BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Huddersfield Away. 15Th August

The only even remotely redeeming feature of today was I won't be on the receiving end of mockery at work. We were absolutely awful except for a 10/15 minute spell. Town will be worried they couldn't beat such woeful opposition.

Unless things turn round rapidly or there are really 3 worse tasks, next season will be same time, same place, different division.

Happily there are 3 worst teams if not more. One of those are hudds - we only needed to put minimal pressure on the defence to crack plus they couldn't finish us off in 1st half.

Plus Bolton have a weaker squad, there are 2 basket case clubs in Leeds and Forrest, the clubs coming up aren't that good plus I've a feeling Rotherham will struggle. All in all I think we'll be safe.

• Replies 483
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Backroom

He could barely walk off after he got injured. He might not be fit before the window closes

Worrying if he's not fit for the rest of the month, but could perversely work in our favour if it keeps him here until January at least.

I thought the manager took a huge gamble in using his subs so early but it more than paid off. He often gets stick for his subs but today he was bang on the money with them. After a very poor first half we looked much better once Koita and Delfouneso went up front and Akpan did a decent job in midfield. Once again the Hanley/Duffy partnership didn't work, particularly in the first half although I thought Hanley was excellent after the interval. A good point from what turned out to be an entertaining game. The quality of the football might not always have been great but it did become end to end stuff.

I'm not so sure he deserves that much credit for changing the formation, it's not like he's started with a tried and trusted formula that usually works and has had to tweak it as a one off, he's gone back to a system that patently didn't work last week and had to change it yet again in the second half to try and salvage a point.

I'd be a lot more impressed if he actually started with a system or formation that works.

My view on today. Started off terribly and could easily have been 1 down before we conceded. Awful marking let their biggest guy get free headers one of which I think led to the goal. There were I think 3 occasions where either defenders or goalkeeper collideded with each other due to lack of communication. Raya made some very good saves. We showed nothing at all in first half - it was pitiful. Second half Rhodes was injured after 5 seconds which forced a change. When we went 442 we looked much better. After our goal we had ten minutes of pressure where you could sense another goal coming. Then we sat off again and the game petered out. Negatives: started terribly. 1st half in general. Not pushing to win the game in second half. Rhodes probably out for at least a couple of weeks by the look of it. Positives: barrow looks lively. Akpan was good and looks our best cm by a mile. Koita and Delph showing that we do actually have some other options up front. Bowyer for once used subs early enough to change the game. 1100 fans in good voice. Huddersfield were poor for me and apart from their right winger scannel they looked very ordinary and bottom 8 material. My team for the next game would be. Raya, Henley, kilgannon, Hanley, olsson, barrow, Guthrie, Akpan, Conway, Koita, delf. I think Rhodes will be injured and Marshall needs dropping for me.

My view on today. Started off terribly and could easily have been 1 down before we conceded. Awful marking let their biggest guy get free headers one of which I think led to the goal. There were I think 3 occasions where either defenders or goalkeeper collideded with each other due to lack of communication. Raya made some very good saves. We showed nothing at all in first half - it was pitiful. Second half Rhodes was injured after 5 seconds which forced a change. When we went 442 we looked much better. After our goal we had ten minutes of pressure where you could sense another goal coming. Then we sat off again and the game petered out. Negatives: started terribly. 1st half in general. Not pushing to win the game in second half. Rhodes probably out for at least a couple of weeks by the look of it. Positives: barrow looks lively. Akpan was good and looks our best cm by a mile. Koita and Delph showing that we do actually have some other options up front. Bowyer for once used subs early enough to change the game. 1100 fans in good voice. Huddersfield were poor for me and apart from their right winger scannel they looked very ordinary and bottom 8 material. My team for the next game would be. Raya, Henley, kilgannon, Hanley, olsson, barrow, Guthrie, Akpan, Conway, Koita, delf. I think Rhodes will be injured and Marshall needs dropping for me.

you are pretty good then are you. :lol: :lol:

Any people notice shane duffys comments on twitter, said to a fan "what game were you watching we played and defended well"

Doesn't surprise me. In Gary Bowyer world, I have no doubt that such performances, where we play on the backfoot and sneak a point against inferior opposition, are classed as good to him. I imagine such ideals have been instilled in the entire squad, so it's no wonder Duffy thinks this. I didn't watch the game so I can't comment. It's not a bad away point but the reports of those there doesn't make positive reading.

Also we only had 5 shots on goal according to the match stats, worryingly low.

No clean sheet yet and conceded 5 goals in 3 games. I fear the same defensive issues will plague us again this season.

