BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Is It Time To Protest Against Venkys?

Dont see them coming

The owners dont tell the club officials until 24/48 hours before the game so dont see how anyone would know they were coming.

Alan Myers said the 24/48 hours thing at the Rovers A and Q session in October

Highly likely they won't seeing as the ipl is now in full swing

We're way down in the pecking order

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Are Gallacher's comments any different than what 'pundits' at all levels spout?

According to them anybody who has a good season at a club like say, Southampton MUST be looking for a 'Big Move'.

But I suppose, considering KG's meant to be a fan, it seems a bit counter-productive, but there you go.

Though seeing as both him and Garner said Bowyer was doing a 'great job' and 'deserved more time', until Lambert won a game and then it 'was right for a change' says it all about the worth of these ex pros opinions.

You know what Matty, both great players for this club Gally and Garner but as far as expert opinions go in the paper, absolute bobbins.

They never rock the boat, state the obvious and just generally tow the party line, I've given up reading what they have to say.

Gallachers just as bad on national radio commentary, Garners a bit better on radio Lancs.

Dont see them coming

The owners dont tell the club officials until 24/48 hours before the game so dont see how anyone would know they were coming.

Alan Myers said the 24/48 hours thing at the Rovers A and Q session in October

There is a Royal visit of some sort in India is there not ? If so absolutely no chance of the V's being over here and missing another ego massaging opportunity on their own doorstep.

It's all about priorities and we ain't one. The story of them possibly coming will have been put out just to fob people off for a few more weeks.

Just going back to the pundit stuff, Chris Sutton doesn't hold back on radio 5, tells it how it is when I've heard him, the Telegraph should give him a call.

Rallying calls from the media are a great starting point, blowing smoke up the clubs backside will never get anything done.

What a sad, sad time this is.

I have been away from Blackburn for a number of years now. My final season attending was the 2011 final day survival season. Samba walked us out; Emerton blasted home a typically powerful right footed finish; Salgado clapped us off. What a team we had. What a fall from grace we have had. Due to my commitments out of town I missed the following season, meaning I missed the Kean era. I missed the Appleton, Berg and Bowyer eras too. My memories of Ewood Park have not been ruined by the previous 5 years. I am lucky enough to still think of Ewood Park as the home of Tugay's right foot, Pederson's left foot, of Friedel eating up the goal or big Ryan Nelsen barking orders. Those among many other great, great players. My memory of Ewood Park is still of great fondness. I remember vividly David Bentley's hat trick vs Utd, Tugay's volley vs Fulham, Pederson's right footer vs Burnley. All of these memories are what make Ewood such a special place for me. I am a little too young to remember before that - to the days when we won the league. But from the years 2000-2010 it was a special time for me as a Blackburn fan. What pains me the most is that those memories, even with my absence from the town, are quickly fading. And should we have another 5 years of stewardship as the previous 5 then there will soon be no Ewood Park and the only memories that would remain will be our tumultuous final few years. I am only in my mid twenties and this is devastating. I cannot begin to imagine the thoughts and feelings of our senior supporters that are watching on as decades of cherished memories are being ripped apart bit by bit by a bunch of out of touch imbeciles sitting a thousand miles away. And the most frustrating thing about all of it is that we simply cannot do anything about it. All of the talk by the supporters' clubs has come to nothing. All of our protests fell on deaf ears - only to be picked up on by the sensationalist media so they could call us a disgrace and in the process sell a few copies. And why should our protests be picked up on? The people we are protesting against live a thousand miles away. They won't face the disruption one causes when they are sat around their pool watching the IPL. The only thing a protest has ever done for our club is further divide its true followers. We mustn't protest. I fear that if we go down that road again we will make PL further inclined to walk and then gentlemen we are truly up the proverbial. We MUST stand by our man. If it is true and the Cowboys & Indians are attending the Huddersfield game we have to give them a reason to support PL. If we simply vent our understandable anger the Venky's may simply give up. And the biggest tragedy of all of this is is that, at this moment in time, we need the creators of our downfall more than they need us.

Please support Paul Lambert. He is a footballing man with a footballing brain. We don't have many of them left at our club.

