BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Bowyer Most Likely Not Sacked

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

They are but as I said on Saturday that does not mean that she will sack him. My feeling is that they will give him the Bolton game, win that and he will be allowed to continue and use the international break to work on things. Lose and I think that may well be the end for Gary.

My personal feeling is that he has "lost" a massive chunk of Rovers fans and it might be in the best interests of all concerned that he is let go now, we can't have this situation whereby it becomes a game by game thing. Win and everything is ok, lose and his position is in jeopardy with fans calling for his head. That won't help anyone.

The Sun report from Saturday has done a lot of damage as it the players will also have read it and it is human nature to think that his days are numbered, once you get to that kinda situation it is hard (but not impossible) to turn things round.

Perhaps the real reason why someone leaked it...dead man walking

In your opinion. Maybe the actual fact is Dunn simply wasn't fit enough?

We only have his word for it but Dunn has said he was fit a lot of the time that he was not playing. Who do we believe?

• Backroom

sell Rhodes and get out of FFP. Concentrate on damage limitation with a view to having a punt on promo in the next 3 seasons

I assume you mean promotion from League 1, as if we sell Rhodes that is where we'll be.

With all respect Mani (genuinely) - I have lost count of the amount of times you respond with "If only you/we knew..." and offer nothing else.

What do you want me to say mate. I was outed on here (as we all know) so you know my links. But what you're asking is for me to diminish the name of a club legend and a friend in order to back myself up?

I actually release LOADS of info on here about what I know mate. Some of it reading between the lines of my post. Other bits through other members in an indirect way.

There are lots of people on here who rationalise their point of view..you included. But when you use the word "cowardly" that denotes a stronger opinion which is based on knowledge.

I know that there was nothing "cowardly" about any persons actions in Dunn being released as I am privy to both parties feelings on it.

Perhaps the real reason why someone leaked it...dead man walking

We only have his word for it but Dunn has said he was fit a lot of the time that he was not playing. Who do we believe?

With the evidence of my own eyes, Dunn's legs have gone. To suggest Bowyer 'cowardly froze him out' makes little sense. Anyway that's been done to death on another thread.

We have enough genuine reasons to complain about the manager at the moment without making them up.

What do you want me to say mate. I was outed on here (as we all know) so you know my links. But what you're asking is for me to diminish the name of a club legend and a friend in order to back myself up?

I actually release LOADS of info on here about what I know mate. Some of it reading between the lines of my post. Other bits through other members in an indirect way.

There are lots of people on here who rationalise their point of view..you included. But when you use the word "cowardly" that denotes a stronger opinion which is based on knowledge.

I know that there was nothing "cowardly" about any persons actions in Dunn being released as I am privy to both parties feelings on it.

That alledged connection does not allow you free reign to besmeerch a respected ex Rovers good name without any evidence. Otherwise it's just IYO

With the evidence of my own eyes, Dunn's legs have gone. To suggest Bowyer 'cowardly froze him out' makes little sense. Anyway that's been done to death on another thread.

We have enough genuine reasons to complain about the manager at the moment without making them up.

Ok but imo a half fit Dunn for 60 mins is much better than some of the crap we now have

I don't tend to believe the friend of a friend stuff Andy but if you read the article Dunn himself hints at being frozen out. He stops short of naming names but I think it is directed at Bowyer. This is the telling bit:

“Towards the last six months of my career there, there were too many things I was not agreeing with,” said Dunn, who has not taken on any coaching responsibilities at Oldham.

“It was not that I was not happy with not being played, it was a case of not getting the opportunities to play.

“If I did not warrant a place, then I would have had no problem with that. But I felt I should have been playing.

http://www.lancashiretelegraph.co.uk/sport/13523433.Blackburn_Rovers_legend_David_Dunn_dreaming_of_Wembley_swansong/

I don't tend to believe the friend of a friend stuff Andy but if you read the article Dunn himself hints at being frozen out. He stops short of naming names but I think it is directed at Bowyer. This is the telling bit:

“Towards the last six months of my career there, there were too many things I was not agreeing with,” said Dunn, who has not taken on any coaching responsibilities at Oldham.