Any people notice shane duffys comments on twitter, said to a fan "what game were you watching we played and defended well"

Wow. That's worrying. Defensively we were abysmal. Could understand him being angry with being criticised but feeling he played well is delusional.

Mind you if I played with a guy who refused to mark players I pointed out needed marking I'd have a grouch on too.

Still I'd hate to see what counts as a bad performance!

I'm beginning to think Duffy is a bit of a gobshite. Noticed last season before he was out and now he's at it again after only 2 games. Whenever people blow smoke up his jacksy on there as people often do he never replies or favourites the tweet or anything yet as soon as the mildest bit of flack comes he gets into rows. Hanley does seem to ignore him on the pitch, a real uncomfortable partnership that looks.

Agree credit for the subs Parson. But you seem to gloss over a very poor 1st half? Doesn't that concern you? We could've and should've been buried before half time.

How long has it taken for him to make those kind of subs, it's quite rare and we were chasing the game so it shoite or bust time. I don't think for one min he would have done anything positive like that had it been 1-1 or 0-0 at the time, he'd have done something to settle for a draw. Just like we'd have been talking about an awful second half petering out to a draw v Wolves had they not nicked that handball. What he did today was no genius stuff it was more a last roll of the dice to salvage something.

How long has it taken for him to make those kind of subs, it's quite rare and we were chasing the game so it shoite or bust time. I don't think for one min he would have done anything positive like that had it been 1-1 or 0-0 at the time, he'd have done something to settle for a draw. Just like we'd have been talking about an awful second half petering out to a draw v Wolves had they not nicked that handball. What he did today was no genius stuff it was more a last roll of the dice to salvage something.

Mate agree and disagree. The subs were game changers and not only got a point but totally transformed us. Kudos for Bowyer for that, especially as wasn't a like for like change in cm.

But yeah totally with you not losing is primary aim as demonstrated by us sitting back the last 5-10 minutes. Wonder if that's more a character thing than a tactical one? He's far from a tactical genius but his changes were spot on and nothing wrong with what out there at that point. But rather a total unwillingness to risk things. To me that is either a lack of character or smacks of self preservation.

Mate agree and disagree. The subs were game changers and not only got a point but totally transformed us. Kudos for Bowyer for that, especially as wasn't a like for like change in cm.

But yeah totally with you not losing is primary aim as demonstrated by us sitting back the last 5-10 minutes. Wonder if that's more a character thing than a tactical one? He's far from a tactical genius but his changes were spot on and nothing wrong with what out there at that point. But rather a total unwillingness to risk things. To me that is either a lack of character or smacks of self preservation.

Yeah fair do's if you were there you'll have a better idea of it than me so kudos to Bowyer for that if it really was a clever move. The radio was a bit questionable about the subs then suddenly did a u turn when we scored and started praising them :o

On the last comment I think the truth is somewhere inbetween, definitely both elements in there.

Yeah fair do's if you were there you'll have a better idea of it than me so kudos to Bowyer for that if it really was a clever move. The radio was a bit questionable about the subs then suddenly did a u turn when we scored and started praising them :o

On the last comment I think the truth is somewhere inbetween, definitely both elements in there.

I'll be honest I was shocked that Barrow easily our best player came off. But I think the other 2 wide players offer mote defensively which is important in a 4 man midfield. Mind you Marshall had a poor game so I wonder if he's becoming unstoppable. But it comfortably worked so whatever the thinking not one to criticise bowyer with.

Did we go 442 only because rhodes was Injured? Or before?

Duffy comes over as an opinionated gobby Scouser ala Murphy and Orr to name just two.

Yeah he is and his family also on Twitter. Not like rovera fans are critisising for no reason. We've had it worse than most clubs this last 5 years.

Anyone who thinks we moan a lot should read that Hudds forum Down at the Mac. They pull more holes in things than we do, remarkably similar concerns regarding their manager as we have with ours. Not long ago he was a big hero there after coming in to halt a slide, now he's useless it seems. Only Rovers fans hold the right to whinge though eh...

Living away I always log in to see the reactions to our games. I was quite pleased with a point but having read this thread I am now very despondent.

Do message boards encourage negativity as it's always easier to criticise than praise?

Gary Bowyer can never do right by some people.

He is the first manager in our long and prestigious history to operate under a transfer embargo. He has made 6 signings to date to attempt to make us competitive. I'm sure he knows we are not going to be challenging for top two in this division.

He knows more about football than some of his critics on here who have no experience of football management.

He is not to blame for past mismanagement and has to cut his cloth accordingly.

If he is successful then we will all be happy. If he fails then he will be replaced. It has been like this throughout our history.

I am coming north for the Bolton game later this month to support the team. I hope to see you at Ewood.

Archived