BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Huddersfield Away. 15Th August

What formation would ppl play and who would he select in your team?

My team would be:- Raya; Henley, Duffy, Hanley, Olsson; Guthrie, Lowe; Barrow, Koita, Conway; Rhodes.

Subs:- Steele, Kilgallon, Spurr, Marshall, Akpan, Delfouneso, Tomlinson

Playing 4-2-3-1 formation.

Koita has played well in the last 2 games. Even tho I like Marshall I just dont think he played good enough.

• Replies 483
  • Created
  • Last Reply

My team would be:- Raya; Henley, Duffy, Hanley, Olsson; Guthrie, Lowe; Barrow, Koita, Conway; Rhodes.

Koita has played well in the last 2 games. Even tho I like Marshall I just dont think he played good enough.

Can't disagree with the players you select. Regarding the formation the Koita/Rhodes combo I think a standard 442 would suit them more than 451. Koita doesn't really seem like a "hole" player to me. Too direct, too physical. More an old school centre forward who needs to be further up the pitch. I can see him and Rhodes making a great partnership. Their styles complement each other.

Bowyer may be tempted to move Lowe to right back and start Akpan also. Marshall may start instead of Barrow. Apart from that the team picks itself.

However I have a horrible feeling come 2pm on Saturday Koita will be inexplicably on the bench...

• Backroom

Fair play Chaddy I know before the season you had Marshall in the hole as a certain but on merit I agree Fode has to have a shot with Rhodes, Conway and Barrow.

The main decisions to be made otherwise are who plays with Guthrie and who plays at the back and I think your team is how it will be.

Won't be an easy game but if we play like we did last Saturday we will win, play like we did Tuesdsy and we will get stuffed!

Fancy us to win though Rhodes always scores there, 3-1 Rhodes with 2 and Arlo Guthrie with 1

• Backroom

I'm going, hopefully we will have something to cheer come tomorrow afternoon!

RAYA

HENLEY HANLEY DUFFY OLSSON

CONWAY GUTHRIE LOWE BARROW

KOITA RHODES

Start like that and I really can't see us losing.

Shrewsbury is far enough away for me to be positive about this game, Coyb.

Also, I'd persevere with Marshall in the number 10 role, because we've seen the lad needs some confidence. Maybe a goal against hudds might help!

To be honest we have struggled with the new formation, it was ok going forwards in the first 30 v Wolves but once they got to grips with it and when we didn't have the ball it wasn't really working hence the swapping about.

May not be popular but I'd go back to the standard 442 the manager and players are comfortable with. When you're struggling a bit it's best to go back to basics. Having said that I think another characteristic error at the back will see another decent/average performance end in defeat.

Hudds 2 Rovers 1

---------Steele

Henley Hanley Killa Olsson

Conway Guthrie Barrow

------Marshall Koita

---------Rhodes

That's the team that should have played Shrewsbury on Tuesday night. Not sure about it for an away game though, we'd concede 2 or 3 minimum.

I mentioned this in another thread a couple of days ago but in the past when Gaz has come in for a bit of a stick he's managed to get a result when he's needed one. However. He's 20 goals shy from where we were at last season which is huge, especially when you concede goals at the rate of knots like we do.

With all being said, I'm predicting a last minute leveller for Huddersfield. Score draw.

For me, I dont want to play 4-4-2 formation cos it will leave our midfield expose and outnumbered.

So the biggest decision for me was either Marshall or Koita in the hole.

I expect Huddersfield to play 3-5-2 formation..

For me whoever plays in the number 10 should be a passer with a trick or two who looks to play in the striker or wingers.

Koita isn't like that as far as I can see. He physically bullys the defenders, gets his head down and his number one priority is to belt the ball at goal like it insulted his mother.

Don't really feel a number 10 role suits him. You want him going man to man with the centrebacks. But hey, its early days. I thought after the Wigan game he wasn't up to much in the air, but he has been great at heading against Wolves and Shrewsbury.

How does Raya manage to get a game when the manager has brought two keepers into the club during his tenure with neither currently suspended or injured.

Is that a waste of money or does it just highlight what poor footballing judgement is going on from all involved at the club with regards to player recruitment.

800 tickets sold so far, absolutely shocking for the first away game of the season and one at not to far a distance. Can't blame those who decided not to bother though I guess.

I'd expect our away support which has held up well for Saturday aft games to nosedive embarrassingly this season. Price is definitely an issue on this one though, 30.50 on the day when it was £24 last season (cock up aside) clubs are taking the @#/? now. Consider barely 12k home fans on the first game of the season and it shows the mood around the place. To be fair though we've only had just over a thousand across there on the last two visits.

Line up I expect to be very similar to last Saturday given the OK performance. It will be fascinating to see what he does with central midfield now that he has Guthrie, Akpan, Evans, Lowe, Williamson and Petschi all staking claims.

I expect there will be just over 1000 away fans, which given the outrageous pricing and mood around the club at present I think is a decent effort.

I'll go for a score draw of 1-1 or 2-2. I expect us to go ahead quite early on, probably Rhodes as he gets his customary goal against his former club, but then we'll see the usual second half with us camped in our own half, inviting pressure, trying to protect our lead, before the inevitable Huddersfield equaliser.

Huddersfield have been strong at home since Powell took over. Its their first league home game and they are under pressure just like us, so I've no faith in us going there and securing a comfortable victory.

Going to take my boys and pay on the day as it is a close one for me living in Skipton. Just seen the increased price to pay on the day which has annoyed me but still going to go. i dont know how they can justify that at all. I have a feeling it will be 2-2 with Rhodes getting one and defending still a shambles. Does anyone know a good place place to park over there ?

Going to take my boys and pay on the day as it is a close one for me living in Skipton. Just seen the increased price to pay on the day which has annoyed me but still going to go. i dont know how they can justify that at all. I have a feeling it will be 2-2 with Rhodes getting one and defending still a shambles. Does anyone know a good place place to park over there ?

You can park on the car park behind the away turnstiles for about £5. You might have a wait after the full time whistle as they allow crowds and coaches to clear before cars can go.

Archived