BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Huddersfield Away. 15Th August

I thought the manager took a huge gamble in using his subs so early but it more than paid off. He often gets stick for his subs but today he was bang on the money with them. After a very poor first half we looked much better once Koita and Delfouneso went up front and Akpan did a decent job in midfield. Once again the Hanley/Duffy partnership didn't work, particularly in the first half although I thought Hanley was excellent after the interval. A good point from what turned out to be an entertaining game. The quality of the football might not always have been great but it did become end to end stuff.

• Replies 483
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I heard GB on Radio Lancs and he said his subs were triffick again. He was very positive about the triffick decision he made and the triffick impact they had on the game.

You have to hand it to GB. He probably made his own triffick 1/2 time leadership speech to his his lads and that is what turned it around.

We do have such a triffick manager in GB and the point he gained thanks to his triffick substitutions probably gave him another season.

Hail GB.

The lads were triffick in giving it a right good go

I thought the manager took a huge gamble in using his subs so early but it more than paid off. He often gets stick for his subs but today he was bang on the money with them. After a very poor first half we looked much better once Koita and Delfouneso went up front and Akpan did a decent job in midfield. Once again the Hanley/Duffy partnership didn't work, particularly in the first half although I thought Hanley was excellent after the interval. A good point from what turned out to be an entertaining game. The quality of the football might not always have been great but it did become end to end stuff.

I agree there ParsonBlue. But dont forget we can't be positive about Rovers cos the Anti-positive gang wont like it. Haha.

Some old childish comments from the them and nothing from them about the game.

• Backroom

I agree there ParsonBlue. But dont forget we can't be positive about Rovers cos the Anti-positive gang wont like it. Haha.

Come on chaddy don't talk about childish comments with a post like that

You can't help yourself can you

What did that add?

Parson gives a review and you try and wind a few up..........

Agree credit for the subs Parson. But you seem to gloss over a very poor 1st half? Doesn't that concern you? We could've and should've been buried before half time.

At half time I would have settled for a point given how poor we were, particularly from a defensive point of view. Losing Rhodes was a blow at the time but turned out to be a blessing in disguise with Koita giving us something different. His deft header to Delfounsuo from Marshalls cross was something that Rhodes couldn't have done.

I was really impressed by Akpan who looked a tough hugger and got stuck in. He played in a defensive role and as a result Hanley and Duffy looked far better. In fact he was my man of the match which tells you everything about the first half debacle. After persisting with the non tackling midfielders for some time I hope Bowyer starts Akpan on Tuesday.

The double substitution and change of shape was a turning point and for once Bowyer was bold. I hope he wrote this in his notepad and refers to his notes when deciding his tactics for Tuesday.

GB is the sort of chap you would want with you in a tent in the Antartica when you have run out of fuel and food when Calor Gas and Waitrose refuse to deliver.

He is a true leader, the sort of bloke who Shackleton, Scott, Admundsen and Derek Shaw would be proud of.

Agree credit for the subs Parson. But you seem to gloss over a very poor 1st half? Doesn't that concern you? We could've and should've been buried before half time.

It was just a quick view Blue Blood, I comment in more detail on the first half in my match report.

Just back. Some thoughts:

First half amongst the worst I've ever seen. Easily could have been 2 or 3 nil down.

The defence was a liability. The full backs were especially poor and offered little. Low-light being when Henley wasn't paying attention and let a free kick by our cb fire off him. Olsson couldn't find a red shirt all game.

The midfield offered no protection to the defence whatsoever. Their ball retention was poor, as was their distribution. Marshall is NOT a number 10 and was anonymous there.

Our wingers were our best players. Barrow looked very lively and they struggled to cope with him.

We are much better playing 442 for a number of reasons. Firstly we have a better chance (double) of doing something with the aimless punts, secondly we aren't solid with a 5 man midfield and so lose nothing there and thirdly our best play comes from crosses and getting it out wide. 2 in the middle gives more to aim for. We looked much more threatening with 442 and duely got back into it and played to our strengths.

The subs and formation change worked a treat. Well done Garry. Bit bemused our best player went off but we had more bite and played some good stuff.

Huddersfield aren't that good. Our goal was schoolboy stuff. Shame we didn't put them under more pressure. Their brittleness encouraged me there are teams weaker than us so we won't go down. (if you can't beat a team that performs as badly as us in the first half you have real issues.)

Raya made some amazing saves. His constant playing it short hinders us though.

Both teams accepted a point and eased off the last 5-10 minutes. This annoyed me a lot and showed our lack of ambition.

Hanley hates Duffy and won't mark who hw should if Duffy points out his error. What a pillock.

We ain't getting anywhere near top half on todays performance. Bowyer also needs potting for letting a team play such an abject first half (amongst his other faults.)

Finishing on a positive some lively cameos from Koita, Hope and Delfy.

They battered us first half, we edged the second. We're off the board for the magical 40 point total.

Cheers for that, good read :tu:

BBC and Sky both saying Huddersfield bossed the game and deserved the three points. Sounds like we got away with it and nicked a point.

They certainly bossed the first half but I thought overall we were the better team in the second half. For me the draw was fair.

Gosh we have some miserable fans on here. Huddersfield have a settled side with a couple of useful players and we drew with them away.

We brought in 10 million plus from player sales this summer and have spent nothing - we have had to get 4 freebies in to replace them so it will take time for it all to gel.

Fans taking an away point today as cause to protest?! Not very supportive

Mate have you been in a bunker for 5 years and woken up this morning?

• Backroom

Tuesday's match is crucial for me. Win that and we'll have picked up 4 points out of 9, which wouldn't be a disastrous return considering our team and manager. Lose or draw and we'll only have picked up 1/2 points out of 9, which would be a poor return and signal we're likely in for a long and very difficult season - particularly if we lose Jordan before the window shuts.

The only even remotely redeeming feature of today was I won't be on the receiving end of mockery at work. We were absolutely awful except for a 10/15 minute spell. Town will be worried they couldn't beat such woeful opposition.

Unless things turn round rapidly or there are really 3 worse tasks, next season will be same time, same place, different division.

Archived