BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Huddersfield Away. 15Th August

• Replies 483
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Backroom

No the line up was right. Barrow pace and skills caused problems. But we didnt use the ball good enough.

We need to go 2 up front. And Bowyer did. Delfouneso pace and running in behind caused problems.

You say the lineup was right but pre match you suggested Koita and Rhodes up top.

If we got it right but was against what you thought and still went in 1-0 down then how does that work?

Yep a fantastic point after going 1 nil down early then sitting deep for the entire first half and causing a bang average team no problems whatsoever. A desperate double sub led to the equaliser but sounded like it had more to do with actually putting Marshall in his natural god damn position for once !

Bowyer got out of jail again today, simple as that.

Has the Yorkshire police been alerted ?

Today's point had magical and somewhat dangerous powers ...

It's erased buckrovers memories of the recent past .

Another factual and considered response ;)

Keep posting childish comments against anyone who's every post is not wollowing in the misery of what has gone on. You will continue to be supported on this messageboard. Hate and misery are lapped up by the vocal few.

You say the lineup was right but pre match you suggested Koita and Rhodes up top.

If we got it right but was against what you thought and still went in 1-0 down then how does that work?

I like formation and if played better and defencing better we might be talking about a win.

Second half when we went 4-4-2 we were much better and we upped our tempo.

We needed to use Barrow more and his pace. It troubled their defence for sure. More to come from him.

• Backroom

I like formation and if played better and defencing better we might be talking about a win.

Second half when we went 4-4-2 we were much better and we upped our tempo.

We needed to use Barrow more and his pace. It troubled their defence for sure. More to come from him.

That would indicate we need to go 4-4-2 and get rid of the failing starting formation

Another factual and considered response ;)

Keep posting childish comments against anyone who's every post is not wollowing in the misery of what has gone on. You will continue to be supported on this messageboard. Hate and misery are lapped up by the vocal few.

Bucksrover, on 15 Aug 2015 - 5:50 PM, said:snapback.png

So essentially people want to miss games now the club is making some sensible decisions -

how is the above factual...childish haha is that best ya got?

No pal, it would be either preventative or proactive.

It's no good being a pedant if you're wrong.

adjective
serving to prepare for, intervene in, or control an expected occurrence or situation, especially a negative or difficult one; anticipatory

so i'm not wrong, preventative applies.

Proactive, according to the cambridge dictionary: taking action by causing change

and not only reacting to change when it happens

Bowyer caused change by bringing on the sub that equalised, regardless of the score. Prof Chadster was right.

Bucksrover, on 15 Aug 2015 - 5:50 PM, said:snapback.png

how is the above factual...childish haha is that best ya got?

Before that extract of the quote I had detailed the sensible decisions I was referring to.

I wasn't using childish as an insult, it was an observation of how you conduct yourself on here. You are the self-elected playground bully, incapable of reasoning or discussing issues like a grown-up. Bit sad really.

Proactive, according to the cambridge dictionary: taking action by causing change

Bowyer caused change by bringing on the sub that equalised, regardless of the score. Prof Chadster was right.

It can be applied to both situations.

A draw ;)

Before that extract of the quote I had detailed the sensible decisions I was referring to.

I wasn't using childish as an insult, it was an observation of how you conduct yourself on here. You are the self-elected playground bully, incapable of reasoning or discussing issues like a grown-up. Bit sad really.

childish wasnt insult? ok whatever

bully? er dont bully anyone

incapable of discussing ? what a pompus ,arrogent & crack pot thing to say.

not grown up and sad ? ha what a childish post

Awful first half, better second, would've easily scored at least one more if we'd pressed on, but sat depressingly deep as we do.

Koita and Akpan should start.

Couldn't agree more. Koita should be up front with Rhodes/Delfounso, with Apkan starting alongside Guthrie.

He has to start with 2 strikers! What were we doing at the end too? Did we not want 3 points instead of 1?!

Cracking finish from Delfounso by the way! He didn't do too badly when he got the service!

We looked much more positive after the substitutions. Too positive for a Bowyer team.

What were we doing at the end too? Did we not want 3 points instead of 1?!

