BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Is It Time To Protest Against Venkys?

This.

This is one of the only things I think will save us in the end.

If they walk away with their heads in hands after blowing 100m, they won't look good at all. The cultural difference is hard to fully get your head around without some experience of being an Indian billionaire... If they stay quiet, turn it round and achieve some moderate success at any point of the future - it will be a big pat on the back for them and there business gusto, even though we all know the whole shabbang.

I live in hope. I can see Balaji at Wembley firing his uzi into the burnley away support in some dystopian future...

Haha!

With akon one side and Mary Berry the other. Trousers below their arseholes, both wearing tight white vests and baseball caps off centre.

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

They may be looking at it and thinking "poor crowds, poor tv income. Let's reduce the wage bill and claw back some money". But how does that ever help the fact the club is in the mire to the tune of £104m? It may become operationally sustainable. But it would take decades to eat away at that debt.

I'm not really a betting man and I absolutely stand to be corrected. But is it not sensible to think that they have a decent size stadium, a very good training ground, a premier league manager, top class coaching set up and an A standard academy. Why not have a final go at promotion, get the money back and give the club away if we achieve promotion?

Well at one point not long ago along with all the other assets they may own they were sitting on a cash pile of 400 million plus in a bank account. Another ten mill won't make a dent in that nor any difference to what they've already some how funded us.

I'm led to believe though that most of the core businesses are run on debt as well so maybe the debts around their organisation are beginning to out weigh their assets and cash pile ?

Haha!

With akon one side and Mary Berry the other. Trousers below their arseholes, both wearing tight white vests and baseball caps off centre.

A bloody headbanded Grant Hanley will stick a Blackburn Flag on the centre spot of Turf Moor after securing premier league safety...

Well at one point not long ago along with all the other assets they may own they were sitting on a cash pile of 400 million plus in a bank account. Another ten mill won't make a dent in that nor any difference to what they've already some how funded us.

I'm led to believe though that most of the core businesses are run on debt as well so maybe the debts around their organisation are beginning to out weigh their assets and cash pile ?

You seem to have done a good amount of digging tomphil. Judging from what you've alluded to before. I only wish your findings were a little more positive.

But let's be honest. Who didn't have alarm bells ringing when they walked out on the pitch. When they produced those adverts. When you first viewed their website. Everything about them said cheap and everything about them said amateur.

You know, it wouldn't sugar coat the situation much. And I'd give anything for it not to happen. But if we sink because of them. I'm actually bitter enough to hope we take the whole shooting match down with us. I hope those negligent shytes end up living in conditions similar to the hens they keep.

And to think the Leicester owners considered buying us. Makes you want to weep.

Aye I think the Foxes were taken over at a similar time but the contrast couldn't be any bigger. And yeah I've dug that much that I could probably tunnel to Pune :lol:

That info comes from an Indian business analyst who was doing a review of them as potential for share investors a bit back. It was published on here I think. The readings on that and the comments section could have been about Rovers and not the chicken business such were the similarities. What they do here seems to be how the do everything.

Agree that if we go under I'd love to see them go under as well although I wouldn't want to see hundreds of Indian people out of work or the poor they feed go hungry. Double sided coin but I think they see it as if they do some good it gives them license to ride rough shod over everyone else.

Ok.

So you're not going to demand that Lambert is given transfer funds. But you are going to protest that we need a CEO? They're looking for one aren't they?

Den,are you really suggesting we don't need ANY transfer funds? Isn't Blue Mondays point that it needn't be 15-20 million not that it shouldn't be anything!

We've all assessed the squad, found it sadly lacking in most areas and come up with the players we need to get rid of and the number of replacements we need. Where's the money to come from if not the owners? If they don't CHOOSE to fund the club so that promotion can be at least attempted, then what is the point of ownership? I suppose that's been the question for some years now.

As for looking for a CEO, it looks like they will be looking for a new manager as well before long and I have no confidence they will make 2 good decisions in a row.

So, no point to protests? I've suggested a boycott, I don't know whether that qualifies as a protest or not but I've read all the reasons why it won't happen. It doesn't need organising in the strict sense of the word, fans just don't go. But it won't happen now.

In the end we will get one anyway, incrementally, Venkys will see to that!

And for those saying this is all hysterical, and we just need to calm down, you will look back at this time one day and wonder how you could have been so complacent. End of the club in its current form seems very close to me as things stand.

