BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Huddersfield Away. 15Th August

So now Bowyer is being hailed by some as a tactical magician because he made his last two substitutions when Rovers chasing the game with only 30 minutes to go.

Okay, he might have not changed anything, as he has done before, but any supporter with a modicum of knowledge would have known what was needed and predicted what he was going to do - under the circumstances, and the players available on the bench, there was nothing else he could do !

How many games before Bowyer realises we haven't got the quality of player to do a 4/2/3/1 or a 4/3/3.

Also time to drop all this nonsense and fanciful thinking that Marshall is a number 10 who can play 'in the hole'.

Bowyer continues to fail as still doesn't know how to get the best out of his available resources.

Venkys are happy with Bowyer, he's made them millions this season mercer, thats all that counts to them, the football is very much secondary.

Get rid of the owners, we get rid of Bowyer :tu:

• Replies 483
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Venkys are happy with Bowyer, he's made them millions this season mercer, thats all that counts to them, the football is very much secondary.

Get rid of the owners, we get rid of Bowyer :tu:

Exactly, he can drop us to the lowest levels and as long as he keeps finding 3000%'rs he'll have a job here. Venks don't give a rat's ptoot about us fans they'very shown that time and again.

Exactly, he can drop us to the lowest levels and as long as he keeps finding 3000%'rs he'll have a job here. Venks don't give a rat's ptoot about us fans they'very shown that time and again.

Amen :tu:

Would personally like to see us play 433 next game. Koita, Rohdes and Barrow up top with midfield of Marsh, Akpan and Conway. Put Lowe at right back.

that's a pretty mental team. 3 wingers, 2 strikers and one genuine central midfielder. The defence would be busy. We'd have to score 10 to win.

so i'm not wrong, preventative applies.

Proactive, according to the cambridge dictionary: taking action by causing change

and not only reacting to change when it happens

Bowyer caused change by bringing on the sub that equalised, regardless of the score. Prof Chadster was right.

What with all this wittering about words i thought I'd better get this one in here (taken from Cambridge dictionaries):

progress (noun)uk /ˈprəʊ.ɡres/ us /ˈprɑː-/
B1 movement to an improved or more developed state, or to a forward position:
Examples:
Technological progress has been so rapid over the last few years.
I'm not making much progress with my Spanish.
The doctor said that she was making good progress (= getting better after a medical operation or illness).
The recent free elections mark the next step in the country's progress towards democracy.
The yacht's crew said that they were making relatively slow progress.

Would personally like to see us play 433 next game. Koita, Rohdes and Barrow up top with midfield of Marsh, Akpan and Conway. Put Lowe at right back.

Here's hoping you don't take over from GB! Christ on a bike not even Barcelona dare play 3 wingers, 2 strikers and 1 holding midfielder in a 433 formation!

Here's hoping you don't take over from GB! Christ on a bike not even Barcelona dare play 3 wingers, 2 strikers and 1 holding midfielder in a 433 formation!

Ha! Nah, Marsh and Conway central, not as wingers.

I do agree that negative argument is more exciting, easier to mount and more likely to find its way onto a message board.

I think the highlighted bit speaks to my sense of the problem. I don't think the current set up/agenda compares to our history.

The V's pattern has been to over promote and make cheap, expedient appointments to key positions. Even after dismantling us out of the premiership, they continued to waste the remaining opportunities to repair the damage.So many bewildering,awful signings! So many players, who hardly kicked a ball for the club.

Meanwhile,the football on offer remains woeful. Long standing problems on the pitch remain unsorted. No method, pattern or passion. GB's phrase "give it a right good go" is just so ironic.

Even in our poverty stricken Third Division years, we had an honest board, who could find an experienced manager. They gave us managers, who knew how to set up a team and manage a game. Oh for the likes of Furphy and Lee now! As for players,Tony Field, Kit Napier, Mick Heaton et al would give our current, molly coddled tossers a good football, work ethic lesson!

I can well imagine the frustration of a Rovers ex pat, reading so much negative stuff about far away blue and whites , but watching the whole club and belief in it dying before your very eyes is bad too-just a different kind of pain, I guess...

At 60, it is a very bad time to lose my faith, but an arrogant, dismissive hierarchy doesn't help, especially when they insist on dressing up the parish gardener as the priest!

Hi Leonard

Sorry for not replying earlier.

Thanks for your excellent response.

Yes these are difficult times to be a Rover and I agree some horrendous decisions have been made but I can't help thinking we need the Venkys as they have the financial muscle to keep us afloat; I dread to think what would happen if they quit.

As for GB he has his limitations but he's made these signings and I'm prepared to give him longer.

I do recall those players you mentioned and so much has happened since those days!

You talk of your support for the club dying but once a Rover always a Rover!

I'm optimistic enough to think our time will come again!

Archived