BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Norman Bell v Chris Brown

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

We've always loved a moan at certain players and no way would I have signed this guy but you can tell we are back to where we were in the 80's. This is proper scapegoat stuff lol, have to say in his defence he is in no way to blame for our failings this season.

I can only remember Norman Bell having one half decent match - and that was his final one when he got the injury that finished his career.

People will have to remind me - but I have a recollection that we spent £60 - 70k for him (which at the time was a lot of money for Rovers) - all courtesy of the Jim Arnold sale.

• 7 months later...

Only a few months ago some on here were praising Brown from the rooftops for his 'work rate'. Our last manager picked him ahead of a 20 goal striker a few times. Unbeluevable now looking back. I remember someone putting together a video highlighting the 3 assists he had under his belt. He really is a donkey and like most of the other players whose contracts are up will surely be released this summer.

• Backroom

I actually think Lambert will get use out of him, Holt was a massive player for him and he wasn't that talented.

I think we've seen the end of Koita though maybe that article is a hint that he isn't training well

JAL's ramblings are more than mere posts. They are a stream of consciousness played out before an audience of bewildered bystanders.

A struggling team with two players, strikers allegedly, that don't perform in their roles consistently, paid X amount for the privilege.

....and you want to mock me!!

A struggling team with two players, strikers allegedly, that don't perform in their roles consistently, paid X amount for the privilege.

....and you want to mock me!!

DGS has to have his daily fix Jal. Football is incidental.

My recollection of Rovers' strikers ranges from the sublimely talented to the ridiculously inept.

In those days, you just hoped that every now and then, we would unearth a gem. I seem to recall that Norman had developed something of a reputation as a 'super sub' for Wolves and when we signed him, I think many of the fans thought he might prove to be a 'good un'. Sadly, Norman was no gem but having said that, I have seen far, far worse strikers, in terms of ability and attitude, don that famous blue and white shirt.

• 2 months later...

Blake like Pele.. Neither can I k ..I watched him yesterday and he's supposed to be a stiker and the number of times he ran away from goal when we attacked was baffling ... But hey ho Rhodes was rubbish and this what people wanted

I'm not saying he's any good for one min but the one thing he did do when he came on was buffet a few of their defenders around and at least seemed to be having a go at some of his teammates. Not that he's going to offer anything though.

Archived