

Marshall 5 - why play him at RB, wasn't Henley on the bench, Marshalls not been right ever since we moved him out of the behind the striker role

Spurr 7 - ok

Olsson 8 - looked a real threat when coming forward, wonder if he'd be better utilized as a winger??

Taylor 8 - thought he was good, played with intent and pace, if he can be consistent one we should be looking to keep

Very frustrating game for the most part, they were very poor and we weren't very good either; granted we got the win but more through their ineptness and our clinical strikers.

We really need to be playing 4-2-3-1 in this division in my opinion or we will have more of the same...

Careful some on here will say it's a two man crusade

Was an absolute bore of a game, and starting Rudy and Brown upfront together, for me, has to be the worst selection Bowyer has made whilst manager at Ewood Park. It's like having Kevin Davies and Carlton Cole as your front two, just doesnt work. Brown simply isn't good enough. Some of the general play within the game was completly rubbish. Spearing just seems to run about not doing too much.

Bloody awful match of football, if millwall could finish that game could have been very different though some credit has to go to Steele(y) for making some very good saves. I was glad to see Lenihan get some game time, he looked composed on the ball and seem to read the game quite well. I think his conditioning and strength could be worked on intensively in the summer to have him ready for the squad next season.

I thought Paul Taylor looked okay, he always looked to advance which is refreshing! One thing I noticed he did well a couple of times was playing some good slide rule balls obviously that didn't work with our strikers on the pitch but those are the balls Rhodes loves, he plays the offside so well and trust me you don't need pace when the defenders are playing a high line and standing still for you to be offside! Unfortunately for Rhodes he has barely had any of these balls played through for him all season.

With regards to Rhodes and Rudy just enjoy them for what they are these next few games because under an embargo this summer and a very high chance the two of them won't be here next season I dread to think what we will be writing about our strike force next season.

I must admit I was left somewhat bemused by GB'S description of Conway's cross as fantastic as I thought it was a fairly nothing ball which was only turned into something by Rhodes making a nuisance of himself which caused the defender to skew the ball off the side of his head to Gestede who produced a stunning finish from what was little more than a half chance.

A goal out of nothing really.

Spurr 7 - ok

Excellent balanced informative post.

To me the positives were:

- Getting the win, the fans deserve it

- A clean sheet with a makeshift defence

- Reassuring me that the current team has talent, if you can't finish off a weak Millwall team you worry (even more) for our future

- Some of our players - not just our strikers showed their quality

The negatives

Just one big one for me - the selection. What the hell was going on? Why Brown for Rhodes, when Rhodes has been scoring of late? Why Marshall at right back when we have a proper right back in decent form on the bench? Why the midfield changes - ok I get having a look at Taylor but why Spearing in there? I do worry what is going on when there are so many needless, and seemingly pointless changes.

Overall a solid 3 points. We need to at least arrest the negative momentum of the last few weeks and we did that today. There's a long way to go before building anything positive, but arresting the decline was vital. If not - well it doesn't bare thinking about having a more disillusioned fan base.

Ever heard of competition for places or planning for the future? 3 goalkeepers isn't a lot for a league club.

Steele was brought in for £100k when the only other senior goalkeeper was Robbo who wasn't playing and is leaving this summer. The only other keeper we had was Eastwood, signed on a free, who has put in some good performances under Bowyer. Since then Bowyer has sent Raya out on loan and he's done so well he's now back challenging for a first team spot. Only on here could having 3 good young goalkeepers signed for a grand total of £100k be seen in a negative light.

goading again. tut tut.

Point is none of them were as good as Robinson who had to be paid for the whole season anyway. Stupid signing from an inept manager.

Point is none of them were as good as Robinson who had to be paid for the whole season anyway. Stupid signing from an inept manager.

Point is he's no better than Eastwood, which makes it even more stupid. Wasn't that the rational for bringing him in, that Robbo was off, so let's secure our new number one when we can? (Ignore the fact he's not as good, he's cheaper.) Given he's not guaranteed number 1, and no better than Eastwood, the logic has changed to having a good pool of keepers. Talk about lowering expectations!

Oh, and there's the matter of having a limited number of squad places available as well, of which he takes up another. A bit of a clanger from Bowyer.

Paul Taylor looked good, disappointed he came off, for Cairney to play as an inverted winger as well!! Has anyone ever seen him kick it with his right foot??

Tonight was poor, thought Millwall had chances, but our strikers got us out of jail once again.

Playing Cairney was a positive move. The only flair player we have. I don't know why he is unpopular on here. The mistake was to substitute him for Taylor, who was playing well. The one to give way was the inept Evans both in terms of play and position. The whole team look ed better immediately with the addition of Cairney and at last looked like scoring.

• Moderation Lead

Playing Cairney was a positive move. The only flair player we have. I don't know why he is unpopular on here. The mistake was to substitute him for Taylor, who was playing well. The one to give way was the inept Evans both in terms of play and position. The whole team look ed better immediately with the addition of Cairney and at last looked like scoring.

I agree with all of that Al. I simply meant bringing Cairney on to replace a winger and in doing so being out of position himself was stupid. He isn't a winger, and like you say he should have replaced someone in the middle that was doing nowt.

Yeah, but King has already played 72 games for us and scored 8...

How many games have Brown and Varney played now for Zero goals between them. Two more great signings.

I'd have gone for Paul Taylor if I had to choose, Conway was Conway, some good, some bad. Like all our wide players he delays putting in crosses for far too long.

It's because he is on the wrong wing and has to check back to get it on his "good" foot.

Brown is a dolloper, he wouldn't look out of place at Pleasington, I would rather have seen O'Sullivan in behind Rudy.

Useless and don't tell me that he links up play because he doesn't. He has no redeeming features.

Guess I'm on my own here but I quite enjoyed the match.

No farting about at the back, both sides getting the ball forward quickly (not always with a hoof) and trying to attack.

OK, the quality might have been lacking but it's where we are now. Taylor was my MoM.

It's the pointless sideways and backwards possession football that bores me.

• Moderation Lead

It's because he is on the wrong wing and has to check back to get it on his "good" foot.

Useless and don't tell me that he links up play because he doesn't. He has no redeeming features.

We desparately need a left-footed winger, I'd offer my own services but I'm 31 next month and I've got a bad knee :rover:

Archived