BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Is It Time To Protest Against Venkys?

Still holding out hope that Venkys might just have the slightest form of a conscience. Selling the club might not be straightforward but if you had the slightest ounce of decency you would come here and apologise in person. We aren't violent, we aren't thugs what do they think we will do? If Kean didn't get attacked then nobody probably will.

Kean is just an out and out scumbag there won't ever be the slightest redemption for him. With Venkys there's still a slight chance though we certainly won't forgive them but their final act (that being an eventual sale) could still prove to be a positive one. I knew about OOJW's problems after he graciously welcomed me back to the forum despite my hypocritical praise of Kean in his early months. Not to mention other arguments as well including my childish remarks about him using Jack's name. OOJW called me a hypocrite at the time as I had called for a big name. He was right and I knew deep down that Kean was an ass kissing worm. I just refused to admit it out of sheer stubbornness and pride (to be honest Venkys did get a decent reception at that Tottenham game and some fans were hoping Kean might surprise) but unlike Venkys at least I've admitted being wrong. They take stubbornness to a whole new level. If anyone has reason to hate these idiots as much as OOJW does I've yet to hear from them. Unfortunately I can't take back those remarks (wouldn't take back every single one as we probably still disagree over the trustees tenure to an extent) and after learning what he's been through the past few years its even more regrettable.

The majority of us hold grievances (majority towards Kentaro, Venkys and in my case quite a number more) and lets ask this Venkys? Are we ALL wrong?

Have to say though OOJW if they had been honest with Lambert from the start there is reasoning behind a reduced budget. Those losses really can't continue to build up with FUP especially. The trustees at least accepted they wouldn't get most of it back. Will these clowns do the same?

If OOJW does say exactly what he thinks (and if Lambert gets sacked or quits it will be hard to resist) and gets banned for it that would be an absolute disgrace.

I can't PM OOJW but do you still use the email on your snooker site?

soryy I couldn't even read past the 2nd sentence, in regards to the bit in bold-ARE YOU KIDDIN! yes the majority of fans are regular decent level headed folk but there's still a large number of moronic backward idiots that will always resort to aggression given the chance(especially if they've had a couple of babyshams before the game)

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Moderation Lead

Did Paul Lambert come in just to make it look credible to sell Jordan Rhodes ?

He's certainly not improved the strikers for the good of the club and its supporters.

That wouldn't make sense just to pay him and his back room staff a wage though...

That wouldn't make sense just to pay him and his back room staff a wage though...

Isnt it all about the money ?

Pulling in £10m during the last window with another window of financial opportunity coming soon.

Why would it not make sense ?

Did Paul Lambert come in just to make it look credible to sell Jordan Rhodes ?

He's certainly not improved the strikers for the good of the club and its supporters.

Rhodes was never going to Lambert's type of striker tbh.

Lambert main striker is one that can hold the ball up, run the channels and put a shift in.

Lambert main striker is one that can hold the ball up, run the channels and put a shift in.

What a shame we can't afford one.

Although there was nothing stopping Rhodes being Lambert's second striker - apart from money of course. We never saw him alongside Graham or with a (fit) quality midfielder behind him.

Instead we took away all of the things that could have helped him and then blamed him for not being something he wasn't.

I'm just glad we managed to squeeze enough out of this season to stay up before we ran out of games.

Major (positive) changes required next season:

Wake up Venkys From their slumber

Appoint CEO

Get rid of the rest of the dross that Bowyer brought in

Sign 8 new players, majority permanently

Oh and keep Lambert

If we don't manage these things then it may well be time to protest because we aren't staying up next season with the remaining players that we have on our books.

Putting in a shift holding the ball up and running the channels but not being prolific at putting in the net proves you know nothing about football

Strikers are paid to score goals

• Moderation Lead

Isnt it all about the money ?

Pulling in £10m during the last window with another window of financial opportunity coming soon.

Why would it not make sense ?

Because the salaries of Lambert/his staff would come out of the £10 Million we made in the last window??

What a shame we can't afford one.

Although there was nothing stopping Rhodes being Lambert's second striker - apart from money of course. We never saw him alongside Graham or with a (fit) quality midfielder behind him.

Instead we took away all of the things that could have helped him and then blamed him for not being something he wasn't.

I'm just glad we managed to squeeze enough out of this season to stay up before we ran out of games.

Major (positive) changes required next season:

keep Lambert

Appoint CEO

Sign 8 new players, majority permanently

for me, the second striker has to have pace or a skilful number 10.

I totally agree on the ones I have highlighted in Blue.

Keeping Lambert is the number 1 priority for me and backing him with some money for some quality signings. I have already mention some possible targets to sign.

Appointing a Good CEO is a must and the owners trusting him aswell

Putting in a shift holding the ball up and running the channels but not being prolific at putting in the net proves you know nothing about football

Strikers are paid to score goals

Another cheap shot by yourself towards me.