“It was not that I was not happy with not being played, it was a case of not getting the opportunities to play.

“If I did not warrant a place, then I would have had no problem with that. But I felt I should have been playing.

http://www.lancashiretelegraph.co.uk/sport/13523433.Blackburn_Rovers_legend_David_Dunn_dreaming_of_Wembley_swansong/

I never liked being left out of teams either Tony. He thinks he should have been playing, I wouldn't really expect anything else tbh. I honestly don't see anything in there that suggests anything untoward. Frozen out, not picked, same thing really but the reason for his omission is the key thing, and I repeat, Dunn's legs have gone. It is clear for all to see, he was made to look silly a couple of times in his last game and the Championship is an unforgiving league. We'll see how much game time he gets this season in a lower division. I suspect not too much.

What is all this mist eyed nonsense about Souness? Where does it come from? Credit to him for the signings of Berko and Brad but he only managed to get a fantastic squad of players assembled and backed by Walker millions promoted in second place after a massive tussle with a budget BWFC under Sam Allardyce. He did well for a couple of seasons too but as the squad dismantled itself he replaced top players with dross. Compare his signings to Hughes and he represents a massive fail in that dept.

Fact of the matter is that apart from his success at Rangers where again he had way way more money to spend than the rest of the Scottish Prem and his success with BRFC for the same reason his career has been much less than ordinary and in some cases disastrous. He's been sacked more times than I've had hot dinners, if not sacked it's only because he saw the writing on the wall and jumped first. He's not managed for a number of years for a reason... he's been sussed!

Here's something that might blow the myth out of the waters (of the River Darwen at least) http://www.theguardian.com/football/2008/may/04/sportfeatures.footballmanagers

btw Danny good signature......... you'd do well to heed it. :tu:

Misty eyed over souness ?

Let's see ,he's one of two managers ( 3 if full members counts ) in my lifetime that has won major silverware at Ewood .

How many trophies did Sam bring?

Like anyone, I'm always happy to receive a PM.

I personally have formed the opinion that over the course of his tenure, Bowyer has shown to be quite cowardly. Be that in tactical terms, player selection or player management. I have seen each and every experienced or vocal player exit the club and be frozen out in the process (admittedly, this is a follow on from Kean/Venky time). Dunn wasn't in the squad when fit and able to be and it is a well-known trait that when players start getting their coaching badges and are around the time of hanging their boots up, weak managers freeze them out and move them on - that's what I base my opinion on because Gaz ticks all the boxes...with a great big, fat bingo pen. He did a brilliant job as a caretaker, very mundane, passionless, predictable and muddled since.

Ok but imo a half fit Dunn for 60 mins is much better than some of the crap we now have

Yes, you may be right, but that simply comes down to a difference of opinion of the merits of certain players being picked over others, which is one of the fundamental football debates. It is a world apart from 'freezing someone out' (the implication being for non-football reasons).

I never liked being left out of teams either Tony. He thinks he should have been playing, I wouldn't really expect anything else tbh. I honestly don't see anything in there that suggests anything untoward. Frozen out, not picked, same thing really but the reason for his omission is the key thing, and I repeat, Dunn's legs have gone. It is clear for all to see, he was made to look silly a couple of times in his last game and the Championship is an unforgiving league. We'll see how much game time he gets this season in a lower division. I suspect not too much.

But then why did he get another 12 months of Bowyer? I read it that there were unspecified issues between him and Bowyer and judging from the way he pretty much snubbed Bowyer when he was substituted in his last game was telling.

I have seen these situations before when a manager feels that a strong character can destabilise a changing room or even that he feels he could be a threat to his job.