What a sad, sad time this is.

I have been away from Blackburn for a number of years now. My final season attending was the 2011 final day survival season. Samba walked us out; Emerton blasted home a typically powerful right footed finish; Salgado clapped us off. What a team we had. What a fall from grace we have had. Due to my commitments out of town I missed the following season, meaning I missed the Kean era. I missed the Appleton, Berg and Bowyer eras too. My memories of Ewood Park have not been ruined by the previous 5 years. I am lucky enough to still think of Ewood Park as the home of Tugay's right foot, Pederson's left foot, of Friedel eating up the goal or big Ryan Nelsen barking orders. Those among many other great, great players. My memory of Ewood Park is still of great fondness. I remember vividly David Bentley's hat trick vs Utd, Tugay's volley vs Fulham, Pederson's right footer vs Burnley. All of these memories are what make Ewood such a special place for me. I am a little too young to remember before that - to the days when we won the league. But from the years 2000-2010 it was a special time for me as a Blackburn fan. What pains me the most is that those memories, even with my absence from the town, are quickly fading. And should we have another 5 years of stewardship as the previous 5 then there will soon be no Ewood Park and the only memories that would remain will be our tumultuous final few years. I am only in my mid twenties and this is devastating. I cannot begin to imagine the thoughts and feelings of our senior supporters that are watching on as decades of cherished memories are being ripped apart bit by bit by a bunch of out of touch imbeciles sitting a thousand miles away. And the most frustrating thing about all of it is that we simply cannot do anything about it. All of the talk by the supporters' clubs has come to nothing. All of our protests fell on deaf ears - only to be picked up on by the sensationalist media so they could call us a disgrace and in the process sell a few copies. And why should our protests be picked up on? The people we are protesting against live a thousand miles away. They won't face the disruption one causes when they are sat around their pool watching the IPL. The only thing a protest has ever done for our club is further divide its true followers. We mustn't protest. I fear that if we go down that road again we will make PL further inclined to walk and then gentlemen we are truly up the proverbial. We MUST stand by our man. If it is true and the Cowboys & Indians are attending the Huddersfield game we have to give them a reason to support PL. If we simply vent our understandable anger the Venky's may simply give up. And the biggest tragedy of all of this is is that, at this moment in time, we need the creators of our downfall more than they need us.

Please support Paul Lambert. He is a footballing man with a footballing brain. We don't have many of them left at our club.

Great post :tu:

United we stand, divided we fall.

We need something that everyone can get behind. Protests have been done before, and they tend to split the fanbase if anything.

That something should be Paul Lambert

There used to be a guy with a helicopter next to Langho football club - probably just him on his way home from work

It definitely wasn't your average Helicopter and was flying low towards Brockhall. Other than that I'm clutching at straws. Too early for Venkys to be in the area. They usually arrive 10 mins before the game and are outta there by the second half.

Haven't posted on here for a few days; is it confirms that the venksters are going the the match vs Huddersfield on Saturday?

Nothing is ever certain where Venkys are involved.

However, it's less important that we see them, than Lambert gets to see them so he can knock some sense into them.

I feel I have more reason to hate the Raos / Venky's than most.

In 1997 my Mum contracted breast cancer and subsequently had an operation to remove it. Then she became ill on the other side of her body and had another operation with the same result. Then the cancer returned on hotspots at the end of her scars and she had five more operations for that reason over the next decade. Then the cancer impregnated lymph glands under both arms and more treatment and operations were to follow. The cancer slowly moved into her bone marrow in all areas and she subsequently passed away in 2014. She survived cancer for nigh on 20 years. Remarkable.

My Mum played hockey for Lancashire and Table Tennis for Preston ladies. She was the number one lady player in a large league in Preston. She even made 30 breaks at snooker! She loved sport so much and pushed me constantly when young at football, cricket and table tennis. She paid for coaching, team subs, practice and followed me everywhere when I played. She simply loved sport that much and it was great for me as a sports mad youngster to have that support.

Meanwhile, my family have followed the Rovers forever. My Nan, Grandad and all Uncles are from Balderstone and although we lived in Preston, me and my Mum had season tickets on the Rovers for 23 / 24 of the last 35 years or so. My Mum and Dad were at Wembley for the Wolves game.

