BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Huddersfield Away. 15Th August

All this from the new venkette and someone who turned his back .

Yes I hate the slum dogs but I have not turned my back on rovers .

Maybe time you did then, your bitterness seems to be all consuming. Can't be doing yiou any good can it? tbh Abbey I can't rem the last time you made a positive comment about the club. I know the venkys screwed up, I know GB isn't everyones cup of tea but it is still our club! You have simply have shut up shop on any positivity whatsoever.

For instance ....How about positively applauding the sales of Gestede and King? At least your hero can get a game now! :P

• Replies 483
  • Created
  • Last Reply

That will be engraved on Chaddy's gravestone.

And underneath

I'm not talked too yooo I'm ignored youou

Maybe time you did then, your bitterness seems to be all consuming. Can't be doing yiou any good can it? tbh Abbey I can't rem the last time you made a positive comment about the club. I know the venkys screwed up, I know GB isn't everyones cup of tea but it is still our club! You have simply have shut up shop on any positivity whatsoever.

For instance ....How about positively applauding the sales of Gestede and King? At least your hero can get a game now! :P

We are picking n choosing .. I'm on record praising them for Rhodes and there hard lined stance on him but you know that.

There's nothing else positive , unless you mean the ever growing debt , the embargo , knocked out four years on the bounce by crap teams or Gary's positive approach .

Couldn't agree more. Koita should be up front with Rhodes/Delfounso, with Apkan starting alongside Guthrie.

He has to start with 2 strikers! What were we doing at the end too? Did we not want 3 points instead of 1?!

Cracking finish from Delfounso by the way! He didn't do too badly when he got the service!

Agreed but you would have to shoot Lowe.

We are picking n choosing .. I'm on record praising them for Rhodes and there hard lined stance on him but you know that.

There's nothing else positive , unless you mean the ever growing debt , the embargo , knocked out four years on the bounce by crap teams or Gary's positive approach .

Thats cherry picking isn't it?

Anyway even the slightest criticism of JR is met by a standard accusation the 'haters gotta hate'. You need to consider that re: venkys, bowyer, shaw etc etc. Like Rhodes they have faults but like Rhodes they will be doing their best to improve BRFC in trying circumstances. Like Rhodes they have many weaknesses but I still want them all to succeedd. Whether or not they like Rhodes possesses the ability to make the step up is open to conjecture rather than constant criticism.

Not positive

I know......I did consider that might rebound when I posted. :rover: However I remain convinced that it is valid. How Olsson got Player of the Year I have no idea. I might have accept 'Most improved' but that means nothing.

So in summary.

Started Negative - Poor

Became Positive - Better.

Not rocket science Gaz.

But I keep hearing that he's learning?

Options:

1) Bowyer spots this trend and starts to attack teams - with the right personnel, formation and tactics. Now that's a lot to take in, I appreciate, especially when one is so entrenched in the holy grain of 0-0 so that gives rise to...

2) Replace Bowyer who is capable of doing what is required in Option 1.

It would be an interesting experiment to see how we would get on if he picked Lowe for the bench for instance - even if fit. He has become the personification of Bowyer's negativity, and, much like when Ince kept picking Andrews, it is a visible downer when he is seen in the starting line up.

- Lowe AND Williamson/Evans starting = we know what to expect and we end up watching dross

- None or only ONE of the above starting = the only bit of excitement a Rovers fan gets these days because it gives some hope.

Some research (attacking, or attack-minded, players in bold):

v Charlton (attacking 7) - only one recognised DM played:

Eastwood, Henley, Duffy, Kilgallon, Taylor, Marshall, Cairney, Williamson, Dunn (Varney 72), Conway, Brown

v Swansea (attacking 7) - started with the deadly duo but the inclusion of King and him getting forward brought about the red card early on and Bowyer changed on 41 mins bringing off one DM and bringing on an attacking one, going on to score two more:

Eastwood, Henley, Duffy, Kilgallon, Olsson, Taylor, Williamson (Dunn 41 (Rhodes 77)), Lowe, Conway, Cairney, King, (Gestede 60)

at41minutessubstituted foRhodesaminute

v Stoke (attacking 8) - I was actually very pleased with this line-up - one recognised DM - included a game changing penalty and red card (due to attacking!!!):

Eastwood, Henley, Duffy, Kilgallon, Olsson, Taylor, Cairney, Williamson (Evans 45), Marshall (Conway 11), Gestede, King (Varney 78)

v Liverpool (attacking 6) - Ground out a result - albeit a very good one, against a Liverpool team who lost in the following round but this signalled the end of the attacking run, with two DMs preferred[/b]

Eastwood, Henley, Baptiste, Kilgallon, Olsson, Williamson, Evans, Conway, Cairney, Marshall (Taylor 68), Gestede

Some musings about that cup run:

- Taylor was talismanic and, despite scoring in the previous round, was dropped for the Liverpool away game

- King's pace haunted teams and earned results - including causing problems for opposition defenders

- Anyone notice anything else about the 'consistency' of the centre back pairing (again up to the Liverpool game - which was still a clean sheet)? Who was included in every round and who was omitted every round?

- Any ideas as to which player was brought back into the side for the league match following each of those results, and how we did? Let me save you guessing:

* Swansea = Duffy + Kilgallon --> Hanley + Kilgallon (L 0-2 Derby)

* Stoke = Duffy + Kilgallon --> Kilgallon + Hanley (D 1-1 Cardiff)

* Liverpool = Baptiste + Kilgallon --> Henry + Kilgallon (W 1-0 Bolton)

Attacking is (or at least was) and we don't (didn't).

How Olsson got Player of the Year I have no idea.

