SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Millwall

klos

• Replies 291
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Moderation Lead

Paul Taylor looked good, disappointed he came off, for Cairney to play as an inverted winger as well!! Has anyone ever seen him kick it with his right foot??

Tonight was poor, thought Millwall had chances, but our strikers got us out of jail once again.

I was reminded of games under Allardyce tonight - without the obvious directness. Frustration for 70-odd minutes then leaving Ewood happy! A decent final 20 minutes with all three points bagged.

• Backroom

Thought P. Taylor put in an absolutely smashing performance.

I thought he was decent but didn't do much of note - he wouldn't be a player we particulary need for me, nothing that Chris Taylor isn't on that showing

I thought he was decent but didn't do much of note - he wouldn't be a player we particulary need for me, nothing that Chris Taylor isn't on that showing

If we were to sign either him or Spearing in the summer (one or the other), I reckon after tonight's performance I'd go for Taylor. Would've liked to see O'Sullivan make an appearance too

Yeah, but King has already played 72 games for us and scored 8...

I'm aware. But he is 23. Rudy was 24 when we signed him. Plus King has often played sporadically, and on the wing. King has been looking better in more recent appearances. Could be on the cusp of something. Just saying, let's not outright rule it out. If certain aspects of his game can improve by just around 10%, he could set alight.

• Backroom

If we were to sign either him or Spearing in the summer (one or the other), I reckon after tonight's performance I'd go for Taylor. Would've liked to see O'Sullivan make an appearance too

Spearing had a good debut but seems to spend most of the game giving the ball away, made a cracking block at 1-0 tonight though

yes he did, didnt look towards the blackburn end

No he didn't. Showed quite a bit of elation when he scored.

Terrible performance rescued by Rhodes and Gestede once again. The ball slid through for Rhodes second was the sort of ball he invariably needs when he's on the shoulders of the defenders but we hardly ever play.

The second half of the second half was much better. The introduction of the subs had a positive impact today. One enforced and two very much attacking.

It just goes to show that when we do actually let these players off the leash they can hurt teams.

I was furious at Cairney for his wastefulness- mainly owing to his lack of a right foot - but he really should have played in players instead of taking pot shots after walking himself into a position of being under pressure. That said, he did provide some real positive momentum.

We need to start playing for more than a quarter of a match though. Still, that's better than some weeks! :)

Agree with you there, particularly RE Cairney. I thought had he made the right passes, Rudy or Rhodes could have bagged at least another one each.

• Backroom

Agree with you there, particularly RE Cairney. I thought had he made the right passes, Rudy or Rhodes could have bagged at least another one each.

There was one move off an attack they had where Conway could have put rhodes clean through and took too long and eventually gave it to cairney who could have squared for a tap in but cut inside 3 times then rolled to the keeper

No he didn't. Showed quite a bit of elation when he scored.

Terrible performance rescued by Rhodes and Gestede once again. The ball slid through for Rhodes second was the sort of ball he invariably needs when he's on the shoulders of the defenders but we hardly ever play.

we must have blinked

How did Lenihan play tonight?

I thought he looked good at centre back to say that isn't his natural position.

he was confident and look conformable there.

Paul Taylor was goodish tonight. he had 1 very good shot and few good runs. disappointed when he was subbed.

Conway deserved the Motm awatd. he looked back somewhere close to his best.

Marshall wasn't good at right back defensively. much preferred Henley there.

Cairney had enough chances to score a hat trick tonight

I thought he looked good at centre back to say that isn't his natural position.

he was confident and look conformable there.

Paul Taylor was goodish tonight. he had 1 very good shot and few good runs. disappointed when he was subbed.

Conway deserved the Motm awatd. he looked back somewhere close to his best.

Marshall wasn't good at right back defensively. much preferred Henley there.

Cairney had enough chances to score a hat trick tonight

Agree with you on pretty much all points there Chaddy. I thought Marshall was caught out of position a number of times. Can certainly tell it's not his favoured position. Do think we'd have looked surer with Henley there.

Archived