BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Bowyer Most Likely Not Sacked

I reckon Saint Gary the righteous may have got his mate from the paper to run the story. This could be to gain sympathy from the football world or to make Venky's do a u-turn. Honourable my arse!

I think you could well be talking out of your arse, with respect.

What makes you think the sun journalist is a mate of Bowyers?

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Backroom

Kamy said they were "very close"... not a mate, perhaps, but close enough for the journalist to be able to ring Bowyer and confirm whether the story was true or not.

I don't think for a second it was Bowyer who leaked the story - why would he? - but it is very, very strange.

Completely agree. You can't run a club on a match to match basis with the 'Sword of Damocles' hanging over the manager's head based on a particular result. You either believe he is the right man for the job and back him or you don't in which case you replace him.

If they're backing him they need to give him a vote of confidence if not get rid or find where the leak came from

..The plot thickens

All this has achieved is unrest in fan base, more confusion and probably sharper knives for the manager in the boardroom and press.

Assuming GB did it to benefit himself basically ignores all common sense. Using this assumption to then say Kean and GB are the same? Well athlete, you've won Jbizzles award for most ridiculous post of the week.

Is it not more tangible (what Kamy says) that the club are on a different page to the owners... Isn't this what causes all this @#/? in the first place?

Joe got to agree it's split the fan base further again remember the split caused by the programme seller

Kamy said they were "very close"... not a mate, perhaps, but close enough for the journalist to be able to ring Bowyer and confirm whether the story was true or not.

I don't think for a second it was Bowyer who leaked the story - why would he? - but it is very, very strange.

Probably wants a new contract, Venky's will probably oblige :lol:

Cos Kamy said they were close, do keep up.

Cos Kamy said they were close, do keep up.

It's bunkum, you know it and I know it.

He has his faults, but he's not the sort of guy to stoop so low, that's right out of that lying drunks handbook.

It's bunkum, you know it and I know it.

He has his faults, but he's not the sort of guy to stoop so low, that's right out of that lying drunks handbook.

How do you know that though GAV ? When backed into a corner under big pressure people can change, self preservation can become a nasty business.

How do you know that though GAV ? When backed into a corner under big pressure people can change, self preservation can become a nasty business.

You're right of course, but Bowyer seems a decent fella, honourable type, just don't think it's In his makeup.

The story is nothing more than a journalist putting out a speculative story based on Rovers' poor results, general unrest at the club and the owners' past record with sacking under-performing managers.

It's know as a flier in the newspaper business on the basis that sooner or later one of the stories will take off and actually come true.

Alan Nixon has made a very good living writing fliers.

If they're backing him they need to give him a vote of confidence if not get rid or find where the leak came from

A vote of confidence? That's asking a bit much - asking for them to get together and reach a unanimous decision. no, sorry. Mind you, it might cross a couple of their minds that maybe they should address last nights shenanigans, but probably easier to concentrate on chicken.

The story is nothing more than a journalist putting out a speculative story based on Rovers' poor results, general unrest at the club and the owners' past record with sacking under-performing managers.

It's know as a flier in the newspaper business on the basis that sooner or later one of the stories will take off and actually come true.

Alan Nixon has made a very good living writing fliers.

Was it Nixon though

From what I have been able to gather, Venky's indicated that they would consider Gary's position if we failed to get a win yesterday. That was leaked to Ken Lawrence at the sun who ran the Gary has been sacked story, and then changed it to he will be sacked within 48 hours. Venky's haven't decided what they are going to do so the sun running that story was very premature. What is makes this all the more curious is that Ken is very close to Gary, so am bemused that he ran the story in the first place as he could have easily checked directly with Gary due to the relationship that he has with him, unless someone told him to run as normally do the opposite when stuff is leaked to the press.

Messy situation all round.

Thanks Kamy for the update.

That what I thought it was very strange that Ken Lawrence didn't ask Bowyer about it. maybe it was leak by Shaw/Slivester/Myers or someone on the Rovers coaching staff told him? who knows

What happens next is anyone's guess. It is impossible to second guess what Venky's will do. You only have to go back to the final week of the Kean's reign of terror. Mrs D agreed to sack him on the Sunday night and press were briefed, so they ran stories that he was about to be sacked, only for Mrs D to change her mind on the Monday morning.

So the truth is no one knows what will happen next. But my gut feeling is that Gary will get the Bolton game and if he loses that then his position might become untenable if the fans turn on him.

is the decision to sack Bowyer down to Mrs D or will the other family members have a say aswell? will Shaw not have an input?

we don't want another Kean situation at the club happening.

The owners need to decide whether they are sticking by Bowyer for the season or sacking him and replacing him with another manager. if they are sticking by Bowyer then they need to make a statement saying this and saying their reasons.

Was it Nixon though

No it wasn't.

it was written by Ken Lawrence from the Sun

Was it Nixon though

No, it was Ken Lawrence and it's unusual for a paper to run a story like this (ie that is so definite) if there's no foundation to it.

It's not like transfer speculation.

I've just checked and the (revised) story is still up on the website ('On the brink').

I'm unable to read the whole report as I'm not a subscriber.

Thanks Kamy for the update.

That what I thought it was very strange that Ken Lawrence didn't ask Bowyer about it. maybe it was leak by Shaw/Slivester/Myers or someone on the Rovers coaching staff told him? who knows

is the decision to sack Bowyer down to Mrs D or will the other family members have a say aswell? will Shaw not have an input?

we don't want another Kean situation at the club happening.

The owners need to decide whether they are sticking by Bowyer for the season or sacking him and replacing him with another manager. if they are sticking by Bowyer then they need to make a statement saying this and saying their reasons.

No they don't, they do what they want

No it wasn't.

it was written by Ken Lawrence from the Sun,

Well I thought so but asked Jim mk2 just in case he had some inside info, him previously being in the trade

yeah but it's all bowyer propaganda

If you read this thread you will find people are putting forward constructive well thought out threads.

All you seem to bring is ignorant one-liners. Do you have a view on anything?

No, it was Ken Lawrence and it's unusual for a paper to run a story like this (ie that is so definite) if there's no foundation to it.

It's not like transfer speculation.

I've just checked and the (revised) story is still up on the website ('On the brink').

I'm unable to read the whole report as I'm not a subscriber.

Still one of their 'top stories' and posted 21 hours ago.

Last paragraph states that the paper understands that the V's are poised to dump GB within next 48 hours.

Doubt this is 'a flier' as referred to by Jim Mk 2 above. Story is 'sticking'.

As others have speculated, I think Friday night events may prove to have been as pivotal as Saturday's result.

Still one of their 'top stories' and posted 21 hours ago.Last paragraph states that the paper understands that the V's are poised to dump GB within next 48 hours.Doubt this is 'a flier' as referred to by Jim Mk 2 above. Story is 'sticking'.As others have speculated, I think Friday night events may prove to have been as pivotal as Saturday's result.

Does anyone know if the rumours of some of the players being out drinking on Friday night are true.

Ive seen some pictures on twitter, but nothing that proves it was friday.

If you read this thread you will find people are putting forward constructive well thought out threads.

All you seem to bring is ignorant one-liners. Do you have a view on anything?

my view is that we are truly screwed if this chap is allowed to carry on running the team into the ground

Archived