BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Huddersfield Away. 15Th August

You can park on the car park behind the away turnstiles for about £5. You might have a wait after the full time whistle as they allow crowds and coaches to clear before cars can go.

There is a big pay and display car park 10-15 minutes walk from the ground and across from this is a car valeting business who charged £3 last season. Both are on the town centre side of the ground.

• Replies 483
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Line up I expect to be very similar to last Saturday given the OK performance. It will be fascinating to see what he does with central midfield now that he has Guthrie, Akpan, Evans, Lowe, Williamson and Petschi all staking claims.

Id say Williamson and Evans pretty emphatically unstaked thier claims on Tuesday. Petshi seems like another Dabo to me. Signed without actually being in real contention. So it will be two in the middle from Guthrie, Lowe and Akpan.

Powell has a decent record against Rovers...I'm not sure he has ever lost to us as a manager (correct me if I'm wrong though).

It's a must win and a should win. We've got a decent record at Huddersfield and Rhodes has only failed to score against them once during his time at Rovers.

Absolutely no idea what team Bowyer will put out...there are a few interesting selections to be made.

I'll go for 1-2 to Rovers...a first half 2 nil lead followed by an equaliser just after half time and a nervy 2nd half performance. Rhodes and Koita to bag the goals.

I don't expect many changes from the team that played Wolves, Barrow has come to play so expect him to come in. Conway must play, Marshall seems to be GB's favourite at the moment so I would expect both to play but... leaves us pretty short in height, and Delf was used for that vs Wolves. GB is still making noises that Koita started later in terms of fitness than the others I wouldn't be shocked to see him still on the bench. He really was a bright spot on tuesday, not only a bullet shot but he jumped like a salmon. Very little time to judge him on but there's a chance he might be a diamond.

Regards 4-2-3-1 or 4-4-2 I think we should be able to play both depending on the situation, maybe start with Marshall at '10' if it's working, great, if it's not bring on Koita at half time and go with two up top.

I'm not convinced by Marshall's ability to play centrally (I prefer him left) but he might need a bit of time playing there before we forget it.

It's my last game before I head back to Shanghai so if anyone is going for a pint or two before the game pm me, I'll be heading over from Manchester.

Powell has a decent record against Rovers...I'm not sure he has ever lost to us as a manager (correct me if I'm wrong though).

It's a must win and a should win. We've got a decent record at Huddersfield and Rhodes has only failed to score against them once during his time at Rovers.

Absolutely no idea what team Bowyer will put out...there are a few interesting selections to be made.

I'll go for 1-2 to Rovers...a first half 2 nil lead followed by an equaliser just after half time and a nervy 2nd half performance. Rhodes and Koita to bag the goals.

Only for one of the Huddersfield goals to be chalked off post-match in a spectacular turn of fortune for Rovers?

Shocked we've only shifted 800 tickets, our away support has been tremendous over the past few years. I know a few going more for a day out on the ale rather than the football.

Going of early season for you can't see us getting anything, but Bowyer rarely loses 3 in a row, so

1-1

Shocked we've only shifted 800 tickets, our away support has been tremendous over the past few years. I know a few going more for a day out on the ale rather than the football.

Going of early season for you can't see us getting anything, but Bowyer rarely loses 3 in a row, so

1-1

I know quite a few who usually go who are either going to Kent for the Lancs T20 quarter final, or are staying in Lancs to watch it (the cricket) in a pub. I realise that doesn't account for all of the 300 or 400 we are short of the last two trips to Hudds but I suspect it will be around the 1000 mark on the day.

Bowyer always sneaks out of things when the going gets tough. Expect us to win and Bowyer to be all smug and tell us how brilliant he/the team is.

Got my ticket, easy trip from Leeds, and am looking forward to it. Nothing like seeing Rovers live, even if we are hit and miss at best. 2-1 Rovers, Rhodes and Conway.

Bowyer always sneaks out of things when the going gets tough. Expect us to win and Bowyer to be all smug and tell us how brilliant he/the team is.

Got my ticket, easy trip from Leeds, and am looking forward to it. Nothing like seeing Rovers live, even if we are hit and miss at best. 2-1 Rovers, Rhodes and Conway.

We've lost one league game and gone out of the cup; the tough has hardly really got going has it? Defeats tomorrow and Tuesday and it might be a different story.

1-1

It's fantastic support Gav

Only two games in and already I'm sick of boring negative football from us and conceding a goal the minute our opponents go forward.

Let's go for it and give our opponents something to worry about.

Raya

Henley Hanley Kilgallon Olsson

Barrow Tomlinson Guthrie Conway

Rhodes Koita

That said Mr. Cautious will probably stick with the line up that lost against Wolves.

800 tickets sold so far, absolutely shocking for the first away game of the season and one at not to far a distance. Can't blame those who decided not to bother though I guess.

normally all over hudds but they shove the ticket price .

3-1 loss

I know quite a few who usually go who are either going to Kent for the Lancs T20 quarter final, or are staying in Lancs to watch it (the cricket) in a pub. I realise that doesn't account for all of the 300 or 400 we are short of the last two trips to Hudds but I suspect it will be around the 1000 mark on the day.

Certainly accounts for me not going. Contemplated going Huddersfield but after that Shrewsbury debacle I will be in the pub watching the cricket

Archived