BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Millwall

klos

Millwall will be fighting for points Tuesday to stay in the championship Rovers could be looking to make sure of 9th place could be an exciting match will it be a draw I'm going for Rovers win

• Replies 291
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm calling this the 'best of the rest' if I'm honest. The ability to send this lot virtually down is probably the best thing left of this season.

That was my view.

Unfortunately it's not possible to come even close to actually relegating them, not even taking into account that Rotherham are surely going to have at least 3 points deducted.

Hopefully Ipswich will need something at ewood to get in the playoffs to add a bit of interest to that game!

My team for this game:-

Steele; Henley, Spurr, Kilgallon, Olsson; Evans, Spearing; Conway, O'Sullivan, Taylor; Gestede

Subs;- Eastwood, Marshall, Lenihan, Rhodes, Brown, Cairney, Williamson

the relevance of ''your team '' being what exactly Chaddy?? Not aimed at you at all buddy but I think everybody has had enough .Its like a wake up in August and hope there's been some kind of apocalypse.

Lets have a guess the crowd competition for Tuesday -even that would be easier than second guessing Bowyer

• Backroom

Out of interest Chaddy you said you would have started Lenihan today - why not against these lot?

Expect a scrap but they will be nervy, impossiible to predict an outcome.

Millwall of recent have had some good results over Rovers and with them battling to stay up I'm unfortunately going to go for an away win I just think that they'll want it more unless GB bloods some of the youngsters who will give an extra 10 percent than some of our regulars who even yesterday were basically on their holidays

Millwall's results under Neil Harris have improved. He is a Millwall legend and just what they needed and it appears that he has the players fired up and they are ready to scrap. I expect this to be the case on Tuesday and when the going gets tough some of our players disappear. I actually like going to Millwall and admire the 'no one likes us, we don't care' mentality. I seem to remember this was the mantra Hughes and Allardyce used to good effect during their time at Ewood.

I expect an uninspiring draw with Bowyer resisting the urge to change the game because he will consider a point a good result or (more likely) he simply can't.

• Backroom

Millwall fighting for their lives, rovers nothing to play for, one team battling like lions, the other a rabbit caught in the headlights, away win

Don't you remember anything silly?

After the liverpool game the telegraph told us we now have a team of lions

Out of interest Chaddy you said you would have started Lenihan today - why not against these lot?

Expect a scrap but they will be nervy, impossiible to predict an outcome.

I think we need 2 experience midfielders in the centre midfielders.

You will notice that I am playing O'Sullivan in the 10 role behind Gestede.

I've never known a season like it for choping and changing the team. Even at this late stage I'm sure GB has no idea what his best 11 is and just randomly rotates for the sake of it. Successful sides always have a core of 7 or 8 regulars who play in the same position every game, we've not got that so it's not surprising we've failed this year. Not even going to try to predict who will play on Tuesday because I don't think there is a single player who you can say for certain that they will play in a certain position, possibly excepting Killgalon due to injuries to rivals. A sorry state of affairs that has to be sorted out.

I've never known a season like it for choping and changing the team. Even at this late stage I'm sure GB has no idea what his best 11 is and just randomly rotates for the sake of it. Successful sides always have a core of 7 or 8 regulars who play in the same position every game, we've not got that so it's not surprising we've failed this year. Not even going to try to predict who will play on Tuesday because I don't think there is a single player who you can say for certain that they will play in a certain position, possibly excepting Killgalon due to injuries to rivals. A sorry state of affairs that has to be sorted out.

Gestede, Conway, Olsson will start

I went to the away match - another game we should have had wrapped up at 2-0 up with10 minutes to go against 10 men. We drew 2-2.

Millwall are a poorish side but they're scrappers. Rovers 1 Millwall 2

Archived