I highlighted why Lambert has brought in Graham for and what his role is.

we need 3 quality strikers in this summer at least

Keeping Lambert is the number 1 priority for me and backing him with some money for some quality signings. I have already mention some possible targets to sign.

appointing a CEO with authority....will this happen doubtfull ?

Graham is on loan on top coin will he sign for us on highly likely reduced wages or will his agent punt him around ?....its now five years since Danny Graham had his run in the sun at watford it's allright doing what he does but needs to score more...

As for cheap shots ha ha strikers shoot and score...your easy to reel in cos you bring it on yourself....try taking those blue tinted glasses off once in awhile and lighten up

Cheap shot ? You really a bit too sensitive for this place dude .

If we don't change the strikers you would still say it was the right decision even if we brought bowyer back

I guess given your criteria for strikers 1 and 2, you'll be needing that third one to score the goals then - presumably from the bench.

I must be old fashioned because a trait I would require either striker to have (and preferably both) is that they score goals.

I guess given your criteria for strikers 1 and 2, you'll be needing that third one to score the goals then - presumably from the bench.

I must be old fashioned because a trait I would require either striker to have (and preferably both) is that they score goals.

No doubt anybody that Stuart. Strikers have to scores goals or the bulk of them. But strikers have to play for the team and bring more to the team then just goals. Drogba, Kane and Vardy are proof of this. Both have much more to their game then just goals.

Look at how Vokes and Gray played for the dingles. Both scoring goals. But Gray brings Pace and work rate and Vokes bring Target man skills

So for me, signing Danny Graham would be my number 1 prority and looking to sign another 2 strikers at least. One with pace and one with skill. But strikers who bring different attributes to Lambert's team

drogba, kane and vardy ...er we don't eat at that table any more . Chaddy even your magical 20 million unicorn dust theory wouldn't buy a leg of the three you mentioned.

what we have is a non scoring lump and a loanee neither who will be here next season. Remember we've sold our goal scorer. The manager is about to walk out and we could be the next Bolton/blackpool next season.

#venkysout

drogba, kane and vardy ...er we don't eat at that table any more . Chaddy even your magical 20 million unicorn dust theory wouldn't buy a leg of the three you mentioned.

what we have is a non scoring lump and a loanee neither who will be here next season. Remember we've sold our goal scorer. The manager is about to walk out and we could be the next Bolton/blackpool next season.

#venkysout

We've sold our goalscorer and have scored more goals since. Chaddy knows the score as well as Lambert. Graham might not be here next season, but neither will Rhodes - so not sure what the argument is there.

We've sold our goalscorer and have scored more goals since. Chaddy knows the score as well as Lambert. Graham might not be here next season, but neither will Rhodes - so not sure what the argument is there.

Exactly Den.

I do know this but we have to trust Lambert's judgement.

Think you will agree with me that Rhodes wasn't Lambert type of striker

The classic 'big man little man' combination has worked for years. If you can get a big, good in the air striker with the ability to hold the ball up, flick it on and feed it into the quicker more agile striker you have the makings of a good partnership. Graham is better than what we had once Rhodes left. He's done a job but that's about it. I would be disappointed if we signed him permanently.

I think we should start looking at players such as Bradshaw at Walsall or Roofe for Oxford. Both pacey, young English strikers who can finish. Getting 'golden oldies' like Gomez and Graham brings us nothing. There's no motivation for them to build a name for themselves, no inclination to pick this club back up and no resale value on them whatsoever.

I still don't understand why Lambert chose Graham when surely Lafferty was on the market from Norwich. He's out of favour with Alex Neil but has shown himself to be prolific at international level; surely worth more of a punt than a 30 year old that has struggled for goals in the past 3-4 years.

Exactly Den.

Wether or not Rhodes was his type may well be irrelevant if PL isn't here next season

BTW remember PL not picking Bent when he was villas leading goalscorer and not selecting agbonlahor so what his PL's type ?? Yes you say it's Danny Graham a player on loan on top wages wages next season we can't afford to offer anywhere near that.

It is now 5 years since Graham had his year in the sun 1 good season at Watford for a striker his return isn't good enough

Strikers live and die by putting the ball in the net

You'd back anything in blue and white chaddy your that blinkered

As for trusting his judgement if Celtic get beat 2moro it's goodbye to dalia

PL would be very very interested in that gig

We've sold our goalscorer and have scored more goals since. Chaddy knows the score as well as Lambert.

Ha ha chaddy knows the score he'd have to look at the scoreboard

Venkys out chaddy out

Rhodes haters gonna hate

Exactly Den.

his judgement looks like he could walk.

Interesting that both Kevin Davis and Ian Holloway - on sky just now - both say that Boltons problems started when they sacked Allardyce, just as ours did.

They didn't sack him did they? He left. Same point though.

Interesting that both Kevin Davis and Ian Holloway - on sky just now - both say that Boltons problems started when they sacked Allardyce, just as ours did.

Nah, had they appointed another decent manager Rovers would have been ok, our problems STARTED with Jerome Anderson and Steve K**n.

Archived