BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Huddersfield Away. 15Th August

• Replies 483
  • Created
  • Last Reply

First half was a very poor display. We offered absolutely nothing. Looked fragile in defence every time Huddersfield got forward. Little/no outlet other than Barrow and sometimes Conway. No opportunities other than the one shot that Rhodes had. No pressure, no intensity, struggled to string two passes together, gave the ball away time after time.

Huddersfield had to do very little for their 1-0 lead and probably couldn't believe how comfortably they were able to protect their lead.

Things could only get better in the second half, and thankfully they did. I think Bowyer realised just how bad it had been and that was the trigger for him making the double substitution so early when he usually likes to leave it longer. He got the substitutions spot on, and the arrivals of Koita and Delfouneso and change to 442 with Marshall on the right side changed the game with us getting an equalizer with our first foray into their box.

My biggest frustration was that we were happy with the 1-1 and spent the last 15-20 minutes happily ensuring that Huddersfield didn't get another opportunity and slowing the game down.

Now given our performance over the 90 minutes I'm reasonably happy with a point, but make no mistake, Huddersfield are a poor side, and when we got our act together in the last 30 minutes the game was there for the taking. Regardless of our 1st half horror show, when things clicked we had a lot of time to take advantage of a side short on confidence. We didn't do enough to get the second.

Compare to Brighton today, who at 1-1 at Fulham got forward late in the game and won a 94th minute penalty to take the 3 points. We will never do that because we're happy with the draw and won't get people forward late in the game to take the 3 points. Very frustrating. Most other sides would have gone on to win that game today, or at least thrown everything at winning it late on.

I'm beginning to think Duffy is a bit of a gobshite. Noticed last season before he was out and now he's at it again after only 2 games. Whenever people blow smoke up his jacksy on there as people often do he never replies or favourites the tweet or anything yet as soon as the mildest bit of flack comes he gets into rows. Hanley does seem to ignore him on the pitch, a real uncomfortable partnership that looks.

He acknowledges both positive and negative tweets, too be fair if I was a player and was getting stick on twitter I wouldn't take it. Especially off some of our deluded lot on there, a few were slating Raya when the team line up was announced on there. Ridiculous

He acknowledges both positive and negative tweets, too be fair if I was a player and was getting stick on twitter I wouldn't take it. Especially off some of our deluded lot on there, a few were slating Raya when the team line up was announced on there. Ridiculous

Fair enough if he does that then, I don't follow him so it seems people only retweet the negative stuff. I really don't think they should get into spats though as for all they know they could be being wound up by rival fans which does go on.

The lack of movement in our team has been worse than ever in the two league games this season (I wasn't at the cup game) and I have never seen a 4-2-3-1 look so rigid. Lowe, Guthrie and the full backs all stay very deep and don't try and join in with attacks. This must be an instruction from the manager. He is relying on all attacks being carved out by the front four without support from others. It's a ridiculously defensive way to set up but we still look so vulnerable at the back.

Mate have you been in a bunker for 5 years and woken up this morning?

On the contrary - I think it is important to acknowledge the mistakes of the past, but then to focus most of my energy on what positive things can be done to move forward.

I agree that the management structure at Ewood is still suspect. But the front-end decisions - like Best and co being shipped out, and tidy players like Guthrie signed on a free are sensible.

Nobody thinks things are great at Rovers, but I see no point in wollowing in yesterdays mistakes.

On the contrary - I think it is important to acknowledge the mistakes of the past, but then to focus most of my energy on what positive things can be done to move forward.

I agree that the management structure at Ewood is still suspect. But the front-end decisions - like Best and co being shipped out, and tidy players like Guthrie signed on a free are sensible.

Nobody thinks things are great at Rovers, but I see no point in wollowing in yesterdays mistakes.

The reality is though that we've got a manager who doesn't have a clue how to use half decent players though. Koita, Barrow, Guthrie and Petshi (Deflounso at a push), all look like they could be something decent.

However, when you've got a manager who couldn't a organise hop-scotch contest, that's when issues start arising.

Mark my words: this squad had the potential to be better than last year's squad. From what I've seen so far, we've got a winger ( Barrow), who could beat any full back in this league (not had that for years!); a midfielder (Petshi) who can more than match Cairney's passing ability, whilst being a hell of a lot more physical (not had that for years too!); as well as a striker who looks like he's got pace to burn with Koita. The lad could run give any defender, in this league, a run for his money!

Give this squad to someone like Billy Davies, and they'd give the play-offs a dam good go! Parts of today's second half showed how good we could be, after ONE go at attacking. Meanwhile,we've got Gary who's fannying around with sticking 11 men behind the ball.

Living away I always log in to see the reactions to our games. I was quite pleased with a point but having read this thread I am now very despondent.

Do message boards encourage negativity as it's always easier to criticise than praise?

Gary Bowyer can never do right by some people.

He is the first manager in our long and prestigious history to operate under a transfer embargo. He has made 6 signings to date to attempt to make us competitive. I'm sure he knows we are not going to be challenging for top two in this division.

He knows more about football than some of his critics on here who have no experience of football management.