As my Mums conditions worsened, we made sure she wanted for very little. But as a simple lady from a time gone by, she didn't ask for, need, or want for much. Her lasting focus at that time was to stay well enough to watch the Rovers play live, outdoors, once a fortnight. Her last wish was simply to enjoy her family, the time left and personally for her, especially the Rovers for as long as her body would allow.

Never a fan of Allardyce, she didn't like his manner, associations, or the style we played. I personally thought Allardyce was perfect for us at that time, admired his work, pragmatism, work ethic, fitness, defensive orientation, home results and league positions gained. We argued about this to my shame. Then he was sacked and the classless keaner was brought in. The protests started, the mood became vitriolic, fan against fan, huge unrest at matches, all very unsettling for a poorly person riddled with cancer and all the while she sat there freezing unhappily in her wheelchair as our own fans battled each other. She, like many, was prepared to give Kean a chance, partly as she disliked the style under Allardyce and partly because she believed that the role of a fan as to support the decisions of the club, through both good and bad times.

However, I hated Kean from the word go. Literally. The nasty, conniving, lying con-man. I saw through him straight away and knew we were destined for relegation either that season or the season after. Mum and I argued over that pile of trash and the direction of the club as well at that time.

We all know what happened thereafter. Things got steadily worse, constantly 1-0 down after 10 minutes at home, a succession of total shysters brought into the club, total disrespect at all levels to the supporters and the continued downsizing of an enterprise that had taken nigh on 20 years to grow to the level achieved.

The one thing my Mum had left outside of family and home at that time was to enjoy the Rovers the last few years of her life. In a safe and supportive environment, one she had always associated with the club. Cruelly taken away by the stupidity of the chicken plucker's and the greedy chancers who helped our demise.

It is fair to say on a purely individual basis, I have hated the Raos with a passion for what they took from my Mum.

On a singular basis I have hated them for what they took from me and every other proud Rovers fan.

I have hated them for a long time and yet, even with all this simmering inside me, when Lambert / Irvine was appointed, Shaw removed, Rhodes sold for the good of the team and newer, players brought in, I dared to hope they had learnt their lessons and were starting to run us more professionally. Maybe this was foolish, but it made no sense incurring large expense recruiting Lambert and not supporting him financiall, as we could have simply plodded on with Bowyer, presumably just avoiding relegation. Now all that is again up in the air and I am being asked on here 'Is it Time to Protect Against the Venkys'.

Well, as someone who has already attended the original protests, admittedly feeling like a total plank shouting Kean Out down Bolton Road, an act far removed from my normal style, for me simply born out of desperation at club events at that time.... then I have to say now is NOT the right time for protests of any form. But, they have run out of chances from me and should they not support Lambert fully in the summer, the disgust and wrath of all Rovers fans should fall upon them and we must do whatever we can to get these plankton out of the club. And suffer whatever consequences may befall us.

The lasting success and viability of this club is exactly what my Mum would have wanted. Unified crowds, supporting the famous blue and white halves win, lose or draw, whatever the division. I remain hopeful I can raise a toast to her one day with all that back in place.

I truly hate the Venky's much more than most and would get banned on here immediately if writing exactly what I felt.

Partly, he joins in the running around a lot sessions but gives target and heading practice a miss. Not paid enough to hang around for that apparently :D

he meant that trains are brown

Brilliant post OJW, one I can relate to more than most I'm sure.

This is exactly the reason why I would never criticise anyone for going or not going to Ewood in protest, as we all have reasons that go beyond 3pm on a match day.

Fantastic post OJW, albeit a harrowing story. It certainly rings home the true effects these 'shysters' have made on this town. It goes far beyond the results on the pitch.

Everyone deserves better than what they are giving us and should they not support Lambert in the future, and he walks, I will be making a special effort to travel to Blackburn in order to join in any protests or fan meetings. Should they not support Lambert I fully agree with you that is when we should take greater action than we currently have. This has to be their last chance.