Den,are you really suggesting we don't need ANY transfer funds? Isn't Blue Mondays point that it needn't be 15-20 million not that it shouldn't be anything!

No 47er, I'm not saying that. Of course the squad needs money spending on it, but this thread is about demonstrations - or protests.

What credibility would any demonstration or argument have, that said that owners who had put in more than £100m of their own money so far - and who we will expect to continue covering annual losses of maybe £15m, should put in even more? What kind of sympathy would that get from your everyday football punter? The argument has to be about the way the club's been run, not about wanting more cash from the owners.

I do think the spotlight is once again back on rovers, the papered cracks are appearing and I do think this story is gonna go full circle with the spotlight firmly on how these idiots came to power and how they remain there

When those papered cracks show that may well be when we can start repairing them.

Aye I think the Foxes were taken over at a similar time but the contrast couldn't be any bigger. And yeah I've dug that much that I could probably tunnel to Pune :lol:

That info comes from an Indian business analyst who was doing a review of them as potential for share investors a bit back. It was published on here I think. The readings on that and the comments section could have been about Rovers and not the chicken business such were the similarities. What they do here seems to be how the do everything.

Agree that if we go under I'd love to see them go under as well although I wouldn't want to see hundreds of Indian people out of work or the poor they feed go hungry. Double sided coin but I think they see it as if they do some good it gives them license to ride rough shod over everyone else.

Well I'm sure someone else will set up a fund for them. Or another corporation trying to pretend they aren't scumbags will step in.

It's beyond ridiculous that with Lambert making public appeals through the press and growing unrest amongst supporters, that Venkys are remaining silent. It makes no business sense what's so ever.

Even a short statement issued to the media to calm the waters and a phone call to PL to assure him they are working on a plan, it wouldn't take much effort.

But This refusal to communicate with ANYBODY, just isn't normal behaviour.

• Backroom

It's beyond ridiculous that with Lambert making public appeals through the press and growing unrest amongst supporters, that Venkys are remaining silent. It makes no business sense what's so ever.

Even a short statement issued to the media to calm the waters and a phone call to PL to assure him they are working on a plan, it wouldn't take much effort.

The only real conclusion to be drawn is that they do not place this club anywhere near the top of their priority list. In fact you'd have to assume it's fairly close to the bottom, given the lack of overall care and attention. Lambert is probably starting to realise this, hence planting the seeds to get out of here in the summer should Venky's not give the green light to his proposals.

No 47er, I'm not saying that. Of course the squad needs money spending on it, but this thread is about demonstrations - or protests.

What credibility would any demonstration or argument have, that said that owners who had put in more than £100m of their own money so far - and who we will expect to continue covering annual losses of maybe £15m, should put in even more? What kind of sympathy would that get from your everyday football punter? The argument has to be about the way the club's been run, not about wanting more cash from the owners.

The reason finance is at the heart of this debate is because it appears Lambert was given certain assurances when he joined the club, hence the talk in the press about unrest and lack of funds.

This coupled with no communication/directors, Lambert sees the exact same scenario he had at Villa and we all know how that ended up.

So money is at the heart of this matter, the manager is putting it there and rightly so in my opinion.

The reason finance is at the heart of this debate is because it appears Lambert was given certain assurances when he joined the club, hence the talk in the press about unrest and lack of funds.

This coupled with no communication/directors, Lambert sees the exact same scenario he had at Villa and we all know how that ended up.

So money is at the heart of this matter, the manager is putting it there and rightly so in my opinion.

Well first off, we have no idea if Lambert was given assurances Gav. We also have no idea what, if any, guarantees he had over the Rhodes money. Let's not allow rumours to become facts.

But, I agree he needs money if he is to succeed in getting us back into the Premier League. All I'm doing really is putting the other side of the argument out there. Any argument that Venkys should just cover all debts - past and future - then hand over more money on top of that for even more players would bring a certain amount of doubt from any neutral fan.

Let's look at it another way. Have Venkys starved this club of cash, or has the cash they have backed the managers with actually been used badly? Taking into account the player turnover since Kean stepped in - including Rhodes at £8m and maybe a turnover of perhaps 60 players, some for fees, some free but still on contracts and some on loan but still need paying - is the argument against them financial or managerial? I can't see there's an argument deserving protest on the way they've backed their managers financially.

