BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Interview With Matt Jansen

No question to ask. But I'd appreciate it if you could pass on just how much rovers fans appreciated his affection for the club. One of very few really gifted players who have graced our club, who I actually believed was happy, contented and fulfilled playing for lickle old Blackburn Rovers. That man will always be one of my favourites. I'd love nothing more than seeing him succeed in management and perhaps one day sit in our dugout as the boss. Tremendous player and tremendous bloke.

Edit. Sod that. How about if he could travel to another planet capable of inhabiting human beings, which five people would he take to start a brave new world?

Or if you could only eat one meat type, one vegetable and one fruit for ever, which would he choose?

Ask him if he was going to leave Rovers in the summer of 2002?

Also, pass on my thanks to him. Loved watching him, great blend of rawness and skill - I have also yet to see a Rovers striker win as many flick ons as Matt Jansen. It was a great era for Rovers.

I was gutted when he had the accident! My first season was watching him terrorise defenders, under Souness, during the 2000-01 season. Him and Bent combined make scoring look ridiculously easy, when I look back now on YouTube, from that season. Anyhow, the questions:

1) Who was your favourite manager, during your time at Ewood?

2) Who did you enjoy being paired with upfront, the most, during your time at Blackburn?

Cheers in advance adsfortheblue!

Fave goal was away to bolton at the Reebok i was there, we won 4-1 but his goal sticks in my memory, the way he dummied the keeper and lifted it over him

Also his debut goal against spurs, everyone looked at each other in amazement

Great memories, memories these barstewards can't ever take away

Ask him to come and replace bowyer

See post 7

Beat me to it !

He was on the verge of being picked for England at the time.

Ask him about his managerial ambitions.

Iv'e already asked his boss!

ask him what he thinks of venk's rain at rovers (spelt it right cause they are a right shower)

Is a shower of s-1ht still called rain?

Course that's what we need, a manager with 4 weeks experience of pre season at a Conference North side.

I'd take Matt tomorrow over Bowyer - let Matt try and learn on the job too! that's all Bowyer is failing to do.

I was gutted when he had the accident! My first season was watching him terrorise defenders, under Souness, during the 2000-01 season. Him and Bent combined make scoring look ridiculously easy, when I look back now on YouTube, from that season. Anyhow, the questions:

1) Who was your favourite manager, during your time at Ewood?

2) Who did you enjoy being paired with upfront, the most, during your time at Blackburn?

Cheers in advance adsfortheblue!

What a sad time that was. Matt got a call up to the England squad for a friendly against Paraquay in April 2002 but missed out due to a stomach bug and then not included in the England WC 2002 squad announced in May. If no stomach bug then probably he would have gone to WC 2002 and presumably he made his holiday plans then and the rest is history.

Archived