He is not to blame for past mismanagement and has to cut his cloth accordingly.

If he is successful then we will all be happy. If he fails then he will be replaced. It has been like this throughout our history.

I am coming north for the Bolton game later this month to support the team. I hope to see you at Ewood.

I do agree that negative argument is more exciting, easier to mount and more likely to find its way onto a message board.

I think the highlighted bit speaks to my sense of the problem. I don't think the current set up/agenda compares to our history.

The V's pattern has been to over promote and make cheap, expedient appointments to key positions. Even after dismantling us out of the premiership, they continued to waste the remaining opportunities to repair the damage.So many bewildering,awful signings! So many players, who hardly kicked a ball for the club.

Meanwhile,the football on offer remains woeful. Long standing problems on the pitch remain unsorted. No method, pattern or passion. GB's phrase "give it a right good go" is just so ironic.

Even in our poverty stricken Third Division years, we had an honest board, who could find an experienced manager. They gave us managers, who knew how to set up a team and manage a game. Oh for the likes of Furphy and Lee now! As for players,Tony Field, Kit Napier, Mick Heaton et al would give our current, molly coddled tossers a good football, work ethic lesson!

I can well imagine the frustration of a Rovers ex pat, reading so much negative stuff about far away blue and whites , but watching the whole club and belief in it dying before your very eyes is bad too-just a different kind of pain, I guess...

At 60, it is a very bad time to lose my faith, but an arrogant, dismissive hierarchy doesn't help, especially when they insist on dressing up the parish gardener as the priest!

Bought a ticket on the day for £30.50! Some drug football!

The first half display was absymal, what more is left to say about Lowe? Shane Duffy was usually out of position without the ball and slicing it either out of play or to the Hudds players with it.

Second half turned on the (for once) pro active nature of the subs. I have seen too many false dawns with our midfielders over the last few seasons- Evans and spearing to name two, however Akpan actually played like an ACTUAL holding player, protected the back 4, covered the ground and looked to press forward or get the ball to the wingers.

Barrow looked promising, rapid, of course, but looks to have a better head for the game than King.

Lowe obviously has to play for reasons unknown, so shunt him to fullback, give Guthrie and Akpan a run of games and let's try for the first time in about 4 years to dominate a midfield.

If we had won 20-0 Bowyer should still be sacked on the spot. He is finished regardless of what happens, he has proven that we will always go backwards even if he goes on a few lucky streaks. You have to be unimaginably blind at this point to still want him to stay.

Gosh we have some miserable fans on here. Huddersfield have a settled side with a couple of useful players and we drew with them away.

We brought in 10 million plus from player sales this summer and have spent nothing - we have had to get 4 freebies in to replace them so it will take time for it all to gel.

Fans taking an away point today as cause to protest?! Not very supportive

People talk about rhodes haters, bowyer haters and how 'haters gotta hate' but i've detected a new breed recently..... 'Rovers haters'. some and they wont like this but they will know who they are are so embittered and have said so much adverse comment in the past that they resent any decent result that the team gets. Probably imo for fear of ridicule for their previous comments. Any success whatsoever is being greeted by some with silly little comments and quips which frequently descend into criticism, disparaging comment and worse... actual hatred! If we perform like we did on tuesday then there may be a case to answer but not for being cheated out of all 3 points v wolves and a respectable result away to huddersfield.

I asked on Friday to no avail .

Show us where they have acknowledged they made mistakes and apologied.

I agree there ParsonBlue. But dont forget we can't be positive about Rovers cos the Anti-positive gang wont like it. Haha.

Some old childish comments from the them and nothing from them about the game.

You can't help yourself can you

you've just backed him up abbey! ^_^

People talk about rhodes haters, bowyer haters and how 'haters gotta hate' but i've detected a new breed recently..... 'Rovers haters'. some and they wont like this but they will know who they are are so embittered and have said so much adverse comment in the past that they resent any decent result that the team gets. Probably imo for fear of ridicule for their previous comments. Any success whatsoever is being greeted by some with silly little comments and quips which frequently descend into criticism, disparaging comment and worse... actual hatred! If we perform like we did on tuesday then there may be a case to answer but not for being cheated out of all 3 points v wolves and a respectable result away to huddersfield.

All this from the new venkette and someone who turned his back .

Yes I hate the slum dogs but I have not turned my back on rovers .

a shiit footballer and ill educated too. My, we are scraping the barrel these days.

Infantile comment.

BUT I would agree if you said that footballers should be banned from using social media and any comments punished by a club fine. He's probably right in what he said but there is nothing good to gain by him saying it.

Thats when Bowyer lost me to be honest. Done precious little to restore my confidence.

The Bolton away performance did my head in and the Burnley game hurt like hell but I do recall that we did go on a long unbeaten run straight after. Have you forgotten that?

No the line up was right. Barrow pace and skills caused problems. But we didnt use the ball good enough.

We need to go 2 up front. And Bowyer did. Delfouneso pace and running in behind caused problems.

Unbelievable post.. If we need two up front the line up was wrong. Carry on happy clapping Chaddy but don't push it on us.

Archived