BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Bowyer Most Likely Not Sacked

Interesting if Gary himself got his mate to run the story knowing Venkys then wouldn't do it

its either that or shaw being a knob or another venky betting scam.

if it is down to Bowyer then this myth about him being honorable is defo smashed to smithereens.

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Interesting if Gary himself got his mate to run the story knowing Venkys then wouldn't do it

Risky strategy though. It may just put the thought into their minds, and may turn the fan base from neutral to accepting him going.

What happens next is anyone's guess. It is impossible to second guess what Venky's will do. You only have to go back to the final week of the Kean's reign of terror. Mrs D agreed to sack him on the Sunday night and press were briefed, so they ran stories that he was about to be sacked, only for Mrs D to change her mind on the Monday morning.

So the truth is no one knows what will happen next. But my gut feeling is that Gary will get the Bolton game and if he loses that then his position might become untenable if the fans turn on him.

What happens next is anyone's guess. It is impossible to second guess what Venky's will do. You only have to go back to the final week of the Kean's reign of terror. Mrs D agreed to sack him on the Sunday night and press were briefed, so they ran stories that he was about to be sacked, only for Mrs D to change her mind on the Monday morning.

So the truth is no one knows what will happen next. But my gut feeling is that Gary will get the Bolton game and if he loses that then his position might become untenable if the fans turn on him.

Who do think did the leak Kamy because it went to more than just the Sun ?

From what I have been able to gather, Venky's indicated that they would consider Gary's position if we failed to get a win yesterday. That was leaked to Ken Lawrence at the sun who ran the Gary has been sacked story, and then changed it to he will be sacked within 48 hours. Venky's haven't decided what they are going to do so the sun running that story was very premature. What is makes this all the more curious is that Ken is very close to Gary, so am bemused that he ran the story in the first place as he could have easily checked directly with Gary due to the relationship that he has with him, unless someone told him to run as normally do the opposite when stuff is leaked to the press.

Messy situation all round.

Are you not changing your story somewhat Kamy?

Last night you indicated that someone at the Club had leaked to this journo that GB had actually been sacked. Today you are saying they merely told him that GB's position was under review.

It makes a huge difference. If the latter then it's entirely the journo's fault. How a manager being under pressure translates into him actually being sacked I do not know. No-one would have batted an eye lid if he'd run a story about GB being under pressure, indeed it would be a scandal imo if his position wasn't under close scrutiny given his record last season and the start we've made this.

That would be fence sitting in a huge way.

One result, either way against Bolton, will not alter the fact that, seemingly, a huge swathe of Rovers fans believe that Bowyer is not the man to return the club to its former glories and, IMV, they are absolutely right.

In my eyes, he was never the man for the job and all this nice guy, soppy sentimentality stuff has to stop.

IMV, Bowyer is completely out of his depth and with his negative persona, should be drummed out of the club completely.

We need a highly driven manager with a 'can do' attitude. IMV, a huge breath of fresh air needs to sweep away the negativity and mediocrity of the football structure that Bowyer has put in place.

This whole situation is venkys in a nutshell. Just be decisive for once you bloody cowards, if you don't want him then just get on with it.

Absolute morons.96 games in charge... Wow. Look at where we are now.

Once again exposes the flaws in installing a puppet MD and trying to run the show from India, (especially when you don't know how to run a football club).

Are you not changing your story somewhat Kamy?

Last night you indicated that someone at the Club had leaked to this journo that GB had actually been sacked. Today you are saying they merely told him that GB's position was under review.

It makes a huge difference. If the latter then it's entirely the journo's fault. How a manager being under pressure translates into him actually being sacked I do not know. No-one would have batted an eye lid if he'd run a story about GB being under pressure, indeed it would be a scandal imo if his position wasn't under close scrutiny given his record last season and the start we've made this.

No sorry Rev, what I meant was that Venky's were reviewing Gary's position but the Sun were told that he was being sacked. What surprises me most is that Ken has a very good relationship with Gary so why not just ring him direct and ask him what was going on before running the story? Just very strange.

That would be fence sitting in a huge way.

One result, either way against Bolton, will not alter the fact that, seemingly, a huge swathe of Rovers fans believe that Bowyer is not the man to return the club to its former glories and, IMV, they are absolutely right.

In my eyes, he was never the man for the job and all this nice guy, soppy sentimentality stuff has to stop.

IMV, Bowyer is completely out of his depth and with his negative persona, should be drummed out of the club completely.

We need a highly driven manager with a 'can do' attitude. IMV, a huge breath of fresh air needs to sweep away the negativity and mediocrity of the football structure that Bowyer has put in place.

What fans believe or even want Mercer will not have any bearing on what Venky's will do as history has proven.

No sorry Rev, what I meant was that Venky's were reviewing Gary's position but the Sun were told that he was being sacked. What surprises me most is that Ken has a very good relationship with Gary so why not just ring him direct and ask him what was going on before running the story? Just very strange.

Hmmm...........if true that would surely constitute grounds for sacking the instigator of the leak.

