BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Bowyer Most Likely Not Sacked

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Cheers DE. Nothing would surprise me given Brockhall sounds like it's a holiday camp.

I thought the players looked lethargic throughout the game - certainly not as fit as the Brighton players as our lot seemed to tire quickly.

You do wonder if the owners gave Bowyer an ultimatum in the Summer, either directly or through Shaw.

Having not won in four league games, or if he has to reach a set number of points by a deadline, the agreement may have been that he steps down. Therefore if someone ITK at the club (or even Bowyer himself) has said "he's a goner" (or words to that effect) then it could be that at the next quarterly meeting he won't be able to meet his targets. Effectively making him a dead man walking, so to speak.

It may be that last night's news is accurate but the axe just takes weeks rather than hours to fall. In between now and the deadline he could win every game and still get potted such is the Venkys way.

It's complete conjecture but it would not surprise me at all.

A fan on a Brighton forum claimed the Rovers players were getting sloshed at the team hotel the night before the game.

Then Lowey and Henley were suddenly ill on Saturday.

The illness may well be unrelated, but maybe Kamy or Wheelock can ask questions to the club if the drinking is true?

If it's true, its scandalous.

6 out of 30+? We need a better ratio than that

Shaun you do talk bobbins at times.

The vast majority of Bowyers signings are making up the numbers and free transfers with potential.

The players he's paid decent fee's for have proven their worth or been sold for decent profit.

Hammer him by all means, but a blind man on a galloping horse can see he's an eye for a player.

• Backroom

The illness may well be unrelated, but maybe Kamy or Wheelock can ask questions to the club if the drinking is true?

Let's face it, the club aren't going to admit to it even if asked. It seems very coincidental that two players have a mysterious illness the day after rumours of late night drinking though.

Wouldn't expect either to 'rock the boat'.

Would not be surprised to see something in one of the 'rags' over the next day or two.

Add in his alleged interest in the Sheff Utd job and his general demeanour so far this season. Plus his repetitive quotes which with him being a reasonably intelligent man he will know how daft some of it sounds. Looks like things have been strained from before the season. Probably just the usual confusion.

something doesnt sound right.....no way to run a football club whatsoever

ha ha this could be the exact idea......what a complete joke we have become

Bowyer OUT

Shaw OUT

Venkys OUT

thats what they do

And things like this have never happened at other clubs ?

er no other club has been venkiefied

how can it be a view when the evidence is right there for us all to see. You're a lone voice now Parson. Now just what is your agenda?

I`m sure Parson doesnt need my help or support but I cannot allow this poster`s assertion that he is "a lone voice" to go unchallenged. I am of the same opinions as Parson with regards to the state of the club and the manager; perhaps its an age thing or more likely many years watching this great club of ours with its various peaks and troughs and trying to keep a rational perspective.

Parson shows his support for the club week in and week out. He is not an apologist for the manager or the owners and he does not control the "behind the scenes at Ewood".

The policy decisions and direction of the club are matters for the board and owners to debate and not on a fans forum.

At this moment in time we are in the bottom three and naturally people are getting panicky. I agree with Parson that the team is going through a restructuring with many new players and they need time and dare I say support. If Bowyer gets the team to gel and get a run of form the mood on here will hopefully change.

Bowyer has brought stability to the club and I dont think he has done badly in his tenure here achieving two top half positions.

6 out of 30+? We need a better ratio than that

Shaun you do talk bobbins at times.

The vast majority of Bowyers signings are making up the numbers and free transfers with potential.

The players he's paid decent fee's for have proven their worth or been sold for decent profit.

Hammer him by all means, but a blind man on a galloping horse can see he's an eye for a player.

Reading between the lines , I think Bowyer will be gone by Wednesday ...

His job is unteneable now !

Keans job was untenable for 13 or 14 months before he went. This is Venkys Rovers remember.

Someone tweeted a picture on Friday/Saturday 1:30am - Chris brown out on the @#/? in Brighton. Who knows which other squad members were there, the tweet mentioned "blackburn players"

Reading between the lines , I think Bowyer will be gone by Wednesday ...

His job is unteneable now !

This could get very messy , was Shaw at the game yesterday ??

normally youd think 'yea this is going to be a very interesting week now' but tbh i really wouldn't be surprised if we didn't hear anything else on the issue from the club all week and fridays game just goes ahead like nothing as happened. Obviously the fans will turn on bowyer or venkys bigtime at the reebok if the game doesn't go our way, but i get the sense that thats exactly what whoever leaked the story to the sun wants.

edit. hehe :wstu: obviously i meant at the bolton game(at ewood :P )

normally youd think 'yea this is going to be a very interesting week now' but tbh i really wouldn't be surprised if we didn't hear anything else on the issue from the club all week and fridays game just goes ahead like nothing as happened. Obviously the fans will turn on bowyer or venkys bigtime at the reebok if the game doesn't go our way, but i get the sense that thats exactly what whoever leaked the story to the sun wants.

:lol::lol::lol:

Archived