I do. Reflective glory.

How come you rate Petshi so highly?

Has he even played against anyone higher than league 1?

Not having a go, just interested to see how you've formed that opinion.

From what I saw yesterday, he put himself about a bit in the middle, which is what we've been missing for years. I agree though that there will be tougher tests than yesterday.

Davies has been out of work for two years now. Why do you think that is?

Probably because he's as mad as a cut snake as they down here in the Antipodes. Other than that he has a decentish track record. I wouldn't be too upset if he was our next boss, dependent on the circumstances of course.

Not read any of the other comments but from yesterday I thought:

- I really dislike Duffy. If he spent as much time concentrating on his own performance as he does berating anyone around him (often for his own mistake) then maybe he'd be a better player

- Players seemed to be arguing with each other quite a bit in the first half, not a great sign

- Barrow was good, lots of pace. Wish he'd have stayed on

- Good finish from Delfounso. I wasn't overly impressed by his signing but if he chips in with a few goals then will be happy with that

Seems my long held observations that our 1st choice full backs Henley and Olsson are our weakest links defensively and not up to the job at this level is finally gaining some support.

Olsson is good enough, 2 dodgy games and everyone forgets he was player of the year last season! Henley has never been good enough, kid in a mans league and needs to out on loan to league 1. You need men and leaders at centre half and centre midfield, people who hate to get beat, Bowyer hasn't brought in anyone like that so he's just as responsible.

For what it's worth, I've seen a few games from Duffy since he joined before he get injured and against Stoke to suggest that given the correct centre half along side him, could be a good player. He and Kilgallon on occasion last season looked by far the best pairing and then Duffy was dropped to accommodate Hanley, everyone on here and Twitter was outraged by it but it seems to have been forgotten over the summer. Just yet more evidence of Bowyer playing favourites and not his best squad.

For what it's worth, I've seen a few games from Duffy since he joined before he get injured and against Stoke to suggest that given the correct centre half along side him, could be a good player. He and Kilgallon on occasion last season looked by far the best pairing and then Duffy was dropped to accommodate Hanley, everyone on here and Twitter was outraged by it but it seems to have been forgotten over the summer. Just yet more evidence of Bowyer playing favourites and not his best squad.

I'd drop Duffy for Kilgallon, I agree with cn, he's forever pointing at and blaming his team mates or shrugging his shoulders. Duffy has had three poor games and I don't like seeing central defenders ducking away from headers

I'd drop Duffy for Kilgallon, I agree with cn, he's forever pointing at and blaming his team mates or shrugging his shoulders. Duffy has had three poor games and I don't like seeing central defenders ducking away from headers

Hanley's made a career out of that and become captain on the back of it.

Monkey see, monkey do.

Rovers 3 Swansea 1
Henley, Duffy, Kilgallon, Olsson

Rovers 4 Stoke 1

Liverpool 0 Rovers 0
Henley, Baptiste, Kilgallon, Olsson

So clearly Duffy & Hanley are our best partnership. :blink:

Rovers 3 Swansea 1

Rovers 4 Stoke 1

Liverpool 0 Rovers 0

Henley, Baptiste, Kilgallon, Olsson

So clearly Duffy & Hanley are our best partnership. :blink:

Squad value................ B)

So now Bowyer is being hailed by some as a tactical magician because he made his last two substitutions when Rovers chasing the game with only 30 minutes to go.

Okay, he might have not changed anything, as he has done before, but any supporter with a modicum of knowledge would have known what was needed and predicted what he was going to do - under the circumstances, and the players available on the bench, there was nothing else he could do !

How many games before Bowyer realises we haven't got the quality of player to do a 4/2/3/1 or a 4/3/3.

Also time to drop all this nonsense and fanciful thinking that Marshall is a number 10 who can play 'in the hole'.

Bowyer continues to fail as still doesn't know how to get the best out of his available resources.

According to radio lancs (who, unlike most on here, are likely to be unbiased), we were terrible first half and they also said we deserved to be 1 goal behind just before we equalised. After that they said either side looked as likely to score.

I think those people saying we were unlucky not to get anything out of the first game against wolves may have to also admit that maybe we were lucky to get a point yesterday.

From what I saw yesterday, he put himself about a bit in the middle, which is what we've been missing for years. I agree though that there will be tougher tests than yesterday.

Ah, you must mean Akpan? Petshi didn't play.

But definitely, we haven't had anyone who gets stuck in playing centre mid for a while now.

Lowe got slated by the radio Rovers commentators for just running to the player in possession and just standing there without even attempting a tackle.

Watched the whole game back on Rovers Player. We passed the ball well enough but sat about 30 yards too deep and left the lone striker totally isolated until we switched to 442. No ambition at all.

When we went 442 suddenly we were overlapping well and getting 4 into the box regularly. Marshall and Conway both looked more comfortable. It was chalk and cheese as far as the midfield goes.

Only point Id have beyond what has been said already is Koita and Delf were both quite disappointing imo. Really excited to see Koita, and he started very well with the knock down for the goal which Delf took well. But in the remainder of the game I think Koita only managed to lay off once and he never took a shot on. Lots of miscontrol, missing headers and wasted passes etc. Delf was a similar story. From the positions they were in they should have achieved more.

Also Lowe has to be dropped. So negative again. Apkan and Guthrie in the middle please.

Ah, you must mean Akpan? Petshi didn't play.

But definitely, we haven't had anyone who gets stuck in playing centre mid for a while now.

Lowe got slated by the radio Rovers commentators for just running to the player in possession and just standing there without even attempting a tackle.

That's all he ever usually does but to GB that is deemed worthy of a guaranteed starting place for some odd reason.

Archived