BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Millwall

klos

• Replies 291
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm 48 , got a bad back , knees and gout and I've scored as many goals this season as browny

I thought about taking a piccy of you last night when I got in, to post on here.

You were sat on your own surrounded by empty blue seats, nobody else within 25 yards,

You cut a lonely figure sat there. :lol: It would have made an amusing photo.

I'm 48 , got a bad back , knees and gout and I've scored as many goals this season as browny

Cairney could play left wing. Wouldn't have to check in and could whip crosses in. Thinking of a left footed David Bentley (the first time he was here, not the crap imposter we signed later).

I'd prefer Ollson at LW personally.

Cairney could play left wing. Wouldn't have to check in and could whip crosses in. Thinking of a left footed David Bentley (the first time he was here, not the crap imposter we signed later).

My mate has been banging on about this all season, likening him to a watered down version of Pederson. Sadly this manager just seems to look to accommodate his signings rather than try and make a balanced team.

I thought about taking a piccy of you last night when I got in, to post on here.

You were sat on your own surrounded by empty blue seats, nobody else within 25 yards,

You cut a lonely figure sat there. :lol: It would have made an amusing photo.

Before ?

Poor for 75 minutes….extremely lucky that Millwall are as bad as they are infront of goal, as we should have been dead and buried before we got going

Shows the benefits of having (and playing!!!??) two decent strikers

Too many players were thinking of Magaluf

And what the heck was Bowyer thinking about (again!) when he picked that team

Brown was absolute pants, Marshall looked extremely vulnerable at full back, Spurr looked iffy but improved as the game went on, spearing – not sure he actually played TBF

Taylor had a decent enough game, Conway continually went from poor to decent and then back again

Rhodes did exactly what you want from him….just a pity that Bowyer and far too many of his team mates DO NOT know how to play him

3 times in the last 5 minutes he pulled off the defender and made space screaming for the ball, to find that players could not make a simple pass out to him (Conway) or they just played like they were still in the schoolyard (head down and take 20 touches Cairney)

Good job Rudi knew what to do…, and no wonder Rhodes just looked extremely pee`d off when he scored

Overall, I fear heavily for next season if we lose our front two, and keep the manager in charge

Not back to this again surely?

He's spot on though IMO Chaddy, absolutely spot on.

We have paid Robbo a fortune to do nothing all season.

We are haemorrhaging money every month, find ourselves under a transfer embargo because of it and Bowyer signs another goalkeeper!!

If Steele is better or not is no longer the point now, it was a foolish signing in our current financial situation with a high paid keep and a reserve already at the club plus Raya as a third place keeper.

If we needed a keeper this summer it could have waited until the summer.

Surely Robbo must have a contract that triggers a new one depending on appearances. It's the only excuse, or Bowyer is just thick

When you think we have 3 1st team goalies and embargoed .. Bloody clueless lunes in pune

He's spot on though IMO Chaddy, absolutely spot on.

We have paid Robbo a fortune to do nothing all season.

We are haemorrhaging money every month, find ourselves under a transfer embargo because of it and Bowyer signs another goalkeeper!!

If Steele is better or not is no longer the point now, it was a foolish signing in our current financial situation with a high paid keep and a reserve already at the club plus Raya as a third place keeper.

If we needed a keeper this summer it could have waited until the summer.

My views on Robinson have been quite clear for over a year or so. So I wont go over them.

Steele has made some very good saves this season but has made some mistakes also.

Hardly anybody knew how good Raya was at the start of the season tbf

Well, after a dire first half, lit up only briefly by Taylor's shot from the edge of the box, things improved slightly after the break.

There was a little more urgency in our attacking play and we started to create a few chances. I was impressed with Taylor and was bemused as to why GB took him off when Evans was clearly the man to be replaced. He always seemed to be in space looking for the ball and looked to drive forward when possible. He also played quite a few very good (and accurate) crossfield passes. For me he was the MOM up to that point.

To be fair, Millwall should've scored on at least a couple of occasions, it seems obvious where their main problems have been this season.

TC came on for PT and showed plenty of energy and willingness but frustrates the hell out of me - I'd have him in training and only let him wear a boot on his right foot and put a patch over his left eye! So many times the best option was for his right foot,(or a pass to his right) but he won't even try! At least Conway and Marshall will have a go with their wrong foot occasionally!

For those who spotted JRs 'annoyance' after scoring, I think I figured it out as I said this to my daughter a minute or two before he scored, my words were:

" Jordan must be getting really pi$$ed off. How many times has he been in a better position than Rudy, yet every time, the man on the ball (beit Conway, Marshall or Cairney) looks for Rudy"

I think something must've been said between JR and TC (understandably after TC kept trying to cut inside and shoot rather than pass) as TC didn't bother to join in the goal celebration, he just stopped on the halfway line.

Anyway, 3 points is 3 points I suppose.

I do fear for next season though without at least half of our 40 goal (ok 39 with 2 to play) a season strikeforce.!

No need to be embarrassed by that, you've had a lot less game time than browny.

For those who spotted JRs 'annoyance' after scoring, I think I figured it out as I said this to my daughter a minute or two before he scored, my words were:

" Jordan must be getting really pi$$ed off. How many times has he been in a better position than Rudy, yet every time, the man on the ball (beit Conway, Marshall or Cairney) looks for Rudy"

I think something must've been said between JR and TC (understandably after TC kept trying to cut inside and shoot rather than pass) as TC didn't bother to join in the goal celebration, he just stopped on the halfway line.

Anyway, 3 points is 3 points I suppose.

I do fear for next season though without at least half of our 40 goal (ok 39 with 2 to play) a season strikeforce.!

Agree, most worrying is Rhodes is the one we've the best chance of hanging onto imo (due to wages and fee demanded). It's worrying that we can't play to his strengths at all, even when he's on form.

Mind you I'd be hacked off Brown gets ahead of me, so he can't have been in a good mood when he got onto the pitch. Gaz needs to man manage this situation carefully as we cannot afford another Best situation. Not that Jordan seems to have that temperament but he must be sick of getting messed around.

Surely Robbo must have a contract that triggers a new one depending on appearances. It's the only excuse, or Bowyer is just thick

Or Robbo is crap these days. I certainly wanted him dropped after seeing Blackpool away.

Not overly keen on this Olsson on the left and Spurr left back next season. Ok he's got pace so maybe try it now and again but you can just see Spurr being on the team sheet every week despite how he's playing and Olsson being jerked around in and out of the team despite if he's playing well or not, it just has that GB feel to it.

Left back has been one of the only positives this year and it's sorted now so as long as his forms ok leave it as it is and hopefully leave Henley at RB as long as he does the business. We've numerous options on the left who do well there when on form. I'd probably give Cairney a go there first and hopefully he can play some first time passes on his correct foot and help speed up our passing a bit.

Archived