Yes, you may be right, but that simply comes down to a difference of opinion of the merits of certain players being picked over others, which is one of the fundamental football debates. It is a world apart from 'freezing someone out' (the implication being for non-football reasons).

So, if he was fit to play (like Dunn has said on more than one occasion) do you think he should have been at least on the bench?

Like anyone, I'm always happy to receive a PM.

I personally have formed the opinion that over the course of his tenure, Bowyer has shown to be quite cowardly. Be that in tactical terms, player selection or player management. I have seen each and every experienced or vocal player exit the club and be frozen out in the process (admittedly, this is a follow on from Kean/Venky time). Dunn wasn't in the squad when fit and able to be and it is a well-known trait that when players start getting their coaching badges and are around the time of hanging their boots up, weak managers freeze them out and move them on - that's what I base my opinion on because Gaz ticks all the boxes...with a great big, fat bingo pen. He did a brilliant job as a caretaker, very mundane, passionless, predictable and muddled since.

Yes, he has frozen several players out of the team / squad for very good reasons...but there was nothing cowardly about it. Open conversations...straight talking.

I actually agree regarding his tenure. I also think it's time for a change but I think he deserves more credit and respect for what he did.

Haha there is nothing playground about it Abbey. Basically mate, we're both Rovers fans but the difference is that I don't post unless I know it to be true. Very very simple.

But then why did he get another 12 months of Bowyer? I read it that there were unspecified issues between him and Bowyer and judging from the way he pretty much snubbed Bowyer when he was substituted in his last game was telling.

I have seen these situations before when a manager feels that a strong character can destabilise a changing room or even that he feels he could be a threat to his job.

But you're just speculating that this was the case with Dunny. Just because Dunn had the hump with Bowyer doesn't mean he was left out for non footballing reasons. We have plenty to beat Bowyer with as it is, without jumping to conclusions based on assumptions. I believe Dunny played well at Charlton in the cup, I wasn't there, but in the games I did see him play, I wouldn't have been picking him either, to be honest.

Every dog has its day. Kenny pretty much did the same with Garner after he arrived at the club, was that because he got caught smoking in the player's lounge or because his best days were behind him? Obviously the latter, but if this MB had been in existence back then, it would have been the former, without a doubt lol.

So, if he was fit to play (like Dunn has said on more than one occasion) do you think he should have been at least on the bench?

As I stated earlier Pedro, you may be right about whether he SHOULD have been picked, but the inference was that it was for non footballing reasons. Personally, I wouldn't have picked him but I can understand why some would. Just because Dunn said he was fit, doesn't actually mean he was by the way! Every footballer wants to be playing, its only natural.

I am totally surprised by all this. Venkys do not move quickly and does anyone have faith in them or Shaw selecting anyone better than Gazza.Only Sam could sort the situation out, and he is not going to come back here.

In order we must need:

-a statement on Venkys position vis a vis 'our' Club

- a resolution on the Jordan Rhodes situation(its so anomalous to have someone on 40k per week and Clubs offering us 12mn+ for him)

- a win against Notlob to just settle us down

Thank God this website was not born in the 94/95 Season.....it probably would have ben the last 0.01% to give the title to Manure.

As I stated earlier Pedro, you may be right about whether he SHOULD have been picked, but the inference was that it was for non footballing reasons. Personally, I wouldn't have picked him but I can understand why some would. Just because Dunn said he was fit, doesn't actually mean he was by the way! Every footballer wants to be playing, its only natural.

What reasons would you not pick Dunn if he was fit enough to play?

There is no inference on my part, I am absolutely certain he wasn't picked or played for non-footballing reasons.

What reasons would you not pick Dunn if he was fit enough to play?

There is no inference on my part, I am absolutely certain he wasn't picked or played for non-footballing reasons.

Dunn was a spent force - he may have said he was fit - but the few times I saw him play he looked knackered after 10 mins. Also - his only position seemed to be as a very slow forward - who would you have dropped Gestede or Rhodes ?

Archived