I'm with everybody here, Lambert needs funds. There is another side to the story though and if you were Venkys you might feel a bit peeved if there were protests against how much money they had put into the club.

That's all. Just a debate.

Well first off, we have no idea if Lambert was given assurances Gav. We also have no idea what, if any, guarantees he had over the Rhodes money. Let's not allow rumours to become facts.

But, I agree he needs money if he is to succeed in getting us back into the Premier League. All I'm doing really is putting the other side of the argument out there. Any argument that Venkys should just cover all debts - past and future - then hand over more money on top of that for even more players would bring a certain amount of doubt from any neutral fan.

Let's look at it another way. Have Venkys starved this club of cash, or has the cash they have backed the managers with actually been used badly? Taking into account the player turnover since Kean stepped in - including Rhodes at £8m and maybe a turnover of perhaps 60 players, some for fees, some free but still on contracts and some on loan but still need paying - is the argument against them financial or managerial? I can't see there's an argument deserving protest on the way they've backed their managers financially.

I'm with everybody here, Lambert needs funds. There is another side to the story though and if you were Venkys you might feel a bit peeved if there were protests against how much money they had put into the club.

It's not quite so black and white. He doesn't just need money, he needs better players, and more than that, a better team. Everyone, you especially den, said that Rhodes was included to the detremenr of the team. I still don't agree with you but I understand the principle.

Who was the last player that Rovers bought who was an improvement on what we had sold within the previous transfer window? At this rate is say Rhodes but before that? Right now it's looking like Craig Bellamy! The downgrading probably started when the club brought in since and Friedel was swapped for Robinson. I wonder if the club's downfall, and ultimate disastrous sale to Venkys, can be traced back to that moment...

It's not quite so black and white. He doesn't just need money, he needs better players, and more than that, a better team. Everyone, you especially den, said that Rhodes was included to the detremenr of the team. I still don't agree with you but I understand the principle.

Who was the last player that Rovers bought who was an improvement on what we had sold within the previous transfer window? At this rate is say Rhodes but before that? Right now it's looking like Craig Bellamy! The downgrading probably started when the club brought in since and Friedel was swapped for Robinson. I wonder if the club's downfall, and ultimate disastrous sale to Venkys, can be traced back to that moment...

I might have misunderstood you here Stuart, but aren't we both saying the same thing - it isn't the lack of finance, rather the way it's been used? Who's choice was it to go down the quantity rather than quality route?

I might have misunderstood you here Stuart, but aren't we both saying the same thing - it isn't the lack of finance, rather the way it's been used? Who's choice was it to go down the quantity rather than quality route?

Not necessarily. You can buy fantastic players in a shoestring - if you have a great scouting network - and you can also buy some real dummies for millions.

No guarantee he was given assurances you're quite right, but in good old BRFCS tradition we'll say he was for arguments sake, why would he have taken the job if not? inheriting the worse squad in most fans living memory?

The reason why Venkys are using borrowed money to prop us up is because of they're incompetence, this football club was on a relatively firm footing before they came along and said the club can't be run this way with players on big wages, well that was nonsense because it was run extremely well until they came along and now they're reaping what they sow.

But to answer your question, is it managerial or financial, the two things go hand in hand for me, no point addressing the board structure and having a side in league 1 managed by a nobody, unless Venkys leave the club that is and I'll take that all day long.

When Lambert joined the club we had no board structure, we now have no communications director, which Paul sees as critical to him doing his job, this coupled with financial constraints he seems to have had put on him, both points are linked and very worrying indeed.

As for protests, that'll be season ticket sales next season because anything more than that is asking to much of our support.

It seems another 10 mill plus of shares was issued by them into the holding company this Feb. Seems they are still committed financially then.

They just need to tell Lambert!

You'll be getting a call from venkys, communication director required, mixed messages required :P

It's only a million like Mercer said, someone jumped the gun on twitter an I bit without checking properly. I could have a career at Venkys yet !!!!

People keep saying Venkys have already put £100m of their own money into the Club.

But isn't a large portion, if not all, of that money, loans/overdrafts from the bank of India.

So if Venkys do feck off (please) it's not their money to write off. I under stand it is on Venkys London balance sheet, but they own Rovers and I'm sure that makes Rovers an asset (happy to be corrected if wrong)

The BOI will be looking for their money anyway so let's not be too quick to pat them on the back for paying the bills, until that detail is clarified.

Archived