Still holding out hope that Venkys might just have the slightest form of a conscience. Selling the club might not be straightforward but if you had the slightest ounce of decency you would come here and apologise in person. We aren't violent, we aren't thugs what do they think we will do? If Kean didn't get attacked then nobody probably will.

Kean is just an out and out scumbag there won't ever be the slightest redemption for him. With Venkys there's still a slight chance though we certainly won't forgive them but their final act (that being an eventual sale) could still prove to be a positive one. I knew about OOJW's problems after he graciously welcomed me back to the forum despite my hypocritical praise of Kean in his early months. Not to mention other arguments as well including my childish remarks about him using Jack's name. OOJW called me a hypocrite at the time as I had called for a big name. He was right and I knew deep down that Kean was an ass kissing worm. I just refused to admit it out of sheer stubbornness and pride (to be honest Venkys did get a decent reception at that Tottenham game and some fans were hoping Kean might surprise) but unlike Venkys at least I've admitted being wrong. They take stubbornness to a whole new level. If anyone has reason to hate these idiots as much as OOJW does I've yet to hear from them. Unfortunately I can't take back those remarks (wouldn't take back every single one as we probably still disagree over the trustees tenure to an extent) and after learning what he's been through the past few years its even more regrettable.

The majority of us hold grievances (majority towards Kentaro, Venkys and in my case quite a number more) and lets ask this Venkys? Are we ALL wrong?

Have to say though OOJW if they had been honest with Lambert from the start there is reasoning behind a reduced budget. Those losses really can't continue to build up with FUP especially. The trustees at least accepted they wouldn't get most of it back. Will these clowns do the same?

If OOJW does say exactly what he thinks (and if Lambert gets sacked or quits it will be hard to resist) and gets banned for it that would be an absolute disgrace.

I can't PM OOJW but do you still use the email on your snooker site?

Still holding out hope that Venkys might just have the slightest form of a conscience. Selling the club might not be straightforward but if you had the slightest ounce of decency you would come here and apologise in person. We aren't violent, we aren't thugs what do they think we will do? If Kean didn't get attacked then nobody probably will.

Kean is just an out and out scumbag there won't ever be the slightest redemption for him. With Venkys there's still a slight chance though we certainly won't forgive them but their final act (that being an eventual sale) could still prove to be a positive one. I knew about OOJW's problems after he graciously welcomed me back to the forum despite my hypocritical praise of Kean in his early months. Not to mention other arguments as well including my childish remarks about him using Jack's name. OOJW called me a hypocrite at the time as I had called for a big name. He was right and I knew deep down that Kean was an ass kissing worm. I just refused to admit it out of sheer stubbornness and pride (to be honest Venkys did get a decent reception at that Tottenham game and some fans were hoping Kean might surprise) but unlike Venkys at least I've admitted being wrong. They take stubbornness to a whole new level. If anyone has reason to hate these idiots as much as OOJW does I've yet to hear from them. Unfortunately I can't take back those remarks (wouldn't take back every single one as we probably still disagree over the trustees tenure to an extent) and after learning what he's been through the past few years its even more regrettable.

The majority of us hold grievances (majority towards Kentaro, Venkys and in my case quite a number more) and lets ask this Venkys? Are we ALL wrong?

Have to say though OOJW if they had been honest with Lambert from the start there is reasoning behind a reduced budget. Those losses really can't continue to build up with FUP especially. The trustees at least accepted they wouldn't get most of it back. Will these clowns do the same?

If OOJW does say exactly what he thinks (and if Lambert gets sacked or quits it will be hard to resist) and gets banned for it that would be an absolute disgrace.

I can't PM OOJW but do you still use the email on your snooker site?

Yes Vinjay that is my work email.

I wasn't complaining when writing, just explaining. The ramifications of the Venky's actions go way up and beyond 3 points on a Saturday and for me it is worth us all remembering that. Others will have suffered in very similar ways as hopes and dreams diminish.

And your matured approach to posting and club matters is refreshing. And yes we still disagree over the tenure of the Trust, but equally few come out of this process in a decent light.

I've kept Jack's name very proudly and for the most tried to honour his memory when posting. For me it is the very best username on here.

Archived