2 birds one stone?

bowyer and his reps are either trying to engineer him out of a job(where it will be pay days all around)because i think gb wants a managers job elsewhere or as you say they could have done it because they know the venkys usually don't bow to tabloid or fan pressure in this way so it could actually cement his position as manager even further(really wouldn't be surprised if he came out of it all with anew contract)

I know the 2 situations above kind of contradict each other, but this is venkys era brfc where talking about so you just cant guess either way, but you can pretty much say for certain there's something pretty underhand going on here and last nights tabloid slip was no accident the tabloids are just being used as a tool

Hmmm...........if true that would surely constitute grounds for sacking the instigator of the leak.

2 birds one stone?

They (Venky's) will most certainly be fuming about the leak.

Crucial thing is that what do they do next? Keep Gary or not? Does he just have until the Bolton game or will they give him longer?

What the Sun story has done is made fans believe that Gary's position is under threat, even though what fans say/do won't have any bearing on Venky's decision if Gary is incharge on Friday there could be a toxic atmosphere if we fall behind and with the Sky camera there no doubt that the media will brand our fans as "moaners" and dig up the Kean stuff.

This post is an excellent base for my previous arguments about Gaz and he's done a good job for Rovers. Mackay and Holloways failures at those clubs are prime examples of how it is so hard, even for good, experienced managers to do well at clubs in turmoil...it highlights the excellent job Gaz did in stabilising our club which was almost certainly about to do a Wigan or a Millwall who could not be saved!!

I hate to say this, and I've never done this before...but those who trivialise the excellent work Gaz did in his first 18 months are utterly clueless!! Yes clueless! I KNOW some of the things they had to do and the circumstances they did it in and I KNOW at least 4/5 professional league managers who I have had conversations with and would not have fancied taking it on.

Gaz let himself down last season with a very strong squad which he had assembled and that is why I believe it's time for a change.

I am NOT a Rovers Fan. I am also not a keyboard warrior. Perhaps it's harder when you haven't seen these things with your own eyes but Surely Gaz deserves more respect for what he did when we were on our knees?

Why it has to be so vicious I'll never know. The guy genuinely cares...why can't it just be a case of "thanks very much but the time has come to move on?"

They know last season wasn't good enough.

Well put, and I agree.

To not even trouble the top 6 last season (not even close) with Rudy/Rhodes is deserving of a sacking, even though he did good work up to then post Appleton.

Place your bets :rock:

This whole situation is venkys in a nutshell. Just be decisive for once you bloody cowards, if you don't want him then just get on with it.

Absolute morons.

96 games in charge... Wow. Look at where we are now.

That's the point, if they are sticking with him then come out and back him even if it's only the dreaded vote of confidence at least they've gone on record and said results must improve quickly. He, the players and fans know the score then.

Otherwise sack him and move on in the correct positive manner.

They (Venky's) will most certainly be fuming about the leak.

Crucial thing is that what do they do next? Keep Gary or not? Does he just have until the Bolton game or will they give him longer?

What the Sun story has done is made fans believe that Gary's position is under threat, even though what fans say/do won't have any bearing on Venky's decision if Gary is incharge on Friday there could be a toxic atmosphere if we fall behind and with the Sky camera there no doubt that the media will brand our fans as "moaners" and dig up the Kean stuff.

I'm sure you are right. "Kean Out" then "Bowyer Out" will have been the two messages, which do indeed sound like moaning fans, especially when the real issue was an agent running the club.

Personally I think he'll be gone in a couple of days. While you never can guess what Venky's will do, there's definitely been a different feel the last couple of months.

I reckon Saint Gary the righteous may have got his mate from the paper to run the story. This could be to gain sympathy from the football world or to make Venky's do a u-turn. Honourable my arse!

Maybe,

GB didn't go to Pune in the close season, only the bean counter went

I reckon Saint Gary the righteous may have got his mate from the paper to run the story. This could be to gain sympathy from the football world or to make Venky's do a u-turn. Honourable my arse!

If that's true it's a toss of a coin of who is worst him or Kean

Add in his alleged interest in the Sheff Utd job and his general demeanour so far this season. Plus his repetitive quotes which with him being a reasonably intelligent man he will know how daft some of it sounds. Looks like things have been strained from before the season. Probably just the usual confusion.

That's the point, if they are sticking with him then come out and back him even if it's only the dreaded vote of confidence at least they've gone on record and said results must improve quickly. He, the players and fans know the score then.

Otherwise sack him and move on in the correct positive manner.

Completely agree. You can't run a club on a match to match basis with the 'Sword of Damocles' hanging over the manager's head based on a particular result. You either believe he is the right man for the job and back him or you don't in which case you replace him.

All this has achieved is unrest in fan base, more confusion and probably sharper knives for the manager in the boardroom and press.

Assuming GB did it to benefit himself basically ignores all common sense. Using this assumption to then say Kean and GB are the same? Well athlete, you've won Jbizzles award for most ridiculous post of the week.

Is it not more tangible (what Kamy says) that the club are on a different page to the owners... Isn't this what causes all this @#/? in the first place?

Archived