BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Millwall

klos

He didn't look comfy, too lightweight for that position and got bullied but a clean sheet on his debut is good

It's been said recently that Rudy and rhodes can't play together - that's 5 goals in 2 games with them on together

Thanks Tom.

Anyone thinks that both Rhodes and Gestede will go this summer?

• Replies 291
  • Created
  • Last Reply

To all you Rhodes haters, he made the difference tonight. Created the space for Rudy's goal by drawing the defender away and got one himself after a good through ball by Rudy to find his run. Who says he can't play football? Breath of fresh air after watching Brown lumber about.

opinions vary of course.. :tu:

• Backroom

To all you Rhodes haters, he made the difference tonight. Created the space for Rudy's goal by drawing the defender away and got one himself after a good through ball by Rudy to find his run. Who says he can't play football? Breath of fresh air after watching Brown lumber about.

Less of the hater nonsense

The problem we have is next season Rhodes will create those gaps and it will be Brown that has to finish which is a scary thought

Really think we need to keep both but Rudy is a goner so time to start again and build around Rhodes

• Backroom

Thanks Tom.

Anyone thinks that both Rhodes and Gestede will go this summer?

Seems nailed on. We need to get the wage bill down and Rhodes is at the top of that list by some stretch. Meanwhile Rudy has made it clear he wants to leave and we'll need whatever money we can get from selling him.

The problem we have is next season Rhodes will create those gaps and it will be Brown that has to finish which is a scary thought

Really think we need to keep both but Rudy is a goner so time to start again and build around Rhodes

if bowyer remains in charge, i`m confident it`ll be rudy he wants to build his team around. don`t forget, rhodes was not his signing..

Considering the number who badmouth him whilst failing to criticise the likes of Corry "passenger" Evans, I'd say the hater tag line is appropriate.

GB Radio Rovers after match interview,

Most important thing was the win

Steeley made some good saves

Outstanding finish (Rudy's Goal) , conway was excellent produced an unbelievable amount of crosses, Rudy was magnificent with the ball played through for Jordans goal

Cairney not a good enough return (goal) needs to do better

Only got marcus in back four playing proper position (after inj)

Delighted to get a clean sheet with that back 4, Lenihan made good debut, impressive performance, opportunity knocks with injuries

Not had enough clean sheets this season, delighted for Steeley coming back in tonight

Seems nailed on. We need to get the wage bill down and Rhodes is at the top of that list by some stretch. Meanwhile Rudy has made it clear he wants to leave and we'll need whatever money we can get from selling him.

The teams that win promotion will go for Rhodes. And WBA, Palace and Stoke will be in the hunt for Rudy?

• Backroom

GB Radio Rovers after match interview,

Most important thing was the win

Steeley made some good saves

Outstanding finish (Rudy's Goal) , conway was excellent produced an unbelievable amount of crosses, Rudy was magnificent with the ball played through for Jordans goal

Cairney not a good enough return (goal) needs to do better

Only got marcus in back four playing proper position

Delighted to get a clean sheet with that back 4, Lenihan made good debut, impressive performance, opportunity knocks with injuries

Not had enough clean sheets this season, delighted for Steeley coming back in tonight

Fully agree with all or that well said Mr Bowyer (although naturally kind to Lenihan)

Trouble is Tom is that there are people who really do seem to hate Rhodes (as a footballer).

I too think Gestede will be off. It's a shame because he and Rhodes are a great partnership. We just need the right midfielders behind him.

Strange listening to Bowyer on RR on the way home. He was bemoaning the fact that Olsson was the only player in defence in his correct position - as though that wasn't of his making. Our back line could easily have been Olsson - Kilgallon - Lenehan - Henley and just had one player out of position. But cooked up a line up that had Spurr at cb and Marshall wasted as a full back. Injury crisis in defence and he didn't promote anyone.

To say he is a midfielder I thought Lenehan looked good a cb. Very assured dispute having a lb alongside him. One of the highlights. I thought P Taylor looked ok too. Like a poor man's Jay Spearing (on a good day).

• Backroom

Both have their faults but overly critiquing a strikeforce that has 40 goals between them is churlish - it's clear they make up for each others flaws and they aren't where the problem lies

Sounds like I made a good choice in not going.

The second half of the second half was much better. The introduction of the subs had a positive impact today. One enforced and two very much attacking.

It just goes to show that when we do actually let these players off the leash they can hurt teams.

I was furious at Cairney for his wastefulness- mainly owing to his lack of a right foot - but he really should have played in players instead of taking pot shots after walking himself into a position of being under pressure. That said, he did provide some real positive momentum.

We need to start playing for more than a quarter of a match though. Still, that's better than some weeks! :)

The game was dull as dishwater til the 75th when the subs came on. I thought Millwall were one of the worst teams I've seen at Ewood this season. For a team fighting for survival they sure didn't show it, but we gave them a few chances, some of which were poorly taken and Steele made some very good saves. Not sure how Killa injured himself but appears our players are made of glass. Lenihan reminded me of Michael Kean a bit. I thought he was calm and collected on the ball, just sometimes lacking a bit of strength, particularly in the air. Overall an assured debut. Thought Taylor did alright, like Cairney he's good on the ball but sometimes doesn't know when to make the pass. Couldn't really name any standout performers til the last fifteen where Rudy and Rhodes worked very well together. As I said earlier, Rhodes created the space for Rudy's goal, as he did vs Forest and it was nice to see him make a good run, Rudy with a great ball and Rhodes finishing it perfectly. Tbh the game wasn't any great shakes, very sloppy and too much in the air but I'm glad to see we put Millwall to the sword, and a team like ours should be doing against such inferior opposition. Nice to walk away from Ewood after seeing a win.

The second half of the second half was much better. The introduction of the subs had a positive impact today. One enforced and two very much attacking.

It just goes to show that when we do actually let these players off the leash they can hurt teams.

I was furious at Cairney for his wastefulness- mainly owing to his lack of a right foot - but he really should have played in players instead of taking pot shots after walking himself into a position of being under pressure. That said, he did provide some real positive momentum.

We need to start playing for more than a quarter of a match though. Still, that's better than some weeks! :)

did you notice after scoring JR just turned and went back to the middle without acknowledging the fans. not like him to do that.

if bowyer remains in charge, i`m confident it`ll be rudy he wants to build his team around. don`t forget, rhodes was not his signing..

That would be as much to do with Bowyers preferred hoof ball as anything.

• Backroom

did you notice after scoring JR just turned and went back to the middle without acknowledging the fans. not like him to do that.

I did notice that Rudy and Rhodes are the first to congratulate each other on a goal - proper partnership forming and we won't get to see it anymore :(

He's scored 10 in 105 career apps... is it likely he's going to equal his entire career goal tally in a single season, let alone surpass it?

That's along the lines of what I said about Rudy. Then he notched 12 in 22 after we bought him.

Archived