In extra time we couldn't string three passes together when the game was there for the taking. Very frustrating.

Akpan looked decent too. Koita never got a shot away - boo.

Just back. Some thoughts:

First half amongst the worst I've ever seen. Easily could have been 2 or 3 nil down.

The defence was a liability. The full backs were especially poor and offered little. Low-light being when Henley wasn't paying attention and let a free kick by our cb fire off him. Olsson couldn't find a red shirt all game.

The midfield offered no protection to the defence whatsoever. Their ball retention was poor, as was their distribution. Marshall is NOT a number 10 and was anonymous there.

Our wingers were our best players. Barrow looked very lively and they struggled to cope with him.

We are much better playing 442 for a number of reasons. Firstly we have a better chance (double) of doing something with the aimless punts, secondly we aren't solid with a 5 man midfield and so lose nothing there and thirdly our best play comes from crosses and getting it out wide. 2 in the middle gives more to aim for. We looked much more threatening with 442 and duely got back into it and played to our strengths.

The subs and formation change worked a treat. Well done Garry. Bit bemused our best player went off but we had more bite and played some good stuff.

Huddersfield aren't that good. Our goal was schoolboy stuff. Shame we didn't put them under more pressure. Their brittleness encouraged me there are teams weaker than us so we won't go down. (if you can't beat a team that performs as badly as us in the first half you have real issues.)

Raya made some amazing saves. His constant playing it short hinders us though.

Both teams accepted a point and eased off the last 5-10 minutes. This annoyed me a lot and showed our lack of ambition.

Hanley hates Duffy and won't mark who hw should if Duffy points out his error. What a pillock.

We ain't getting anywhere near top half on todays performance. Bowyer also needs potting for letting a team play such an abject first half (amongst his other faults.)

Finishing on a positive some lively cameos from Koita, Hope and Delfy.

They battered us first half, we edged the second. We're off the board for the magical 40 point total.

Lord above, keep track of your own statements. Let me help.

You: Surely that would be preventative?

This is quite clearly an attempt to correct me. Then I responded by saying either word would apply.

And now you tell me that preventative applies. Which I never said it didn't. In fact I said it did, also, apply.

Struth.

'and not only reacting to change'...which is what he did. Reacting to the negative score. Reactive. Like my initial point. Not proactive.

It can be applied to both situations.

A draw ;)

Reassess.

Good point.

Rovers poor 1st half. Caused a few problems 1st half but not good enough.

2nd half much better when we went 4-4-2 after 55/60mins or so. Bowyer decided to make the 2 changes and change formation. He was proactive. Marshall better from the right.

Akpan was good and he made tackles and some good short and long passes.

Delfouneso's goal was well taken and he made some good runs.

Rovers deserved a point at Least.

We were battered first half. A better team would have finished us off. We did not deserve at least a point at all. No way on earth you can say that when we were mullered first half.

Also starting formation totally wrong meaning we offered nothing offensively as well as our usually abject defending.

Incidentally even in the second half Huddersfield had 3 great chances to score. I'm all for being optimistic but let's not fabricate what happened.

Bucksrover and chaddy sitting in a tree, k.I.s.s.I.n.g... I know that's childish but I couldn't help it

Well Ive spoken to some Huddersfield fans who all said we deserved a point each

Sometimes chaddy your responses are out of the schoolboy handbook, no offence

Well Ive spoken to some Huddersfield fans who all said we deserved a point each

Mw too. But at least - that suggests we deserved more. And in honesty 2nd half they had as many chances as us albeit us having more possession. A team that is that woeful in the first half hasn't any right to feel aggrieved with anything.

Anyhow this may be coming across hyper-critical of you which isn't my intention, I just massively disagree but I'll leave it there. Think I'm very gutted we can still play so badly and have learned so little despite the previous 2 seasons.

I heard GB on Radio Lancs and he said his subs were triffick again. He was very positive about the triffick decision he made and the triffick impact they had on the game.

You have to hand it to GB. He probably made his own triffick 1/2 time leadership speech to his his lads and that is what turned it around.

We do have such a triffick manager in GB and the point he gained thanks to his triffick substitutions probably gave him another season.

Hail GB.

Archived